Hager constantly selling out inside cost us this game

hookem48

The suspensions had nothing to do with it. The drops by the wideouts had nothing to do with it. Kris Boyd dropping a guaranteed INT had nothing to do with. Refs jobbing us had nothing to do with it. Stupid returning by both Jamison and especially Brandon Jones had nothing to do with it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

Omenihu was guilty of this as well. I don't think it's a player issue. We didn't scheme well enough against the zone read tonight. Okie Lite easily brough a guard over to block out Locke/Foster every time, and the QB could rip off big runs.

We decided it wasn't real important to set an edge. I don't know what the fuck we were thinking was the way to defend these guys, but whatever we did was not the correct way. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Omenihu was guilty of this as well. I don't think it's a player issue. We didn't scheme well enough against the zone read tonight. Okie Lite easily brough a guard over to block out Locke/Foster every time, and the QB could rip off big runs.

It’s a player issue. Hager and Omenihu are not good. The disparity between hype and productivity with Hager is as big as I’ve ever seen. We will be better off when Hager graduates. And we will be much better off. 

He is someone who wants so badly to be an interesting guy, but he’s merely a meathead that’s a subpar D1 player. Good fucking riddance, fellow Chap. 

Edited by Guest

Add Brandon Jones & Locke to the list as well.  Common denominator is Orlando didn’t have the defense ready to play once again.  

Cant start off so terrible every week.  Bad coaching off a bye week.   Ellingher is a tough SOB.  

Oline struggled.  This one is on the defense though, starting with Orlando.  Straight up out-coached   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rex Kramer said:

It’s a player issue. Hager and Omenihu are not good. The disparity between hype and productivity with Hager is as big as I’ve ever seen. We will be better off when Hager graduates. And we will be much better off. 

He is someone who wants so badly to be an interesting guy, but he’s merely a meathead that’s a subpar D1 player. Good fucking riddance, fellow Chap. 

I mean, we weren't setting an edge. Hager and Omenihu were clearly of the impression that they weren't the ones setting the edge, so they dove inwards every time while Locke/Foster were getting their asses handed to them by a 300+-lb guard outside. Something was screwy there, I'm just not sure what it was.

9 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

He is the most undisciplined player I've ever seen

5 minutes ago, cochamps said:

Charles sold out on occasion to.  Think part of that may be a scheme issue.

noticed that I’m not the only one who thinks this.

6 minutes ago, satyanash said:

It's almost like Orlando got pantsed tonight. He failed to adjust for basically an entire half. 3-man DL slanting on every snap and DBs playing 8-10 yards off and backpedaling at the snap.

Blaming Hager for doing what the call asked him to do is absurd.

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

The suspensions had nothing to do with it. The drops by the wideouts had nothing to do with it. Kris Boyd dropping a guaranteed INT had nothing to do with. Refs jobbing us had nothing to do with it. Stupid returning by both Jamison and especially Brandon Jones had nothing to do with it. 

Suspensions had nothing to do with it (generally) because Boyd and Davis are as overrated as Hager. Wideouts dropping passes all fucking night long and Boyd’s dropped INT had a LOT to do with it. Refs and Jones had a lot to do with it. But Hager?  He was awful all game, and has been bad his whole career. “Our fans are toxic when we win and when we lose”. Go fuck yourself Hager. You’re bad. It’s just more pronounced in a loss. Fuck yourself. 

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

It's almost like Orlando got pantsed tonight. He failed to adjust for basically an entire half. 3-man DL slanting on every snap and DBs playing 8-10 yards off and backpedaling at the snap.

Blaming Hager for doing what the call asked him to do is absurd.

Orlando got pantsed. Hager sucks Mandingo dick. They are not mutually exclusive. Fuck off to your adjusted stats. 

6 minutes ago, Atticus said:

I dunno what Hager does so well to earn all that PT. He isn't even worth the occasional disruption he creates

His daddy is the leading tackler in school history? Maybe they thought his dad and brother's skill would kinda trickle through like osmosis, they're wrong. 

It just seems like Hager has no awareness of where he is at on the field and who is around him. He just throws himself around. 

Yup. Twice he missed tackles, wasn’t even aware that he missed the tackles while his teammates were making up for his mistakes and had started celebrating.

The girls on campus must like the hair. Because how else could he be oblivious.

3 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Orlando got pantsed. Hager sucks Mandingo dick. They are not mutually exclusive. Fuck off to your adjusted stats. 

When both defensive ends are constantly doing the same thing there are only two options. Either they are supposed to do it and therefore any issues should be blamed on the coaches or they are not doing what they're supposed to do all game long but the coaches don't ever take them out of the game, which should be blamed on the coaches.

You should cry like a little bitch after a loss more.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Aces_Full said:

WTF was Brandon Jones thinking on the punt return down 3 in the 4th?   The amount of mental mistakes were incredible.  Like the TD ON 3rd & goal from the 12.   #coaching. 

That play fucked the game away, we had momentum. 

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

When both defensive ends are constantly doing the same thing there are only two options. Either they are supposed to do it and therefore any issues should be blamed on the coaches or they are not doing what they're supposed to do all game long but the coaches don't ever take them out of the game, which should be blamed on the coaches.

You should cry like a little bitch after a loss more.

You should try harder to appear more reasonable on a message board. You are the only person I’ve ever seen try to defend Hager, the MOST un-instinctual player ever.  Coming on here, after that shitshow, to point out how “absurd” it is that people are critical of him is fucking ridiculous. But hey, Surly Contrarian, congrats for being you. 

3 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

You should try harder to appear more reasonable on a message board. You are the only person I’ve ever seen try to defend Hager, the MOST un-instinctual player ever.  Coming on here, after that shitshow, to point out how “absurd” it is that people are critical of him is fucking ridiculous. But hey, Surly Contrarian, congrats for being you. 

I'm not trying to be reasonable, I'm just pointing out that you're a fucking idiot. I guess that's technically reasonable but only because anybody who knows what they're watching can reason their way to that conclusion. But it's not about some sort of effort to seem level-headed. It's just pointing out the obvious.

27 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I have never seen a defensive lineman almost make the big play as much as he does.

But about a thousand things cost us this game. This team still has growing up to do.

That’s really the bottom line. Even in the best wins, watching this team has been like pulling teeth. It’s a fucking arduous project, and nights like these are going to happen even with the best startup teams that any of us have ever seen. I’m not going to pretend that i predicted this loss, or any, but that #6 ranking should never have caused anyone to lose sight of the reality of where this team is. 

Edited by hpslugga

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I'm not trying to be reasonable, I'm just pointing out that you're a fucking idiot. I guess that's technically reasonable but only because anybody who knows what they're watching can reason their way to that conclusion. But it's not about some sort of effort to seem level-headed. It's just pointing out the obvious.

You know, we can disagree - you don’t think Hager is an idiot and I do - whatever. But for such an established poster to go on a neg campaign for such a message board slight?  

You and I have a very good common friend. You don’t know me. You’re a fucking loser. 

1 minute ago, Rex Kramer said:

You know, we can disagree - you don’t think Hager is an idiot and I do - whatever. But for such an established poster to go on a neg campaign for such a message board slight?  

You and I have a very good common friend. You don’t know me. You’re a fucking loser. 

Tailgate fight till death???!!!   Yes!  Battle dome we will need to come for some thing now