UCF

FondrenRoad

1 minute ago, Mileslong said:

So UCF would beat both Michigan and ND by say 40?

Who said that?  I said UCF would beat ND and be favored if they played.  I didn't mention a score.  Michigan would also handle ND pretty easily if they played again right now.  ND is going to get beat in the semifinal by a large margin, most likely by Bama or Clemson.  So would UCF, albeit not quite as large.  Nobody is winning this thing except Bama.

9 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

So UCF would beat everyone but Bama?

They would beat ND, and be competitive against every other team not named Bama.  So yes they could beat any team that isn't Bama. Would they absolutely do it? Who knows because they won't get the chance.  It would certainly be a more compelling story than watching ND get its shit pushed in by Clemson. This is the worst top 10 in a decade at least.  Look at the teams in it and look at their resumes.  The only thing you're doing here is showing me that you're an ND fan. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

5 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

No what I’m doing here is showing you to be clinically insane...

I get it.  You like things rigged in your favor.  Most ND fans do.  You think Oregon couldn't have done better than 42-14 in 2012?  ND sucked then.  They're actually better now, but still mediocre.  No business in the playoff.

What's insane is thinking that UCF couldn't hang with ND just because ND is more famous.  Nevermind that ND could barely handle Pitt.

Edited by FondrenRoad

UCF wouldn't even be in the Top 10, much less the Top 20 if they played ND's schedule.

Sure UCF could potentially beat anyone on any given day. You know who else could beat anyone on any given day? My Texas Longhorns. Why are we not in the conversation for a playoff spot? UCF has played maybe one team as good as Maryland, and I am not sure early season Pitt walks away with a win against them, certainly no one of OSU or WVU quality. They haven't beaten anyone as good as OU or ISU, hell they haven't beaten anyone as good as Tech. I don't understand why they should get the chance but we shouldn't, especially if the metric is that they could possibly compete against the Top 4.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, rickyspub said:

UCF wouldn't even be in the Top 10, much less the Top 20 if they played ND's schedule.

Sure UCF could potentially beat anyone on any given day. You know who else could beat anyone on any given day? My Texas Longhorns. Why are we not in the conversation for a playoff spot? UCF has played maybe one team as good as Maryland, and I am not sure early season Pitt walks away with a win against them, certainly no one of OSU or WVU quality. They haven't beaten anyone as good as OU or ISU, hell they haven't beaten anyone as good as Tech. I don't understand why they should get the chance but we shouldn't, especially if the metric is that they could possibly compete against the Top 4.

Our boy Joel sums it up pretty well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rickyspub said:

Regarding your 2nd paragraph, thats the point. This year, 2 through 30 are interchangable and any of them could beat one another on a given day. 

The fact that we have been sniffing around the top 10, and deserving it, tells you all you need to know about this season. 2008 UT, OU, and Tech would throttle this team. And thats 3 of 10 teams that year who would destroy any team with a claim to number "2" this year.  So if an undefeated midmajor ever deserves a shot, this is the year for it. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

11 hours ago, Mileslong said:

Jesus Christ, there has never been one game in history that holds so much weight for a select group of nincompoopes as that game.

against a team who didn’t care about a that game who had been humiliated in the game before. I can’t wait for UCF to play someone good and get beat so all this crap and conspiracy theorists can go away

So let’s expand the playoff and let these unbeatens potentially get their butts kicked on the field instead of the selection room.

12 minutes ago, S11 said:

So let’s expand the playoff and let these unbeatens potentially get their butts kicked on the field instead of the selection room.

Agreed but until then, let's make sure they don't ruin the season for teams that actually played good competition

• Like 1

I personally believe UCF on a given night can absolutely beat a highly ranked team because that is true of some teams in the Top 20 as it is -- but I think it is equally true that it would be very hard for UCF to run say an SEC gauntlet and lose zero or 1 game either.

First of all, nothing about an SEC schedule is a gauntlet. Secondly, if they played an SEC schedule, they could lose two games and still be in the top 10.

4 minutes ago, Loco said:

Agreed but until then, let's make sure they don't ruin the season for teams that actually played good competition

If they are up against a bunch of two loss teams I’d argue for them to get a shot even in the current setup.

