2018-19 Big 12 Basketball Thread

Horny Bull

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

I give zero shits to see KU's streak end unless and until my team is the one to pull it off.  OSU is still the last team to win the conference outright other than KU. I would take no joy in seeing Tech or ISU or god forbid OU be the one to take them down. Keep at it Bill until Mike Boyton is ready to challenge for the throne.

Pay no attention to Fantana's butthurt overreaction.  I was just making a joke about the two posters who were active on this thread the last 4 minutes of the game both arriving at a Fuck KU conclusion, because I thought it was funny.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

You guys pretending like you might not get #15 is the ultimate reverse jinx of the thread.

That's Jhawk, I've generally been pretty consistent that I think we're the favorite...even though I actually think Tech is slightly better.

Or to be more of a douche about it, we're a blue blood bitches, and we're coming for our trophy.

2 hours ago, VolenteHawk said:

That's Jhawk, I've generally been pretty consistent that I think we're the favorite...even though I actually think Tech is slightly better.

Or to be more of a douche about it, we're a blue blood bitches, and we're coming for our trophy.

I typically try to underplay KU because I do believe the league is fairly strong year in and year out.  Since 2012, there have been 3-4 years where I have genuinely thought we were going to lose it.  Then toward the end of last year, before the surly transition, everyone finally pushed me over the edge and I did a breakdown of every team for 2018-2019.  That was a pretty epic rant, however it was a rant that happened before De Sousa sitting out and Azibukie getting hurt.  The only reason we will have a chance to win the league this year is because the league actually sucks and we are getting more love than we deserve on the whole because of how good it has been the last 3-5 years.

Went back to that shit show and found it....

The fact of the matter is this conference sucks at basketball. This year, KU just happens to suck as a team almost as badly as the rest of the overrated conference so you guys get to enjoy "parity". Next year we'll breeze through the conference and win it by 2 games or more, losing only 2-3 games and we'll get to watch KSU and ISU fans boo their asses off every time they are on TV. We'll get to see a half full FEC and GIA. We'll watch WVU hack everyone but not have the horses at guard to win consistently. We'll get to see Drew have the most length and 2nd most talent on paper finish somewhere in the middle of the pack because he is a $#@! coach. Tech will go back down to earth because they are losing 3 of their best players and 5 contributors to graduation. Jamie will pop back up to the top half of the conference with TCU but he'll drop 6 games because you bottom dwellers like to beat each other up.

Let's face it... the big12 is the SEC football of basketball and its very easy to see why KU is so dominant. Every team in the league sucks. Except KU.

BTW... Rumors are that De Sousa will be cleared to play tomorrow and will be in the lineup for KU on saturday.  I don't trust anything until the NCAA or KU releases a statement but at least it sounds like we are getting close to having some closure.

4 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

BTW... Rumors are that De Sousa will be cleared to play tomorrow and will be in the lineup for KU on saturday.  I don't trust anything until the NCAA or KU releases a statement but at least it sounds like we are getting close to having some closure.

I would say this is unfuckingbelievable, but it's completely fucking believable.

Just in time for a crucial Big Monday, per of-fucking-course.

1 minute ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I would say this is unfuckingbelievable, but it's completely fucking believable.

Just in time for a crucial Big Monday, per of-fucking-course.

Self didn't say anything in his press conference today but last time he was cleared it was announced first thing in the morning on a saturday and he played that day.  No benefit to announcing before a game so if he has been cleared or is going to be cleared then might as well keep it quiet.  He would bring a much needed rebounding spark, but we have seen that we weren't playing well with 2 bigs so who knows.  If he does get cleared this has the potential to be the most up and down season with personnel and chemistry that I can remember.

1 hour ago, Jhawk said:

Self didn't say anything in his press conference today but last time he was cleared it was announced first thing in the morning on a saturday and he played that day.  No benefit to announcing before a game so if he has been cleared or is going to be cleared then might as well keep it quiet.  He would bring a much needed rebounding spark, but we have seen that we weren't playing well with 2 bigs so who knows.  If he does get cleared this has the potential to be the most up and down season with personnel and chemistry that I can remember.

