Just double checked -- we fucking won

MaybeACoordinator

16 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

We have accepted and are now content that 40 year olds named Cornelius and 3rd string walk on recievers can trot against this defense. Throw for 1000 yards 8 tds and rush for an additional 4 and be content with it. After all. Who needs defense. I applaud those who continue to be pissed that this team can’t close out anyone and routinely gives up 3 tds in the 4th qtr every game when the back ups should be seeing reps.   But we are winning 

Short of firing Orlando right now, there's not much more we can do. And Herman isn't firing him. The defense is what it is which is terrible. They've been terrible for most of the year. USC wasn't very good offensively. TCU showed themselves to be a trainwreck. The first 3 quarters against OU were about the only time this defense looked strong or dominating. Then they regressed to the mean in the 4th. They can't hold a lead so it's good that our offense can go at and score when needed at the end. I'd much prefer Herman stop deferring the kickoff and take the ball to try to score first. 

And yeah, I guess I'm content with that because for over 4 years, this Texas team has lost those close games because we couldn't drive down and score. But we can now and we lost this exact same game last year against Tech. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Short of firing Orlando right now, there's not much more we can do. And Herman isn't firing him. The defense is what it is which is terrible. They've been terrible for most of the year. USC wasn't very good offensively. TCU showed themselves to be a trainwreck. The first 3 quarters against OU were about the only time this defense looked strong or dominating. Then they regressed to the mean in the 4th. They can't hold a lead so it's good that our offense can go at and score when needed at the end. I'd much prefer Herman stop deferring the kickoff and take the ball to try to score first. 

And yeah, I guess I'm content with that because for over 4 years, this Texas team has lost those close games because we couldn't drive down and score. But we can now and we lost this exact same game last year against Tech. 

Defense looked mostly good against Baylor (who has a solid offense when Brewer is healthy), but I can't argue against the assessment otherwise.

Herman needs to hold Orlando accountable, but the last thing our team needs is yet another coaching change. I'm not denying the game-planning and schematic deficiencies right now, but talent depletion is a very real aspect of our steep decline.

Also, it would help if Herman didn't put together a coaching staff with a steep imbalance of offensive backgrounds (7, including himself) to defensive (4).

11 minutes ago, mdmost said:

We are certainly getting plenty of close game practice. We should be getting better at it.  We did lose 3 close ones this year though. Just 2 games ago, we fucked up on a punt return and the following series and that cost us a close one.

And it goes without saying that our last drive defense is atrocious. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

As my dad has always said, nothin' good ever happens on the Caprock. Tonight something good did happen. We won. To read this board you'd think Coach Bro crushed us 70-2 while infecting the Texas skies with a cloud of Axe Body Spray. 
Look here motherfucker, we didn't quick kick not even once and you want me to be happy about the game?

Well

FFFUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKK

YYYOOOOOOUUUUUUUUU!!!

0e25ba8cbb27a3afd28b9ce682bd3a99.jpg
  • Haha 1

Agreed.  A huge chunk of this board has gone full retard.
We apparently would have won by 30 points if we had competent officiating and Lowell Galindo calling the game.  
No you stupid bastard we would have won by 40 if we had just quick kicked two or three times.
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

We are certainly getting plenty of close game practice. We should be getting better at it.  We did lose 3 close ones this year though. Just 2 games ago, we fucked up on a punt return and the following series and that cost us a close one.

And it goes without saying that our last drive defense is atrocious. 

Not to mention our first drive defense.

2 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Clemson, Domer, Georgia, Michigan and Ohio State would all be 2-score losses minimum.  0u is not legit, and would also get throttled if they make the 4.

2 hours ago, Fico said:

There is not a god damn thing that scares me about any team from the big ten. That conference is complete trash.

Bama and Clemson are in their own group. Everyone else is beatable/interchangeable.... and with that said Bama hasn’t played a team capable of offense this year.

Agreed I think we hang with ND, mearchicken, and buckeye. 

2 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Sam-11-wins.jpg

Sticking by this. 

In. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Also, forgive me if this was posted already in the game thread, but did anyone else notice that one of the Texas Tech goalposts was clearly crooked? Our middle schools have straight goalposts but Texas Tech can't figure this out? 

Lubbock is a shithole wasteland. Their stadium is no different 

• Haha 1

Man, and just think it was only about a year ago that Herman needed to get lost if he couldn’t man up and fire Beck and we were wanting back up an armored truck to Orlando’s house. One thing go up. One thing go down. The only constant is bitching and offering peanut gallery fixes to the problem of the day.

4 hours ago, mdmost said:

Imagine how LSU feels with their quality win against Miami and Florida (who got gangbanged against Missouri.)

2 hours ago, Tx_2_Sc85 said:

So, watching the replay now. Did we seriously win the toss and defer again?

That shit is infuriating, but I see their point. They believe if they can get a stop, we can score. And we can can score on anti, even with a train wreck of a defense. If we go into half with a lead, we can add to that. So in their minds it makes sense. To fans we're flabbergasted because we want to score first. It's stupid and needs to stop. But MENSA gonna MENSA

4 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Also, forgive me if this was posted already in the game thread, but did anyone else notice that one of the Texas Tech goalposts was clearly crooked? Our middle schools have straight goalposts but Texas Tech can't figure this out? 

I blame the frequent sandstorms, they can be real earth-shakers, ya know..? At least UT got a bit of retribution in the win/ payback with a twist...