People keep saying this and it doesn’t make it true....

Every team in in the SEC this year is absolute dog shit other than Bama and Georgia, absolute trash.

Who the fuck is even in the ACC other than Clemson? They are playing Pitt for the conference and UCF smashes Pitt.

The Big 10, Michigan and tOSU, and the rest of the conference is trash.

The PAC12, lol....

The Big12, UCF could play with OU/TEX/WVU.... the rest of the conference is trash.

If they are such a pushover then it shouldn’t be an issue for any team to play them in the playoffs.

As has been stated several times the playoffs need to expand, and it will happen.

3 minutes ago, S11 said:

And if they are up against teams that failed twice (potentially by big margins) they’d at minimum warrant heavy consideration if unbeaten.

No, no they don't...  UCF squeaked through several games on that laughable schedule  Missouri?  Hello? 

The Horns would destroy UCF

33 minutes ago, Loco said:

No, no they don't...  UCF squeaked through several games on that laughable schedule  Missouri?  Hello? 

The Horns would destroy UCF

If I had to bet money on a game I might agree.  But that’s not the question here.  It’s who earned a shot or lost enough to forfeit a shot. 

They beat everyone on their schedule and if you drop 2+ I’d prefer an unbeaten get a shot.

UCF is 7th in the country in SRS which factors margin of victory into your SOS. In other words they are for the most part dominating their lower level of competition. There are only two teams in college football with a higher margin of victory than UCF, Alabama and Clemson.

I will say I find it amusing that Notre Dame still gets a ton of credit for beating what is a now a 4-6 VT and a 6-4 Stanford. They beat a 5-6 Florida State. Struggled mightily with Ball State, Vanderbilt, and Pitt beating all 3 of them by a combined 18 points. Sorry, they do have that ONE win against Michigan and beat Syracuse's backup QB.

The double standards on these arguments is rich.

Michigan beat SMU 45-20, UCF beat SMU 48-20

ND beat Pitt 19-14, UCF beat Pitt 45-14

Who is UCF losing to in the ACC outside of Clemson on paper? They beat the ACC Coastal division champ by 31 points. This stuff about how even 2 loss teams in P5 conferences are better than UCF who has now won 23 games in a row, is stupid.

Why should a school like Oklahoma keep getting chances? if Oklahoma wanted to play in the CFP then maybe they shouldn't have gone down 21 points to us before losing. Why should Michigan just get a pass for losing to what is now ND's backup Running Bac...I mean QB? Let UCF settle it on the field, if they get blown out, there is your answer. If they hang or even win, now we know they can play. Keeping them from having the opportunity is pretty chicken shit given the fact that they are knocking on the door of back to back undefeated seasons. They aren't a one hit wonder.

Michigan and that 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense stand as much of a chance against Alabama as UCF.

• Like 1

I get it.  You like things rigged in your favor.  Most ND fans do.  You think Oregon couldn't have done better than 42-14 in 2012?  ND sucked then.  They're actually better now, but still mediocre.  No business in the playoff.
What's insane is thinking that UCF couldn't hang with ND just because ND is more famous.  Nevermind that ND could barely handle Pitt.

Ok I’m not a ND fan at all. I simply think a school like UCF who has a cakewalk schedule every year deserves to be in any final four to the championship.

If there were 8 teams I would listen to the argument but they have no business in the final four when you play no one.

When you use examples like the one game against auburn or some other school barely beat some other team it makes your argument look silly.

I can do the same thing for UCF. They squeaked by Memphis, couldn’t put away Navy. Do think any of the top four would have any trouble at all with either of these two teams?

4 hours ago, Texas25 said:

UCF is 7th in the country in SRS which factors margin of victory into your SOS. In other words they are for the most part dominating their lower level of competition. There are only two teams in college football with a higher margin of victory than UCF, Alabama and Clemson.

I will say I find it amusing that Notre Dame still gets a ton of credit for beating what is a now a 4-6 VT and a 6-4 Stanford. They beat a 5-6 Florida State. Struggled mightily with Ball State, Vanderbilt, and Pitt beating all 3 of them by a combined 18 points. Sorry, they do have that ONE win against Michigan and beat Syracuse's backup QB.

