Fresno @ UCLA

DaysOff

Listening to Petros is a fucking beating.   Klatt>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Petros.

24 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

I've been watching since halftime... Fresno is just overpowering UCLA.   

Fresno should not be man handling the bruins...It would be like North Texas kicking our Ass.... It just shouldn't happen.

Did you know Fresno State has more wins and a higher winning percentage all time than UCLA? They're also 2-0 against the Bruins this century. (0-4 before that.)

Go Dogs!

1 hour ago, berlinerbaer said:

I'm happy to see that Tedford has landed back on his feet and is turning a program around. It's reminiscent of Cal back in 2002 - 2004. 

As far as Chip and UCLA goes, I don't get it.

Me either.  I haven’t been this depressed about UCLA football in, well, ever.  Give me hope.  Some hope. But right now, I don’t have it.

7 hours ago, berlinerbaer said:

I'm happy to see that Tedford has landed back on his feet and is turning a program around. It's reminiscent of Cal back in 2002 - 2004. 

As far as Chip and UCLA goes, I don't get it.

I'm getting the feeling Chip will never come close to replicating Oregon.  His stint in the NFL didn't do anything to suggest he can do it again.

Good for Tedford.  Cal got to thinking they deserved to be a ranked team and lost patience with him.  Also had some health problems I hear.  He's performed a minor miracle in turning around that program.

Edited by Lhorn

5 hours ago, Lhorn said:

I'm getting the feeling Chip will never come close to replicating Oregon.  His stint in the NFL didn't do anything to suggest he can do it again.

Good for Tedford.  Cal got to thinking they deserved to be a ranked team and lost patience with him.  Also had some health problems I hear.  He's performed a minor miracle in turning around that program.

Oregon improved almost immediately when he started as OC back in 2007 and was in the national title game by 2010. In his first season with the Eagles they went 10-6 after going 4-12 the year before. Even in the NFL, he had early success.

It took a few seasons for any problems to surface at both gigs, including recruiting violations at Oregon. There really isn't precedent for this kind of start at any of his stops except for his lone season with the 9'ers.

I'll resist going down the rabbit hole that is Tedford at Cal except to note that his health problems were stress related. He should be able to sustain his success at an institution that is overall more friendly toward football.

17 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Me either.  I haven’t been this depressed about UCLA football in, well, ever.  Give me hope.  Some hope. But right now, I don’t have it.

The UCLA hire of Kelly will still will be proven as a better hire than Sumlin at Arizona, by the end of this season...
So there's that hope in going no worse than 5th, in the PAC south in Chip's 1st season of not only rebuilding, but "revamping" an entire team...