DFW

LebongJames

I just took a new job and cover the entire state. I grew up in Houston and live in Austin. I know nothing about Dallas besides The Cotton Bowl.

Ill be there about once a month for a few nights. Looking for the best part of town to stay. Places to eat/ watch a game.

Mid 30s not looking for a party scene but some places that have a weekday crowd and good food.

I am a Marriott guy and will have my truck every time I’m there.

I suppose the grown-up place to kind of wander around for better-than-chain restaurants and bars might be Knox-Henderson.  Greenville still has some classic spots, but you may have to wade through idiots and 60K millionaires.. Same with Uptown, but a classier scale.   Bishop Arts in Oak Cliff is another grown-up, kind of artsy-fartsy, slightly Austin-y area. 

Downtown, is, of course, central, but the one-way streets and traffic make it a PITA.  The business district north of Woodall Rogers is getting crowded, too, but retains pretty good access to the tollroad, 35 and Central.  Looks like Le Meridien Stoneleigh might be a good choice in that area without being the Ritz Carlton.

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I suppose the grown-up place to kind of wander around for better-than-chain restaurants and bars might be Knox-Henderson.  Greenville still has some classic spots, but you may have to wade through idiots and 60K millionaires.. Same with Uptown, but a classier scale.   Bishop Arts in Oak Cliff is another grown-up, kind of artsy-fartsy, slightly Austin-y area. 

Downtown, is, of course, central, but the one-way streets and traffic make it a PITA.  The business district north of Woodall Rogers is getting crowded, too, but retains pretty good access to the tollroad, 35 and Central.  Looks like Le Meridien Stoneleigh might be a good choice in that area without being the Ritz Carlton.

wrong, uptown is a shit fest

I tend to believe, though, that most of your business is going to be north of 635, so you may find that business dictates that you get outside of the 635 traffic.  So Galleria or other, maybe further north options may work better.  There's good restaurants to be found all over.  Cool bars, less so.  Farther North Dallas is like northern Houston, very suburban, not a ton to do.

1 minute ago, bluto said:

wrong, uptown is a shit fest

I said he'd have to wade through idiots and 60k millionaires there and on Greenville both.  But the establishments on Greenville tend to be holes-in-the-wall, those in Uptown, "classier" or more modern, if not actually any better. 

31 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

When you say "DFW," I assume you're talking about the airport.  Because that's what "DFW" means.

If you're talking about the urban area, then it's just "Dallas."

DFW = entire metroplex

Dallas = Dallas proper

Fort Worth = Fort Worth propper

Everything else = the burbs

On 10/1/2018 at 12:57 PM, Kyle said:

Shops at Legacy / Legacy West growing. There is a Marriott and new Renaissance there, and you can get around easily via Tollway / Bush / 121.

Go to the clubs and bars around shops at Legacy if you wanna find a sugar momma. Buddy of mine did and he's living large at the moment. 

• Like 1