Just double checked -- we fucking won

MaybeACoordinator

9 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Is it? We would've killed for 7-3 at this point the past few years. We're headed in the right direction, whether or not it's happening quickly enough for some folks.

Sorry, wasn’t trying to piss on the team, or the win.

Just a fan, who knows Texas could, maybe should be 10-0........but instead, 7-3.

Feels like, over the course of the recent past, the fandom has just become satisfied with a fairly mediocre record......I guess as opposed to a .500 or below.

I get it, and again apologize for being a pessimistic-type fan.

• Like 2

Just now, former alkie said:

Just a fan, who knows Texas could, maybe should be 10-0........but instead, 7-3.

Feels like, over the course of the recent past, the fandom has just become satisfied with a fairly mediocre record......I guess as opposed to a .500 or below.

It's all good, man. I feel you. We're all dealing with the decade of shitty football. Good news is it looks to be getting better.

Didn't get a chance to watch the 2nd half. Stopped checking the box score after it was 24-10, figured the score would end up about 38-17 or something. Really shocked when I checked after it was over, sounds like I missed a great damn finish. Not bitching, a win is a win and that's what matters. 

Duffy ending up with 444 yards passing was most shocking. I saw him play in a game earlier this year and he was nothing short of terrible throwing the ball. He even looked bad in the first half. What the fuck happened? Defensive fuckery or has he just found his groove as a passer now that he has more experience? Honest question. 

11 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Didn't get a chance to watch the 2nd half. Stopped checking the box score after it was 24-10, figured the score would end up about 38-17 or something. Really shocked when I checked after it was over, sounds like I missed a great damn finish. Not bitching, a win is a win and that's what matters. 

Duffy ending up with 444 yards passing was most shocking. I saw him play in a game earlier this year and he was nothing short of terrible throwing the ball. He even looked bad in the first half. What the fuck happened? Defensive fuckery or has he just found his groove as a passer now that he has more experience? Honest question. 

We chose to play soft coverage and allow catches underneath all night long. We don’t tackle very well and they gained a lot of yards on underneath completions. And a lot of inexperienced guys were playing for us most of the 4th Q. 

This season is fine. We're on our way to a 9-3 season, taking care of business against a weak year in the conference. And it will be even weaker next year...2019-2020 will be our time. Defense isn't great but they get turnovers and with the offense, we can put up the points needed to win in the Big 12, which wasn't the case in the Charlie Strong Era

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

As my dad has always said, nothin' good ever happens on the Caprock. Tonight something good did happen. We won. To read this board you'd think Coach Bro crushed us 70-2 while infecting the Texas skies with a cloud of Axe Body Spray. 

That is because 70% of this board is strongly vaginal.

• Haha 1

As my dad has always said, nothin' good ever happens on the Caprock. Tonight something good did happen. We won. To read this board you'd think Coach Bro crushed us 70-2 while infecting the Texas skies with a cloud of Axe Body Spray. 
Who cares what they think. That was a win at night vs tortilla and D battery chuckers. Those assholes rolled my 70 year old father up on the hood of a Tahoe 5 years ago and drove off. Fuck tech.
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, former alkie said:

Most of our games are close. We could be 10-0. Could be 3-7 also.  I feel like we are just about right at 7-3 or 8-2.  I don't think we could hang with many real top 10 teams that aren't named OU. This year is showing positive growth, but the defense is a huge concern. 

37 minutes ago, Helobious said:

limited pressure with 3 man line.  soft coverage with a bunch of backups.  let him run around too much.  AND we kept jumping off sides giving him free throws deep. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

7-3 with a win against ousux and a chance to end the year with 10 wins sounds real good.

We've got a chance to win 11, no?

1) We beat ISU & Kansas. +2 = 9-3
2) West Virginia beats OU in Deliverancetown, so WVU, OU, & UT are all 7-2 in the Big 12, but OU will have losses to WVU & UT, so OU finishes 3rd.
3) We get our revenge by beating the Hillbillies in Dallas. +1 = 10-3
4) We win our bowl game. +1 = 11-3

Am I getting that tie-breaker for the CCG correct?

• Like 2

At the end of the day, the team is winning games.

7-3, with a win over OU, and developing a great QB. 

In the transition from 5-7 to 7-5, with a bowl game win, 7-3 is real progress.

There is still a mental edge this team is missing, along with more talented depth, and that likely is the final transition for the team to be a national contender.

Hard to say if this staff can get them there but they are making progress this year.

Edited by pacman

noting the obvious defensive collapse isn't something to be mocked.  Seek perfection in process, don't ignore the negative. 

We want Texas to be an elite program in the stratosphere of Bama and Clemson. So we MUST talk about the negative. 