The double standards on these arguments is rich.

Michigan beat SMU 45-20, UCF beat SMU 48-20

ND beat Pitt 19-14, UCF beat Pitt 45-14

Who is UCF losing to in the ACC outside of Clemson on paper? They beat the ACC Coastal division champ by 31 points. This stuff about how even 2 loss teams in P5 conferences are better than UCF who has now won 23 games in a row, is stupid.

Why should a school like Oklahoma keep getting chances? if Oklahoma wanted to play in the CFP then maybe they shouldn't have gone down 21 points to us before losing. Why should Michigan just get a pass for losing to what is now ND's backup Running Bac...I mean QB? Let UCF settle it on the field, if they get blown out, there is your answer. If they hang or even win, now we know they can play. Keeping them from having the opportunity is pretty chicken shit given the fact that they are knocking on the door of back to back undefeated seasons. They aren't a one hit wonder.

Michigan and that 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense stand as much of a chance against Alabama as UCF.

On paper, they have named themselves 2014 National Champs. What more do you fucking want?!? On your toilet paper they don't lose to anyone in the ACC outside of Clemson. Whoop-tee-doo! On my paper they lose at least 2 and likely more if they played Clemson's schedule. I am not sure they even beat aggy. So they can beat shitty teams with shitty players and shitty coaching, that describes a lot of teams, except a lot of teams don't get to play 10 shitty teams like UCF. They have to actually play teams that have long-tenured multimillion dollar coaches and invest in multimillion dollar facilities. OU and Michigan get "passes" because they play schedules that are better than Clemson and Bama's and win all but one. UCF plays the 114th schedule out of 120 teams. This might be the year that Michigan makes a run and wins it all from the 4th slot just like Ohio State did in 2014. (We all know OU is going to lose one of their next two and not make the playoffs.) Maybe UCF competes, but other than some metric a computer nerd pulled out of his ass, why do they get to trump Michigan or even Ohio State should either win the Big 10?

1 hour ago, rickyspub said:

On paper, they have named themselves 2014 National Champs. What more do you fucking want?!? On your toilet paper they don't lose to anyone in the ACC outside of Clemson. Whoop-tee-doo! On my paper they lose at least 2 and likely more if they played Clemson's schedule. I am not sure they even beat aggy. So they can beat shitty teams with shitty players and shitty coaching, that describes a lot of teams, except a lot of teams don't get to play 10 shitty teams like UCF. They have to actually play teams that have long-tenured multimillion dollar coaches and invest in multimillion dollar facilities. OU and Michigan get "passes" because they play schedules that are better than Clemson and Bama's and win all but one. UCF plays the 114th schedule out of 120 teams. This might be the year that Michigan makes a run and wins it all from the 4th slot just like Ohio State did in 2014. (We all know OU is going to lose one of their next two and not make the playoffs.) Maybe UCF competes, but other than some metric a computer nerd pulled out of his ass, why do they get to trump Michigan or even Ohio State should either win the Big 10?

On paper they named themselves 2017 National Champs, try and keep up.

A lot of nonsensical bullshit about $$$ and not much about football. They have dominated teams by more than some CFP contenders have, I don't give a shit that they play in the AAC as it relates to the fact that they have won 23 games in a row. The fact that they would have a better chance of making the playoff with one loss in the ACC than going undefeated for the 2nd straight year in the AAC, is the most ass backwards thinking and it is regurgitated every time this topic gets discussed. They kicked the shit out of the ACC Coastal champ. A team that ND didn't take the lead against until 5 minutes to go in the 4th quarter. Who has Michigan beaten outside of an overrated Penn State team that just struggled to beat Rutgers?

Why does Michigan have a better shot than UCF, because some guy that has never played football deemed so and so a 5 star out of high school? There is a reason you play the game, on paper we shouldn't have beat OU, on paper Maryland shouldn't have beat us. There is nothing you can point to that says they don't deserve a shot. Go undefeated one year and beat Auburn, ok, not quite yet deserving of a shot. Year 2 and you go undefeated again, keeping them out would simply be out of spite.

