mavs vs wolves- who’s winning?

who wins the series   

27 members have voted

1. 1. who wins the west

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/25/24 at 12:00 AM

Gotta keep kyrie from going nuclear. We do that, I like our chances but haven’t seen this mavericks team at all post trade deadline.

I do think OKC was the weakest of the big 3 out west as far as playoff teams go. We’ll see

Home court advantage is cool but damn losing just one is killer

Gotta keep kyrie from going nuclear. We do that, I like our chances but haven’t seen this mavericks team at all post trade deadline.

I do think OKC was the weakest of the big 3 out west as far as playoff teams go. We’ll see

Home court advantage is cool but damn losing just one is killer
Most people haven't been paying attention to us and that's fine but Kyrie going nuclear is pretty far down the list of how we've been winning games. It amuses me how high the media and casuals are on Minnesota after coming back against the nuggets but can't elucidate on why the Mavs can't match up against them.

Most people haven't been paying attention to us and that's fine but Kyrie going nuclear is pretty far down the list of how we've been winning games. It amuses me how high the media and casuals are on Minnesota after coming back against the nuggets but can't elucidate on why the Mavs can't match up against them.

It was why Dallas won their only game vs us. And one of a few games kyrie had all year that he hit 6 3 pointers in a game.

We have no idea how anyone matches up with anyone since Dallas is different from the last time we played 4 months ago. Kyrie going nuclear, which he’s done his whole career is a thing to watch and sucks when it’s against you, is high up on the list of things that can’t happen to us.

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

It was why Dallas won their only game vs us. And one of a few games kyrie had all year that he hit 6 3 pointers in a game.

We have no idea how anyone matches up with anyone since Dallas is different from the last time we played 4 months ago. Kyrie going nuclear, which he’s done his whole career is a thing to watch and sucks when it’s against you, is high up on the list of things that can’t happen to us.

here are the key match ups.  

mcdaniels guarding luka

ant on kyrie

pj on kat

daniel jones on ant

will ant be tired from picking up kyrie on defense and can DJjr limit his effectiveness on the other end of the floor.  if we have to send help on ant can we rotate fast enough to the shooters?  conversely do the wolves play straight up against luka and ky?  they won't, not for long anyway.  when that happens can our shooters keep knocking down shots and will we make the right decisions?  minnesota's not going to give up easy looks. 

the series will be determined by how much contact the refs allow.  letting them play benefits dallas.  we don't have the lengthy depth on defense minnesota does and sending minnesota to the line will be huge b/c they're going to have trouble scoring consistently. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm leaning Wolves in the series, but only by a hair because of homecourt.

Overall I think the games will be low scoring. Minnesota has been the best defensive team all year, and you can't discount what Dallas has done defensively since the trade deadline. They've been incredible, even Luka and Kyrie.

Both teams will have to play a little differently than they did in the previous rounds. Dallas shouldn't be able to exploit the paint like they did against OKC. Minnesota is going to have to work harder on offense than they did against Denver. 

I think it eventually comes down to a few things:
1. Can Dallas small ball Gobert off the court and get Minnesota out of their defense? Denver couldn't do that because they have to keep Jokic in at all times.
2. Can KAT stay out of foul trouble and will Naz Reid be the X factor?
3. Which team's role players make their open threes.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...