Edited by NowThis
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

We've got a chance to win 11, no?

1) We beat ISU & Kansas. +2 = 9-3
2) West Virginia beats OU in Deliverancetown, so WVU, OU, & UT are all 7-2 in the Big 12, but OU will have losses to WVU & UT, so OU finishes 3rd.
3) We get our revenge by beating the Hillbillies in Dallas. +1 = 10-3
4) We win our bowl game. +1 = 11-3

Am I getting that tie-breaker for the CCG correct?

The tiebreaker is 1) If OU won head to head, OU goes, 2) If OU lost head to head, but has higher ranking, OU goes, 3) If OU lost head to head, and has lower ranking, a 3 judge panel appointed by Bob Stoops decides who goes. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

The tiebreaker is 1) If OU won head to head, OU goes, 2) If OU lost head to head, but has higher ranking, OU goes, 3) If OU lost head to head, and has lower ranking, a 3 judge panel appointed by Bob Stoops decides who goes. 

FUCK YOU with that 2008 shit.

but i know what ya mean

• Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, pacman said:

Hard to say if this staff can get them there but they are making progress this year.

This is where I'm at. I don't know if Herman will become a championship-caliber coach (he's certainly not one right now), but the way he's doing things, whenever he reaches his ceiling as a coach here the program will be notably better than when he found it.

Edited by Machinator

34 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Most of our games are close. We could be 10-0. Could be 3-7 also.  I feel like we are just about right at 7-3 or 8-2.  I don't think we could hang with many real top 10 teams that aren't named OU. This year is showing positive growth, but the defense is a huge concern. 

The only legit top ten team not named OU this year is Bama. We could hang with any of the rest. 

Edited by Tex Pete

48 minutes ago, Machinator said:

This is where I'm at. I don't know if Herman will become a championship-caliber coach (he's certainly not one right now), but the way he's doing things, whenever he reaches his ceiling as a coach here the program will be notably better than when he found it.

i dont know if he's gonna win a championship, but he's definitely the type of coach where 8-4 is the absolute worst case scenario and 10-2 is probably the norm.

7 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

The only legit top ten team not named OU this year is Bama. We could hang with any of the rest. 

I don't know if I'm reading this right. Are you saying OU and Bama are the two best teams in the country? OU's given up damn near 100 points the last two weeks

8 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Some of our fans have been commended as being strongly vaginal which bothers some men. The word itself makes some men uncomfortable. Vagina. Yes, they don't like hearing it and find it difficult to say, whereas without batting an eye a man will refer to his dick or his rod or his Johnson.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NowThis said:

noting the obvious defensive collapse isn't something to be mocked.  Seek perfection in process, don't ignore the negative. 

We want Texas to be an elite program in the stratosphere of Bama and Clemson. So we MUST talk about the negative. 

Sure, but beating Tech when we were down to rolling out Donovan Duvernay in the nickel at the end of the game is pretty nice.

1 hour ago, zzz said:

Some of our fans have been commended as being strongly vaginal which bothers some men. The word itself makes some men uncomfortable. Vagina. Yes, they don't like hearing it and find it difficult to say, whereas without batting an eye a man will refer to his dick or his rod or his Johnson.

Here's Help for that discomfort......

giphy.gif

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

All due respect, but some of my favorite life-experiences have involved people who were extremely strong, vaginally speaking.Well, that plus the fact that Strongly Vaginal is a damned good band name.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zzz said:

No.  Surlyites are pro-vagina.  Vaginal topics are good.  Now, sandy, and/or dry, vaginal topics are bad.  Wet, juicy, tasty, vagina.  Good.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

All due respect, but some of my favorite life-experiences have involved people who were extremely strong, vaginally speaking.Well, that plus the fact that Strongly Vaginal is a damned good band name.

Strong Vaginal Control is a skill and a gift.  Upright cowgirl, sitting on a couch, with a firm "grip" and the trained ability to rock the hips rapidly while keeping the upper torso stationary.  Strong, to extremely strong.

• Like 1

There is not a god damn thing that scares me about any team from the big ten. That conference is complete trash.

Bama and Clemson are in their own group. Everyone else is beatable/interchangeable.... and with that said Bama hasn’t played a team capable of offense this year.

We have accepted and are now content that 40 year olds named Cornelius and 3rd string walk on recievers can trot against this defense. Throw for 1000 yards 8 tds and rush for an additional 4 and be content with it. After all. Who needs defense. I applaud those who continue to be pissed that this team can’t close out anyone and routinely gives up 3 tds in the 4th qtr every game when the back ups should be seeing reps.   But we are winning 

• Like 1