Hokies @ FSU Monday Night Football

Whitman

5 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

Just dropping this here:

I remember being at the UCLA game in Austin and during the fourth quarter they put the camera on a very frustrated Longhorn fan and he gave double barrel birds to the camera. It was on godzillatron and it was glorious. 

Edited by PatSolitanojr
I can’t spell

It’s hilarious. FSU made a very political hire in Taggart. And no one, and I mean no one at the mothership is allowed to ask the most obvious question for fear of offending someone.

But ask yourself. What has Taggart done that even remotely qualified him for such a job? 

He has one year at South Florida that one could say was awesome. The rest of them were average at best. But look closer at that successful team, who the star players were and how they got there. And then factor in his previous 3 seasons at USF. Remind you of someone?

Oregon was even worse. Especially after his “style” of coaching landed guys in the ER. The ensuing campaign was a disaster. From basic fundamentals, to gameplays no one understood Willie was talking improvement. Sticking with and trusting the process. Never letting on his agent was quietly looking for an out. And like a fart in the wind he lands in Tallahassee. 

And if you didn’t get my earlier reference, and I know you did. His resume reads almost identically like Charlie’s. And those in the know are already making the comparison. If he doesn’t get gifted a honest next level QB ala’ Bridgewater for Charlie. FSU is proper fucked going forward.

• Like 3

Oh good grief, it was Taggart's first game and against a top 20 opponent, not a repeat choke to a lousy MD.  The adage is generally true, you don't really know until the 2nd year.  He had impressive rebuilds at WKU and S. Florida, and just 1 year at Oregon.  Had they punched it in after the run to the 5 it would have a 7-point game and the Seminoles with the momentum in the 4th. 

Yes, Taggart has recently been all over the atlas, and some will say that this is no way to run a railroad.  To that I shrug, it is too early to know how he'll do at FSU.

Edited by clapclapclap

59 minutes ago, Hamttx said:

It’s hilarious. FSU made a very political hire in Taggart. And no one, and I mean no one at the mothership is allowed to ask the most obvious question for fear of offending someone.

But ask yourself. What has Taggart done that even remotely qualified him for such a job? 

He has one year at South Florida that one could say was awesome. The rest of them were average at best. But look closer at that successful team, who the star players were and how they got there. And then factor in his previous 3 seasons at USF. Remind you of someone?

Oregon was even worse. Especially after his “style” of coaching landed guys in the ER. The ensuing campaign was a disaster. From basic fundamentals, to gameplays no one understood Willie was talking improvement. Sticking with and trusting the process. Never letting on his agent was quietly looking for an out. And like a fart in the wind he lands in Tallahassee. 

And if you didn’t get my earlier reference, and I know you did. His resume reads almost identically like Charlie’s. And those in the know are already making the comparison. If he doesn’t get gifted a honest next level QB ala’ Bridgewater for Charlie. FSU is proper fucked going forward.

What was political about the hire?

40 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

There looked like there was a fake injury play by VT.  Did that kid ever come back in the game ?

I heard the guy they should on replay tried to come back in after sitting out 1 play and then sat out the rest of the game... leg injury.  like it would have mattered anyway...

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I hope he gets the ship righted.  A strong FSU is good for the ACC.

FSU's period of ACC dominance came right when Clemson was at its weakest.  Also, VT, Miami and Louisville weren't in the conference back then.  The days of FSU and the 8 dwarfs are thankfully over.

7 minutes ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

FSU's period of ACC dominance came right when Clemson was at its weakest.  Also, VT, Miami and Louisville weren't in the conference back then.  The days of FSU and the 8 dwarfs are thankfully over.

Yeah, I remember those days.   Sat in the stands the Thursday night UVA beat a #1 FSU.  Nobody thought that would ever happen.

Still, having better teams across the board is what I like to see.  The parity makes for great football.

7 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yeah, I remember those days.   Sat in the stands the Thursday night UVA beat a #1 FSU.  Nobody thought that would ever happen.

Still, having better teams across the board is what I like to see.  The parity makes for great football.

I was at a nudie bar out by the Pittsburgh airport that night. That game was on the TVs. Most of us there were involved in athletics in some shape or form and we were all watching the game, and not the dancers. The dancers were not happy.

3 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I was at a nudie bar out by the Pittsburgh airport that night. That game was on the TVs. Most of us there were involved in athletics in some shape or form and we were all watching the game, and not the dancers. The dancers were not happy.

It was a jaw dropping WTF just happened.