They aren't getting in the playoff because as you mentioned throughout your post, it is all about money and protecting the good ole boy's network.

• Like 2

If you weight the first game of anyones season as heavily as those played late, you're doing it wrong.

So you can throw out the first game victory against a top 4 team (ND) but count a meaningless season ending game against a team not giving a shit(Auburn). Gotcha, I see how this works now, that counts is what is whatever works for your argument

2 hours ago, Texas25 said:

They aren't getting in the playoff because as you mentioned throughout your post, it is all about money and protecting the good ole boy's network.

No, UCF is playing in the FBS because of money, the 'good ole boys' are playing in FBS because that is where they have been since college football's infancy. The G5 have even agreed to the rules that give the P5 the power to set up the current playoff that doesn't have auto-bids because they don't want to lose access to the millions they get as hush money to fill out P5 schedules. These G5 schools don't care about winning a championship until they go open hand to the media to try to get someone to make the case that a team, which has literally played nor beaten any team of any account, should be in the playoffs.

Even by your own account Michigan has a better win than UCF in Penn State. If they beat Ohio State then they will have 2. Plus they will have played another 7 games against opponents that would have a better chance at beating UCF than any team on UCF's schedule. Their one loss is to another team that is likely going to be undefeated and in the playoffs...by playing what is funnily enough being called a 'weak' schedule, but compared to UCF, ND's schedule is Herculean. Michigan's three game slate of Penn State, Ohio State, and Notre Dame is beyond what UCF has faced in 2 years, but it is Michigan that is undeserving in your world.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rickyspub said:

No, UCF is playing in the FBS because of money, the 'good ole boys' are playing in FBS because that is where they have been since college football's infancy. The G5 have even agreed to the rules that give the P5 the power to set up the current playoff that doesn't have auto-bids because they don't want to lose access to the millions they get as hush money to fill out P5 schedules. These G5 schools don't care about winning a championship until they go open hand to the media to try to get someone to make the case that a team, which has literally played nor beaten any team of any account, should be in the playoffs.

Even by your own account Michigan has a better win than UCF in Penn State. If they beat Ohio State then they will have 2. Plus they will have played another 7 games against opponents that would have a better chance at beating UCF than any team on UCF's schedule. Their one loss is to another team that is likely going to be undefeated and in the playoffs...by playing what is funnily enough being called a 'weak' schedule, but compared to UCF, ND's schedule is Herculean. Michigan's three game slate of Penn State, Ohio State, and Notre Dame is beyond what UCF has faced in 2 years, but it is Michigan that is undeserving in your world.

Michigan lost by 7 to Notre Dame's now back up QB who may be worse than Tyrone Swoopes, so pardon me for believing they shouldn't get a mulligan over a team that has won 23 games in a row, probably soon to be 25. Michigan has LOST. They have LOST. If they were undefeated then hell no UCF doesn't deserve to be in over them. An undefeated UCF or any G5 doesn't deserve to be in the CFP over any undefeated P5. There are 3 undefeated P5 teams. That leaves Michigan, Georgia (who will likely lose to Alabama), Oklahoma and Washington State as the one loss P5 teams still with a shot to make the playoff. Like I said above, Georgia will likely be eliminated inevitably when they lose to Alabama. Michigan will get in over UCF although they don't deserve to be in my opinion. That being said, if Michigan loses again, there is absolutely no reason that UCF should be left out of the playoff in favor of a one loss OU or Washington State.

If Notre Dame goes undefeated they deserve to be in, that isn't what I'm arguing against. I'm arguing against the myth that there is this gap the size of the red sea between Michigan, Notre Dame, Georgia, Oklahoma, Washington State, etc... simply because they play in a major conference.

I mean for fucks sake they have LSU ahead of UCF... The same LSU who couldn't muster a point against Alabama and was out gained 576-196... This shit is a sham. The Citadel looked like a better football team against Bama in Tuscaloosa than LSU did in Baton Rouge...

Washington State has the 74th ranked SOS, almost as bad as UCF's and Washington State has one loss (to a team we beat by 23). UCF is ranked 7th in SRS, Washington State is ranked 13th... Yet they are still ahead of UCF because they play in a P5 conference. Washington State is essentially being rewarded for losing to USC.

