worlds best chimichurri?

chesthair

2 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

I just do a basic one with flat leaf parsley, garlic, red pepper flakes, red wine vinegar and olive oil. I should look up some recipes and branch out. But the basic is pretty damn good over a grilled skirt or flank steak over some fresh spinach.

Mine is similar.  In addition to your ingredients, I add oregano and a salmurea. 

The world's best is in Argentina, but your probably looking for something closer. We have a spice store called Savory Spice in our area. They're a small chain around the us. I know there is one in Austin. You can also order online as well. I really like their's. It comes dry and i add vinegar and water to reconstitute it, or just put it straight on steaks with some olive oil. 

Ingredients

1/4 cup distilled white vinegar

2 jalapenos, roughly chopped

4 cloves garlic

4 bay leaves

1/2 cup freshly chopped Italian parsley

1/2 cup freshly chopped cilantro

1/2 cup freshly chopped oregano

1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil

Salt and pepper

1 (1 1/2 to 2-pound) flank steak

Directions

1. Preheat a grill or broiler to high.
  2. In a blender, combine vinegar, jalapeno, garlic, and bay leaves puree until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and add the herbs. Whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
  3. Season the flank steak with olive oil, salt, and pepper and grill/broil the steak for 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium rare. Slice the steak thinly, across the grain on the bias and serve with the chimichurri sauce.

That’s the one I use

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Fat Bastard said:

Ingredients

4 cloves garlic

4 bay leaves

Salt and pepper

Directions

2. In a blender, combine vinegar, jalapeno, garlic, and bay leaves puree until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and add the herbs. Whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
  3. Season the flank steak with olive oil, salt, and pepper and grill/broil the steak for 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium rare. Slice the steak thinly, across the grain on the bias and serve with the chimichurri sauce.

That’s the one I use

This one sounds pretty damn bad ass too!

• 1 month later...
On 11/8/2018 at 2:17 PM, chesthair said:

Had some not too long ago that was awesome but havent been able to replicate at home.  I prefer the cilantro version...whats your go to recipe? 

On 11/8/2018 at 4:19 PM, Fat Bastard said:

Ingredients

4 cloves garlic

4 bay leaves

Salt and pepper

Directions

That’s the one I use

I've never tried a "Cilantro" version at the Argentine restaurants in LA (Gaucho Grill & Lala's*) or in 7 1/2 years in Argentina.

In LA restaurants, it was a GREEN version, but basically PARSLEY, Olive Oil, Garlic, Salt and possibly a White Vinegar.

In Argentina it was a Muddied REDDISH/BROWN version with about 10 herbs that seemed to be "Every Dried Herb You Have In The Cupboard + Vinegar and then Oil". (Most likely vegetable oil, because it's much cheaper.)

*"Lalas" can be slang for "tits" in Argentine Spanish, but in LA it is singular with the possessive apostrophe.

Edited by Napoleon