Hager constantly selling out inside cost us this game

hookem48

2 hours ago, Snacks said:

Can someone confirm that Hager and Omenihu aren't being told to crash down the line 89% of the time? It looks like they're being asked to come inside so an LB can can up the edge.

If they were being told this, then the coaches are indeed fucking morons.

1 hour ago, ousux said:
13 hours ago, Aces_Full said:
Add Brandon Jones & Locke to the list as well.  Common denominator is Orlando didn’t have the defense ready to play once again.  
Cant start off so terrible every week.  Bad coaching off a bye week.   Ellingher is a tough SOB.  
Oline struggled.  This one is on the defense though, starting with Orlando.  Straight up out-coached   

Read more  

Jones had by far his worse game this year, (yes, includes the turtles) but actually had been playing much better up till this game.

Playing better?  He was an all conference player. What occurred last night is mind boggling. 

1 hour ago, NowThis said:

Orlando is very overrated, i tried to tell everyone that his UH performance wasn't good, giving up massive points and yardage to a few teams. He adjusts very late, plays soft too much, and takes too many risks. Play a standard Greg Robinson D and improve. 

I’m starting to agree. But, we have a lot of seniors that just aren’t that good, and need to lose eligibility. 

1 hour ago, NowThis said:

Orlando is very overrated, i tried to tell everyone that his UH performance wasn't good, giving up massive points and yardage to a few teams. He adjusts very late, plays soft too much, and takes too many risks. Play a standard Greg Robinson D and improve. 

I think Orlando's group struggled last night, but am hopeful that he stays around for at least 2 more years..... 

Having 4 years with the same defensive system is critical for the Texas Football program to progress to an elite level.  

On a positive note...... hopefully the Orlando HC opportunities talk dies down for awhile.

4 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

Huck isn’t wrong in that Orlando did get pantsed. 

Huck is wrong in any suggested defense of Hager. Hager is fucking terrible and needs to graduate. 

Huck also negged me 20 times last night because I dared question him. 

I think Mr. Huckleberry takes himself a little too seriously at times.  But, he's important, and a man of his word. 

3 hours ago, NowThis said:

also the non existing holding call on Vahe (when it was the other guy) and it was a push to the ground, not a hold at all.  That negated a huge pass of 45 yds iirc. 

Can we get Robert Mueller to investigate these refs? (joke alert/No CR) 

56 minutes ago, Hamttx said:

Someone (I don’t remember who or I would credit them) pointed out that the line splits State were using were much different then anything they had used up until last nights game. And that the wider split was causing Texas some trouble defining responsibilities along the point of attack.

The same individual also noted how off balance some Texas defenders appeared to be as the play progressed allowing states guards and tackles to take advantage of this lack of balance and essentially push them out away from the point of attack. This particular fact was noted during the broadcast when the OSU tackle literally pancaked the Texas defensive tackle.

I haven’t rewatched yet, but I don’t think it was the splits. What it looked more like initially was that OSU knew our tendencies towards the play side. And was able to keep us off balance and confused as to where the ball was going. More simply they neutralized our aggressiveness. 

1 hour ago, taybo20 said:

I haven’t rewatched yet, but I don’t think it was the splits. What it looked more like initially was that OSU knew our tendencies towards the play side. And was able to keep us off balance and confused as to where the ball was going. More simply they neutralized our aggressiveness. 

More simply just outcoached

I think Mr. Huckleberry takes himself a little too seriously at times.  But, he's important, and a man of his word. 

He’s a good doctor, and thorough.

I don’t dislike Hager’s fuck you attitude. In fact, I love it. What I dislike is the fact that once he’s made his way into the kill box, he either closes his eyes, or gets all Jojo the Indian circus boy, with his pretty new pet.

If he would just wrap up, I wouldn’t refer to him as Scott Derry with viking hair.

All that said, the game last night isn’t on him. It’s on our receivers, our punt returner, our offensive clock management, and I hate to say this because it sounds like an excuse, but the refs really shit the bed.

3 minutes ago, ruitxn said:

I am agreeing with you

I agree with you too. Gundy clearly wanted some payback for last year when we really stifled the OSU offense with our 3-2-6 Lightning package. Obviously with Boyce starting, it played into his hands even further. 

12 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

I agree with you too. Gundy clearly wanted some payback for last year when we really stifled the OSU offense with our 3-2-6 Lightning package. Obviously with Boyce starting, it played into his hands even further. 

Who shut down Okie Lite's stud WR James Washington in 2017 game??

7 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Who shut down Okie Lite's stud WR James Washington in 2017 game??

Well we had quite a few pieces that are different. Holton Hill, Deshon Elliot, Jason Hall and John Bonney. Additionally we had Poona Ford on the DL and we had Malik and Gary Johnson playing together at LB. 

Edited by taybo20

We were definitely slanting our DL and it was the LBs or nickel backs job on the overhang. Wheeler was really the one blowing it on the zone read, not the DL. On the first ZR TD wheeler took 3 steps the wrong way before realizing the qb was lumbering past him.

Other than television, I pretty much been off the grid all weekend. I've searched dozens of pages here but cannot find out why and what the hell happened with Hagar when he was trying to blast through the victory formation last night. Seem like the guy that lost his mind. I'd appreciate a CliffsNotes version if anybody's got the time and inclination.

Thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, Homesickhorn said:

He’s a good doctor, and thorough.

I don’t dislike Hager’s fuck you attitude. In fact, I love it. What I dislike is the fact that once he’s made his way into the kill box, he either closes his eyes, or gets all Jojo the Indian circus boy, with his pretty new pet.

If he would just wrap up, I wouldn’t refer to him as Scott Derry with viking hair.

All that said, the game last night isn’t on him. It’s on our receivers, our punt returner, our offensive clock management, and I hate to say this because it sounds like an excuse, but the refs really shit the bed.

I don’t see how you can have that litany of reasons and not include Hager. He was very much a large reason why we lost. 

Other than television, I pretty much been off the grid all weekend. I've searched dozens of pages here but cannot find out why and what the hell happened with Hagar when he was trying to blast through the victory formation last night. Seem like the guy that lost his mind. I'd appreciate a CliffsNotes version if anybody's got the time and inclination.
Thanks in advance.

He and the guy he ran into were evidently mouthing at each other before the snap. On the replay, you could see Hager talking and pointing where he was going and scooting 19 over. Then he went stupid and Gundy and Herman went full fucking retard.