UCF deserves a chance to show that they indeed do not belong on the same field as Alabama. I mean last year they beat a team that beat Bama so I guess that is as close as it can get.

But presently all they get is the right to hypothetically lose according to voters masturbating over big brands and that is bullshit. I guess they have to tie OU's 47 straight before they have earned the right to prove anybody wrong.

Or, you know, they lose to USF or Memphis/Houston whatever and none of this matters. But really it is not even about them, it is the principle of the thing.

34 minutes ago, Texas25 said:

Michigan lost by 7 to Notre Dame's now back up QB who may be worse than Tyrone Swoopes, so pardon me for believing they shouldn't get a mulligan over a team that has won 23 games in a row, probably soon to be 25. Michigan has LOST. They have LOST. If they were undefeated then hell no UCF doesn't deserve to be in over them. An undefeated UCF or any G5 doesn't deserve to be in the CFP over any undefeated P5. There are 3 undefeated P5 teams. That leaves Michigan, Georgia (who will likely lose to Alabama), Oklahoma and Washington State as the one loss P5 teams still with a shot to make the playoff. Like I said above, Georgia will likely be eliminated inevitably when they lose to Alabama. Michigan will get in over UCF although they don't deserve to be in my opinion. That being said, if Michigan loses again, there is absolutely no reason that UCF should be left out of the playoff in favor of a one loss OU or Washington State.

If Notre Dame goes undefeated they deserve to be in, that isn't what I'm arguing against. I'm arguing against the myth that there is this gap the size of the red sea between Michigan, Notre Dame, Georgia, Oklahoma, Washington State, etc... simply because they play in a major conference.

I mean for fucks sake they have LSU ahead of UCF... The same LSU who couldn't muster a point against Alabama and was out gained 576-196... This shit is a sham. The Citadel looked like a better football team against Bama in Tuscaloosa than LSU did in Baton Rouge...

Washington State has the 74th ranked SOS, almost as bad as UCF's and Washington State has one loss (to a team we beat by 23). UCF is ranked 7th in SRS, Washington State is ranked 13th... Yet they are still ahead of UCF because they play in a P5 conference. Washington State is essentially being rewarded for losing to USC.

There are 2 undefeated P5 teams.  ND isn't a P5 team. Actually, ND's auto-bid when undefeated is just as problematic.  If ND were in the B1G, they would have already eliminated Michigan from the CFP with that game 1 win.  And Michigan would have only been able to overcome it via an ND loss, either to Mich in the CCG or to another B1G team.  Instead, both are in if they win right now.  Michigan is going to lose to OSU, but OSU will fill that playoff spot even though they are also fielding a mediocre team this year.

The truth is that CFB is really terrible this year.  Perhaps historically so.  Even Bama, who appear fantastic relative to their competition and should win going away, looks pedestrian compared to past Bama squads.  UCF deserves a shot to see if they can beat Clemson and lose to Bama.  More than Michigan who already showed they can't beat ND.

And the argument that UCF's resume from last year shouldn't count is complete bullshit.  Historic resumes almost matter more than current year resumes.  Its the reason people think LSU and OU are great teams.  Most of the P5 rely on decades long resumes to get the preseason rankings necessary to advance to the playoff.  And even P5 schools like Wazzu are punished for having historically bad names.

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mileslong said:

So you can throw out the first game victory against a top 4 team (ND) but count a meaningless season ending game against a team not giving a shit(Auburn). Gotcha, I see how this works now, that counts is what is whatever works for your argument

How YOU do it is your own business. I'm just telling you how the rest of the world does it. Early season losses and victories don't count nearly as much after the total body of work has been assembled. Maybe it's over your head, I don't know what the issue is.

The last team in the country that I’d want Texas to play in a bowl game would be UCF. Fuck that shit. Because the will get left out of the playoff and they will absolutely beat whatever team they face in the bowl game. I only wish aggy were good enough to make them an option. 

Some of you really don’t understand how our Bowl system works. It has nothing to do with scheduling, or who did what to whom. It is about career criminals like Hoolihan (who fortunately just retired) who for years manipulated the different configurations of who the champ is long before we got to this ridiculous thing we call a playoff. By deciding who would play in THEIR bowl game.

