Sorry to Bother You

I would say it wasn't what I expected but I wasn't really expecting anything. Some buddies and I that did inside sales/call center work out of college went to see it because we thought it would be some kind of Office Space-esque comedy with that as a set piece instead of SW/coding. It definitely had some Judge-level moments.

Weird as fuck but highly entertaining and, yes, thought-provoking, without being overly preachy.

Semi-related: does anyone play a better douchebag right now than Arnie Hammer? 

9 minutes ago, drewcifer said:

I would say it wasn't what I expected but I wasn't really expecting anything. Some buddies and I that did inside sales/call center work out of college went to see it because we thought it would be some kind of Office Space-esque comedy with that as a set piece instead of SW/coding. It definitely had some Judge-level moments.

Weird as fuck but highly entertaining and, yes, thought-provoking, without being overly preachy.

Semi-related: does anyone play a better douchebag right now than Arnie Hammer? 

he's very smarmy when he needs to be.  which is usually.

Surprised that weird ending didn't annoy more people here. It annoyed me. I thought the first hour was great, then it just got weird. Literal "work horses"? Ugly as hell too...

The satire and social commentary was cool, I'm with it, but that ending just got weird to me. Gave it a 'B' because of that.

• 4 months later...
Surprised that weird ending didn't annoy more people here. It annoyed me. I thought the first hour was great, then it just got weird. Literal "work horses"? Ugly as hell too...

The satire and social commentary was cool, I'm with it, but that ending just got weird to me. Gave it a 'B' because of that.

Just saw it. Had zero expectations and enjoyed the first hour quite a bit, the scenery and use of colors really added to the ambiance. Then the horse cock twist really unmade so much of the film.

• 1 month later...