2018-19 Big 12 Basketball Thread

Horny Bull

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

Been expecting this to happen all year, run up against a team that doesn't foul and commit turnovers and we still can't score. At least we've been good at scoring in 2nd halves this season lol

You got us right where you want us.  We'll get cold offensively, miss free throws, and put the zebras in position to dictate the outcome.  This game will have all of us invested right up to the bitter end.

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

Man the officiating is really bad tonight

That 30 second stretch was absurd.

Jacobsen takes 5 steps and gets away with it.  Then they give you a 3 that was shot well after an off ball foul.  How is any of that legal?

I realize we got away with a bunch, but if they let you keep that 3, that’s on par with the 3 pointer KU got to keep that occurred between our first and second FTs on a two shot foul back in ‘03.

Just now, Al_4_ISU said:

That 30 second stretch was absurd.

Jacobsen takes 5 steps and gets away with it.  Then they give you a 3 that was shot well after an off ball foul.  How is any of that legal?

I realize we got away with a bunch, but if they let you keep that 3, that’s on par with the 3 pointer KU got to keep that occurred between our first and second FTs on a two shot foul back in ‘03.

I literally can't believe that 3 counted, I'm not sure I've ever seen that before

1 minute ago, Uncle Nate said:

The worst part about this is that it puts Fucking Kansas back in the drivers seat to win the conference for like the eleventy-Two time in a row. 

I mean any team that can score over 70 will beat us. Our offense has been god awful all year. We weren't supposed to be good at all this year, I'm just enjoying the ride.

• Like 1

I burned a lot of reverse jinx cards tonight.

That was s fucking battle, and we were fortunate Tech decided to out shit us at the stripe.

Hopefully we’re both playing for something when you come back to Hilton, but probably not.  This was big for KU, unfortunately.

1 minute ago, VolenteHawk said:

My favorite part of this thread was all the reverse jinxing , arguing, bullshitting...then you realize KU just got the inside track to #15 and it brings everybody together again.  Heartwarming, really.

Great win by ISU. Tech is legit...they won’t lose many in that building.

Actually literally not one person gives a shit about you masturbating about your trophies in this thread so I don't know what your goal here is

3 minutes ago, VolenteHawk said:

My favorite part of this thread was all the reverse jinxing , arguing, bullshitting...then you realize KU just got the inside track to #15 and it brings everybody together again.  Heartwarming, really.

You guys pretending like you might not get #15 is the ultimate reverse jinx of the thread.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Uncle Nate said:

My Lord we suck on offense. 

That’s been true for two years.  For as great as the defense is, the offense so many times seems limited to standing around and watch Evans/Smith, and now Colver create their shot.

It’s maddening.  The only positive is knowing Beardhas plenty of upside in his own game, should the offense ever come around.

11 hours ago, VolenteHawk said:

I give zero shits to see KU's streak end unless and until my team is the one to pull it off.  OSU is still the last team to win the conference outright other than KU. I would take no joy in seeing Tech or ISU or god forbid OU be the one to take them down. Keep at it Bill until Mike Boyton is ready to challenge for the throne.

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

I give zero shits to see KU's streak end unless and until my team is the one to pull it off.  OSU is still the last team to win the conference outright other than KU. I would take no joy in seeing Tech or ISU or god forbid OU be the one to take them down. Keep at it Bill until Mike Boyton is ready to challenge for the throne.

I've seen this sentiment on reddit from several fans of most of the Big 12. Everyone wants their team to end the streak.