Houlihan, as well as his other puppet masters who’s long reach of power and money are the one’s who control the major bowls, AND forced the imaginary narrative of how WE MUST include the bowls to determine a championship. This was his baby the entire time.

It worked because some cared so much about the bowls or were paid off under the table (like the Big 10 with their tie to the  Rose) didn’t realize that the bowl system was an antiquated method of the mid 19th century. When a champion was selected via media outlets prior to the end of the season, and the bowl was a “reward” for a team who had a successful year. They were absolutely, never intended to determine anything. They just provided a rust belt team an opportunity to see some fucking sunshine in the middle of their depressing winter. And collect a huge paycheck for doing so. A paycheck that would go straight to the school from the networks. If we eliminated the middle man (the bowl group). And played the games on campus. That money goes straight to the schools.

You want a championship? You shit can the bowl system, and simply follow the DII system. A system where the individual universities host the quarter, semi, and championship game. And eliminate the bowls altogether. And allow the money to go from television and advertising straight into the different universities coffers.

And fucking stop arguing about scheduling, eye test, what if’s, and the so called experts at ESPN and play the fucking thing out on the field. Then we will know once and for all if UCF can play with Alabama, Texas or anyone else. And make millions for each school who participates.

It just takes one conference to stand their ground and demand fair play, and hopefully another to side with them. 

And before anyone thinks you can incorporate the bowls read up on Hoolihan’s position on how he absolutely fought the very idea of playing any type of semi or quarter final games on campus for fear of being phased out. He wanted and got the conferences in lock step because those who run the damn things didn’t understand or were paid off for failing to see they too could negotiate with TV and advertising executives. And tell the bowls to fuck off.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hamttx said:

Some of you really don’t understand how our Bowl system works. It has nothing to do with scheduling, or who did what to whom. It is about career criminals like Hoolihan (who fortunately just retired) who for years manipulated the different configurations of who the champ is long before we got to this ridiculous thing we call a playoff. By deciding who would play in THEIR bowl game.

Houlihan, as well as his other puppet masters who’s long reach of power and money are the one’s who control the major bowls, AND forced the imaginary narrative of how WE MUST include the bowls to determine a championship. This was his baby the entire time.

It worked because some cared so much about the bowls or were paid off under the table (like the Big 10 with their tie to the  Rose) didn’t realize that the bowl system was an antiquated method of the mid 19th century. When a champion was selected via media outlets prior to the end of the season, and the bowl was a “reward” for a team who had a successful year. They were absolutely, never intended to determine anything. They just provided a rust belt team an opportunity to see some fucking sunshine in the middle of their depressing winter. And collect a huge paycheck for doing so. A paycheck that would go straight to the school from the networks. If we eliminated the middle man (the bowl group). And played the games on campus. That money goes straight to the schools.

You want a championship? You shit can the bowl system, and simply follow the DII system. A system where the individual universities host the quarter, semi, and championship game. And eliminate the bowls altogether. And allow the money to go from television and advertising straight into the different universities coffers.

And fucking stop arguing about scheduling, eye test, what if’s, and the so called experts at ESPN and play the fucking thing out on the field. Then we will know once and for all if UCF can play with Alabama, Texas or anyone else. And make millions for each school who participates.

It just takes one conference to stand their ground and demand fair play, and hopefully another to side with them. 

And before anyone thinks you can incorporate the bowls read up on Hoolihan’s position on how he absolutely fought the very idea of playing any type of semi or quarter final games on campus for fear of being phased out. He wanted and got the conferences in lock step because those who run the damn things didn’t understand or were paid off for failing to see they too could negotiate with TV and advertising executives. And tell the bowls to fuck off.

This. As long as the bowls introduce corporate sponsorships and their own agenda for ratings FBS will never have a true merit based champion

7 hours ago, El Diablo said:

How YOU do it is your own business. I'm just telling you how the rest of the world does it. Early season losses and victories don't count nearly as much after the total body of work has been assembled. Maybe it's over your head, I don't know what the issue is.

so you're telling me that the rest of the world completely discounts ND's win over a top 4 team because it was the first game of the year?  gotcha, there are some of the most bizarre justifications on this thread, it really cracks me up...

