Shane for OC

cdain3

36 minutes ago, po elvis said:

"hey lets like throw the ball to our stud receiver a couple yards past the 1st down marker on third down."

it was such a basic play that everyone does, but so surprising to see us do.

Apparently none of the coaching staff is familiar with that play.  Thanks, Boosh.  Here's to hoping a page was added to the playbook.

1 hour ago, UTEX_ME said:

I swear all the media that covers the team wants it to fail. 

Sports Bloggers coveting Horn Football:  Hyena mentality for sure but it should be obvious these are basically "losers trying desperately to pay the bills" (e.g. FCB).

FUTURE SHOCK:

That being said, I don't think its too far off (or maybe happening now) that AI programs will be generating plays, and the future  "coordinators" will be IT guys making sure the big data streams keep flowing in real time. Supercomputers will become a significant line item on team budgets.

Players will still need to play.....until CTE protocols outlaw the actual playing of game to all except droids.Calling it now, and to happen in my lifetime.

Edited by El Squared

45 minutes ago, po elvis said:

"hey lets like throw the ball to our stud receiver a couple yards past the 1st down marker on third down."

it was such a basic play that everyone does, but so surprising to see us do.

lol i bet mehringer panicked when they asked for suggestions and actually called for a wr screen with heard as the lead block. Shane probably saw it coming and quickly turned ole drew's headset off, then spoke for him.

• Like 1

Colonel Blake: [to Spearchucker Jones at the football practice] I had another idea. I think we should have some plays. You know, usually in football you have some organized plays...

Spearchucker: If you don't mind, I took the liberty.

Colonel Blake: Oh, you have...

Spearchucker: I drew up about seven or eight plays. I figure that's about all this bunch can handle.

Colonel Blake: Oh, these are good. These are very good. Uh, what are these little arrows?

21 minutes ago, El Squared said:

FUTURE SHOCK:

That being said, I don't think its too far off (or maybe happening now) that AI programs will be generating plays, and the future  "coordinators" will be IT guys making sure the big data streams keep flowing in real time. Supercomputers will become a significant line item on team budgets.

Players will still need to play.....until CTE protocols outlaw the actual playing of game to all except droids.Calling it now, and to happen in my lifetime.

YES, QUOTED OWN POST:

Quidditch players, while not affected by CTE protocols, will however be subject to BTTP, (Broomstick Testicular Trauma Protocols), which will only exempt participants that are mainly females, aggy,  PC practitioners (/No CR) , and others without apparent testicular apparatus.

Edited by El Squared

2 hours ago, UTEX_ME said:

Shane's a bad ass Longhorn who has accepted his role with class and seems to be helping out quite a bit. Hope he gets to go home to his traitor Gooner family after the season as a winner this weekend. 

Well maybe he could have a good career as an OC or Position or Head Coach.  It would be much healthier for him too..  

16 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Jesus Christ -Shane didn’t call the play - he made a suggestion while the coaches were discussing what they liked for the 3rd and long. This isn’t dysfunction - it’s what teams do.

Seriously.

My fanfic:

Herman: "Drew, what have we got for third and long?"

Shane: *Looks at playcard.*  "How about number 16?"

Mehringer: "Beats man or zone.  Maui F Stick to occupy the safety and backer.  We are on the left hash."

Hand: "That makes it Gone protection on third down."

Herman: "Can we handle a tunnel screen if they show blitz, Herb?"

Hand: "That's a long ways to go and a tired line."

Megringer: "Hex switch gives us a hot and might even free up man coverage."

Herman: "Okay. Clear ... Maui Right Hex 63 F Stick Gone Hard ... send it."

....  Later ....

Herman: "Good call on that third down."

Mehringer: "It was Shane's suggestion."

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

How awesome would it be for Shane to get some revenge on Kansas and just dominate that game. No quarterback controversy, just him taking control of the offense and lighting them up in route to Dallas. Whether he stays or goes, he deserves some attention given all he's done for this team. Do it Shane! Get you some! Even if it is Kansas! Love you man...

On 10/5/2018 at 1:17 PM, RabidM said:

That also exposes the complete dysfunction of our offensive play calling.  We need to hire ONE FUCKING BAD ASS this off season.

I agree. I understand it's everyone chiming in, but it needs a definitive leader. Need an absolute killer who won't "kill clock" as much as he will run up the score and steal souls. My least favorite thing is this "win by 1, no such thing as momentum" attitude. When you are up 17 points, YOU TRY TO GO UP 24 POINTS DAMNIT. 

What gives the defense a better breather? A 6 min drive and punt, or a 1 min touch down drive and keeping all the momentum?