do you ever yearn?

Kel Varnsen

Saw a Reddit thread that was fun. If Seinfeld could have had 1 use of the word "fuck" (or any variation of it), where would you have inserted it in the show? 

A few of the top voted ones:

Yeah? Well, I fucked your wife.

What the fuck are ya doing, ya little piece of [still bleeped]?!?

Thanks for ruining my daddy's business you fat fuck.

You want a Christmas card?! Here's your fucking Christmas card!

You had to have the BIG FUCKING SALAD!

Person on beach - “Is anyone here a marine biologist?”
George - “Fuck.”

I got a lot of problems with you fucking people! And now you're gonna hear about it!

• Hook 'Em 2

Saw an old Family Guy rerun and they made this joke about Julia Louis-Dreyfus. It's obviously before Veep, but it got me thinking about the cast post-Seinfeld. We know that Jerry was not an actor, so it makes sense that he focused on stand up with a few movie projects and Comedians in Cars. I read that Jason Alexander was always better at Broadway than TV and typecasting probably kept him from another major TV role. The question will always be Michael Richards. The stories I've read are that he was the most serious of the cast about the craft of acting, even though his roles were mostly goofy characters. It made me wonder if he would have found post-Seinfeld success had he not gone on his stage rant. My guess is that he would have found something eventually, but Julia Louis-Dreyfus' VEEP success came out of nowhere, and I've always liked that she found that success. 

42 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Saw a Reddit thread that was fun. If Seinfeld could have had 1 use of the word "fuck" (or any variation of it), where would you have inserted it in the show? 

A few of the top voted ones:

What the fuck are ya doing, ya little piece of [still bleeped]?!?

Thanks for ruining my daddy's business you fat fuck.

You want a Christmas card?! Here's your fucking Christmas card!

You had to have the BIG FUCKING SALAD!

Person on beach - “Is anyone here a marine biologist?”
George - “Fuck.”

I got a lot of problems with you fucking people! And now you're gonna hear about it!

What the fuck did you trade Jay Buhner for?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Y'all would know, wasn't there an episode where it's briefly mentioned that either Seinfeld or George served in the Coast Guard right before/after college?  Why do I remember that?  

It's when George was trying to figure out what to do for a new job. 

But what about your sea sickness?

Maybe I could be a land guy.

I don't know if they have land guys.

Well, someone's gotta be there to unhook the boat from the place!

3 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

Of the ones you posted, this is the best.

2 hours ago, Post Oak said:

What the fuck did you trade Jay Buhner for?

Close 2nd.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

Julia Louis-Dreyfus' VEEP success came out of nowhere, and I've always liked that she found that success. 

It didn't really come out of nowhere.  New Adventures of Old Christine apparently did well enough to have five seasons.  But yes, VEEP far outdid that success.

You guys are freaking me out!  So my youngest had her pre-school graduation today.  And I got to meet a lot of the classmates and parents I've been hearing about all year.  And she has this thing where she'll come home and just give us this verbatim report of "Boone said this" and "Carlotta said that."  So we're having cake afterwards and she's still regaling us with classroom chatter.  And my wife asks, "And what pray tell did Thomas have to say about graduation?"  And I am still laughing.  And on top of that, there was a grandpa there today who was a dead ringer for the guy at the Del Boca Vista board meeting with the cigar who replies to Morty about who is running the meeting, 'If you think so..."  Maybe the simulation is just one long seinfeld episode?  

By the way, in honor of her graduation but in lieu of sending you all links to our gift registry, we ask you kindly make a generous donation to the Human Fund.  Money for People.  

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

About to dominate some fools at Seinfeld trivia. 

Well, that's true.  You do make good comments, George.  

I can go quote for quote with anybody, but your obscure recollection of apartments numbers, addresses, telephone numbers, etc. is just surreal to me.  If only you could use your powers for good, Biff.

Only time I did an in-person Seinfeld trivia game was at that Irish Pub on West Sixth like 15 years ago.  And there was a question about the Bubble Boy episode and I didn't know the answer.  Question was something about how George and Susan ended up in that house to begin with.  So I submitted, "The Moops" just to submit something between beers.  And the host was like, "Who are the Moops.  Do you mean the Moors."  And I thought he was gonna run with the joke, but he just kept going with the game.  I've always wanted to track him down and punch him in the brain.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Well, that's true.  You do make good comments, George.  

I can go quote for quote with anybody, but your obscure recollection of apartments numbers, addresses, telephone numbers, etc. is just surreal to me.  If only you could use your powers for good, Biff.

Only time I did an in-person Seinfeld trivia game was at that Irish Pub on West Sixth like 15 years ago.  And there was a question about the Bubble Boy episode and I didn't know the answer.  Question was something about how George and Susan ended up in that house to begin with.  So I submitted, "The Moops" just to submit something between beers.  And the host was like, "Who are the Moops.  Do you mean the Moors."  And I thought he was gonna run with the joke, but he just kept going with the game.  I've always wanted to track him down and punch him in the brain.  

One of the questions was Newman's apartment number.  

We only missed one tonight and the team in second place was a solo contestant.  We recruited him into our harem and we discussed trying to find a national Seinfeld trivia circuit.