There are 2 undefeated P5 teams.  ND isn't a P5 team. Actually, ND's auto-bid when undefeated is just as problematic.  If ND were in the B1G, they would have already eliminated Michigan from the CFP with that game 1 win.  And Michigan would have only been able to overcome it via an ND loss, either to Mich in the CCG or to another B1G team.  Instead, both are in if they win right now.  Michigan is going to lose to OSU, but OSU will fill that playoff spot even though they are also fielding a mediocre team this year.
The truth is that CFB is really terrible this year.  Perhaps historically so.  Even Bama, who appear fantastic relative to their competition and should win going away, looks pedestrian compared to past Bama squads.  UCF deserves a shot to see if they can beat Clemson and lose to Bama.  More than Michigan who already showed they can't beat ND.
And the argument that UCF's resume from last year shouldn't count is complete bullshit.  Historic resumes almost matter more than current year resumes.  Its the reason people think LSU and OU are great teams.  Most of the P5 rely on decades long resumes to get the preseason rankings necessary to advance to the playoff.  And even P5 schools like Wazzu are punished for having historically bad names.

This may be an all timer even for you. You really think this Bama team is pedestrian compared to others?! This is the most complete team they have had in years. Saying they aren’t that good because the rest of the country is down and being tied with the Citadel at half prices this is a joke.

So you remember the UT 2005 team? Considered one of the best ever? They were down 29-12 to a terrible Okie State team that went 4-7 and 1-7 in conference! They regrouped and blew them out in the second half like great teams do and just like Bama did with the Citadel.

16 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

This may be an all timer even for you. You really think this Bama team is pedestrian compared to others?! This is the most complete team they have had in years. Saying they aren’t that good because the rest of the country is down and being tied with the Citadel at half prices this is a joke.

So you remember the UT 2005 team? Considered one of the best ever? They were down 29-12 to a terrible Okie State team that went 4-7 and 1-7 in conference! They regrouped and blew them out in the second half like great teams do and just like Bama did with the Citadel.

That 2005 UT team would win the MNC this year going away. That 2005 OSU team would destroy the Citadel.  Its funny that you come in here defending the crony system like you are Bowlsby himself, and then after all that you compare Okie State to the fucking Citadel.

Regardless, I'm not judging this year's Bama on that one game. I'm judging the talent on their team with their talent in years past. They aren't as good.  Just like we aren't as good as 2005 UT even if we had managed to squeak out 3 more wins. 05 would beat this year's UT squad 70 to 3.

What do you even have to gain from keeping the system closed?  Why does it deserve your defense?  You're like the NFL owners protecting their precious from the "weaker" AFL before overwhelming financial reasons made them change their minds. And Joe Namath showed them the AFL wasn't all that weaker. Like them, you don't even want to let Joe suit up and give it a shot. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

26 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

That 2005 UT team would win the MNC this year going away. That 2005 OSU team would destroy the Citadel.  Its funny that you come in here defending the crony system like you are Bowlsby himself, and then after all that you compare Okie State to the fucking Citadel.

Regardless, I'm not judging this year's Bama on that one game. I'm judging the talent on their team with their talent in years past. They aren't as good.  Just like we aren't as good as 2005 UT even if we had managed to squeak out 3 more wins. 05 would beat this year's UT squad 70 to 3.

What do you even have to gain from keeping the system closed?  Why does it deserve your defense?  You're like the NFL owners protecting their precious from the "weaker" AFL before overwhelming financial reasons made them change their minds. And Joe Namath showed them the AFL wasn't all that weaker. Like them, you don't even want to let Joe suit up and give it a shot. 

i don't know why it falls to me to educate the unlettered masses but once again here goes.  you claim this years Bama team pails in comparison to recent Bama teams.  Well lets just compare them to the recent Bama National Championship teams.

