Wreck on 71 closes route to airport

hayden_horn

So we have one way to the airport. Just really the one. A wreck occurred last night around 11pm. Fatality, fiery wreck, tragic. 

Its 9:32, and 71 is still closed. There is no police resource concerned with helping to direct traffic to the airport. We are sitting on 183 south waiting to turn on burleson and the light is running normal cycles, resulting in a massive traffic backup. Is APD concerned. Nah, bro. 

Fucking incapable APD. It's like they are allergic to traffic direction. 

20 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

So we have one way to the airport. Just really the one. A wreck occurred last night around 11pm. Fatality, fiery wreck, tragic. 

Its 9:32, and 71 is still closed. There is no police resource concerned with helping to direct traffic to the airport. We are sitting on 183 south waiting to turn on burleson and the light is running normal cycles, resulting in a massive traffic backup. Is APD concerned. Nah, bro. 

Fucking incapable APD. It's like they are allergic to traffic direction. 

looks like you want to spread the blame elsewhere for not planning ahead 

Since I know everyone was on the edge of their seat, I ended up missing my international flights. I was far from the only one. APD had dozens of cars and officers for the road closure but none could apparently be spared anywhere for traffic expedition. I'm rescheduled for tomorrow. 

Fuck APD. End of transmission. 

Edited by hayden_horn

Yeah, I was headed out that way Saturday morning (actually, heading out 183 towards Lockhart), and noticed the HUGE backup, in all directions.  I was able to pass the long line of cars waiting to turn on Burleson.

There WAS a cop working the entrance from 183 north to 71....but he was just there to block the ramp.  Not too helpful.

You know, I don't generally check a traffic app, particularly when I'm traveling at a time when there shouldn't be much traffic.  If I'd had a flight that morning, I'd have been caught in the same mess.  APD should have been working on diversion routes -- if they'd have worked that light, to let long lines of traffic turn left on Burleson, it would have made a huge difference, with minimal effort.