Would it be wrong if...

The sign on our door is hand written, and says: "By appointment only today, please" and ends by asking folk to call the number of our dedicated spam call phone which says I am on a very important video call.

This not only deters 99% of solicitors, but also friends and acquaintances who haven't had the good sense to call, text, or IM before dropping by.

The last person who knocked uninvited is a former friend who is running for office.

I either don't answer the door or open it a foot or so and slam it.  Did get caught by JH folks when I was working in the garage a few months ago.  I feigned interest for a few min and then said "Well I'm interested but I just don't know for sure, it's all so confusing"  Waited for her to start talking and flipped on the table saw and started cutting a piece of 1/4" plywood into strips.  Dumb bitch stood there for about 30 seconds before getting the point and walked away.  Wasted some plywood but was well worth it.

23 minutes ago, Bernard said:

1. Train your dog not to go ape shit.

Bullshit.  that's exactly what i want them to do.

When they see us cool with the visitors, they cool too.

If not, they are pissed.

If they are past the threshhold of our front door, they are on a leash or possibly a doucher who knocked...

38 minutes ago, Bernard said:

If you like it, why are you complaining?

Bernard

Obtuse much?

It isn't about the dogs, it's about the motherfuckers knocking on my door who KNOW they shouldn't fucking be there.

To the OP. I had the same problem. Why can someone come on my property and disturb me. Should be illegal IMO. Anywho, I put a hand written note that says "Please do not knock or ring doorbell. Baby sleeping." I put it up about 3 months ago and haven't had a single person knock or ring doorbell. Glorious!

• Like 1

Im gonna make a sign....

NO SOLICITING. NO TRESSPASSERS.

We assume all who disregard this posted notice do so with the intent to cause us harm. When we answer, it is to defend ourselves from harm. We fear for our lives and will defend ourselves with lethal force.

I wish a Mfer would.