You know he's going to get cleared.

You also know that it wouldn't happen for any other school in the conference.  There are maybe 4 other schools in the country that would receive this break.  

21 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

You know he's going to get cleared.

You also know that it wouldn't happen for any other school in the conference.  There are maybe 4 other schools in the country that would receive this break.  

Hahaha... All this reverse jinxing 4 days in advance!  I'm not sold on his clearance.  Rumors are good but Billy Preston was rumored all year and then left school about this time last year because the NCAA wouldn't make a ruling.  On top of that, SDS will bring a spark but he has been scout team all year so our offense probably won't be much better his first week back in the lineup.  We might not play 2 bigs more than 15 minutes based on what we've been doing the last few games (since doke went out).  Lawson needs someone to spell him and playing him and De Sousa at the same time doesn't do that.

Edited by Jhawk

9 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

Hahaha... All this reverse jinxing 4 days in advance!  I'm not sold on his clearance.  Rumors are good but Billy Preston was rumored all year and then left school about this time last year because the NCAA wouldn't make a ruling.  On top of that, SDS will bring a spark but he has been scout team all year so our offense probably won't be much better his first week back in the lineup.  We might not play 2 bigs more than 15 minutes based on what we've been doing the last few games (since doke went out).  Lawson needs someone to spell him and playing him and De Sousa at the same time doesn't do that.

This isn't even reverse jinxing.  It's just lamenting about the complete piece of shit organization that is the NCAA.

9 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

How do you embed a tweet?  I copied the tweet URL and then used the link button... 

Paste it into the same place you type words like the ones I’m typing right now.   Then wait a few counts until the url changes into a picture of the tweet.  It usually works, not always.  

• Like 1

If it's it's that clear cut, then why isn't he cleared yet?

I get it that the NCAA sucks.  i totally hate the administration of bigtime college sports, but if the attorney's statement is true, then WTF?

2 hours ago, slorch said:

If it's it's that clear cut, then why isn't he cleared yet?

I get it that the NCAA sucks.  i totally hate the administration of bigtime college sports, but if the attorney's statement is true, then WTF?

Two reasons, that are me reading between the lines and guessing vs knowing anything...

1) We don’t know when KU declared him ineligible. He was (until recently it appears) being held out as a precaution, which Self has done before.

2) The statement has a tacit admission in it that money changed hands. I don’t think KU pushes it if that’s more than the alleged $2500 for online classes, and I don’t think this statement sees the light of day without KU’s approval.

Regardless, the NCAA would have to officially rule that the games he’s missed are enough given the violation.

It's really frustrating watching us play offense this bad while Baylor just jacks up terrible shots from 8 feet beyond the arc and they just keep going in.

They did that to us too. Literally could not miss. We hit a bunch too which is the only reason we didn’t get blown out.

17 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

It's really frustrating watching us play offense this bad while Baylor just jacks up terrible shots from 8 feet beyond the arc and they just keep going in.

They've stopped falling in so maybe there's still a chance Tech pulls out the road win.

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Nah it's over

It might be. I think Scott Drew is 18-8 vs TTech since 2006 - that was the first year he wasn't playing with penalties brought by Dave Bliss. Obviously, prior performances have no impact on current games but there is a history and it favors Scott Drew.

Speaking of former Baylor coaches they showed Darrell Johnson at the game scouting for the Phoenix Suns. I'm a bit surprised they let that guy in the building, lol. 

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Unsurprisingly nobody’s talking about OSU at ISU. With 8 scholarship players now I’m surprised ESPN doesn’t sue us for being so pathetic.

I was too busy yelling into my sleeve.

We are the basketball version of what Texas was in football this year.

11 hours ago, Jhawk said:

This league  Kansas  blows. I don’t think there is a top 15 team in it Lawrence   right now. 

Poor Kansas.  Y'all's fans are the fucking worst.  The world's gonna end because you have more than one Big XII loss...