power washer

mbpcb

I'm in the market for a residential power washer.  Going to use to keep the siding and brick on the house clean as well as the concrete/stone patio and wood deck.  been surfing amazon and seeing good reviews for Ryobi and Sun Joe.  Any personal recommendations here?  gas vs electric?  what PSI?  engine size? 

Rent one, wash the house once or twice a year. Gas power washer... power washing sucks for what it's worth. You get wet, the area you are working gets muddy, all the filth you spray off the building gets on you, dragging hoses around. That said, there are guys who will do it.for you$, roll up with a trailer and.ladders and knock it out.

But yes, if you want to do.yourself, rent and gas power. Let the machine be someone else's problem

I agree with these posters.  I’ve had one for three or four years.  Carb repaired, even after using proper fuel, happened again because I didn’t use it enough.  Rented one the last time from Hom Depot and felt great just dropping it back off. 

• Like 1

Highly recommend Honda.  Bought a Honda in 2004, used in in 2004 and 2005, then sat without use until 2017.  Added gas and it started on the first pull.
Bought a used honda 7 yrs back. 3200psi, starts on the 1st pull runs like a champ. I use my power washer as a sand blaster too, especially for car parts. Just takes a $40 adapter kit and you're on your way. Definitely worth the $350; one of my better finds on craigslist.

Fuck electric. If money is an issue, pick up a gas unit on Craigslist and aim for 2500psi or more.

Don’t pay somebody to do it. It’s very cathartic and usually the kids and wife run away from the noise and over spray.

On 8/18/2018 at 2:28 PM, woohorn said:

The Costco gas Subarui is a great deal when it goes on sale ($299 regular I think).

This is the one I have and used it for the last couple years. I really like it and has been very reliable. 

You do need to check accessories out. The rotating head is the best thing I have bought so far. Really speeds up the work. 

• Like 1

Tet a gas one with more than 3000 psi for what you want to do.  You can get by with a smaller psi but that means you are cleaning in a 3 inch swath, instead of maybe a 6 inch swath.  I will say that the one attachment that makes doing flat surfaces like cement and decks MUCH, MUCH easier more consistent and faster0-https://www.homedepot.com/p/Homelite-15-in-EZ-Clean-Gas-Surface-Cleaner-AEZ31023/203105727

Ryobi makes a smaller $30 version, but I bought this one for $69 kicks ass and saves a shit ton of time.  Almost more importantly this attachment prevents the streaking from uneven whand movement.  This is ESPECIALLY important for wood decks where the wood can be soft and the washer can scour the surface.  Also keeps the mess and overspray way down.  

homelite-accessories-aez31023-64_1000.jp