Tot Offense - 541 ypg
Tot Defense - 283 ypg
Diff - +258
QB, Tua - 212 QB Rating

Tot Offense - 441 ypg
Tot Defense - 261 ypg
Diff - +182
QB, Hurts - 150 QB Rating

Tot Offense - 427 ypg
Tot Defense - 276 ypg
Diff - +150
QB, Coker - 157 QB Rating

Tot Offense - 445 ypg
Tot Defense - 250 ypg
Diff - +195
QB, MCarren - 175 QB Rating

Yep, this lowely 2018 squad truly pails in comparison.

Tua may be the best Bama QB since Joe Namath.  i would argue this is the most 
complete Bama team that Saban has ever had.  Time will tell if this holds up,
Tua is banged up and without him they aren't as good but with him, i think they
are one of the best teams i've ever seen.

Im not comparing current Citadel to current Okie State, Im comparing 2018 Citadel to 2005 Okie State.  Citadel was 4-6 playing Bama, Okie State was 4-7 playing 2005 Texas.

15 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

i don't know why it falls to me to educate the unlettered masses but once again here goes.  you claim this years Bama team pails in comparison to recent Bama teams.  Well lets just compare them to the recent Bama National Championship teams.

Tot Offense - 541 ypg
Tot Defense - 283 ypg
Diff - +258
QB, Tua - 212 QB Rating

Tot Offense - 441 ypg
Tot Defense - 261 ypg
Diff - +182
QB, Hurts - 150 QB Rating

Tot Offense - 427 ypg
Tot Defense - 276 ypg
Diff - +150
QB, Coker - 157 QB Rating

Tot Offense - 445 ypg
Tot Defense - 250 ypg
Diff - +195
QB, MCarren - 175 QB Rating

Yep, this lowely 2018 squad truly pails in comparison.

Tua may be the best Bama QB since Joe Namath.  i would argue this is the most 
complete Bama team that Saban has ever had.  Time will tell if this holds up,
Tua is banged up and without him they aren't as good but with him, i think they
are one of the best teams i've ever seen.

Im not comparing current Citadel to current Okie State, Im comparing 2018 Citadel to 2005 Okie State.  Citadel was 4-6 playing Bama, Okie State was 4-7 playing 2005 Texas.

Again, look at your flawed logic.  You're comparing Okie State, a P5 school, to the Citadel, a non P5 school, on a thread where you consistently state that a non-P5 undefeated team isn't good enough.  So if a 4-6 2018 Citadel is equivalent to a 4-7 2005 Okie State, then UCF is good enough to be in the playoff. So which is it?

As for Bama's stats, you seem to agree that Bama's competition this year is down. But then you go and use stats that are entirely relative in order to crown 2018 Bama's best team ever. Stats that were earned against shitty competition. Seriously, every team on Bama's schedule is fielding their worst team in a decade this year.  You do realize there are countless players who hit 350 in AAA and hit 250 when called up to the majors, right?  Bama is playing AAA squads right now. Of course their stats look better. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

Again, look at your flawed logic.  You're comparing Okie State, a P5 school, to the Citadel, a non P5 school, on a thread where you consistently state that a non-P5 undefeated team isn't good enough.  So if a 4-6 2018 Citadel is equivalent to a 4-7 2005 Okie State, then UCF is good enough to be in the playoff. So which is it?

As for Bama's stats, you seem to agree that Bama's competition this year is down. But then you go and use stats that are entirely relative in order to crown 2018 Bama's best team ever. Stats that were earned against shitty competition. Seriously, every team on Bama's schedule is fielding their worst team in a decade this year.  You do realize there are countless players who hit 350 in AAA and hit 250 when called up to the majors, right?  Bama is playing AAA squads right now. Of course their stats look better. 

Dude who me where I have said this years competition is down. Show me the quote now.

You’re missing the obvious point on the Okie State comparison, Jesus. Point is that even great teams sometimes have bad halves and bad games against far inferior talent, got it?

2 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

Dude who me where I have said this years competition is down. Show me the quote now

4 or 5 posts up. Where you falsely claim I said something about the Citadel game.  The Citadel really did a number on your brain, didnt they?  

And the competition does suck this year.  Quit being retarded.  

11 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

4 or 5 posts up. Where you falsely claim I said something about the Citadel game.  The Citadel really did a number on your brain, didnt they?  

And the competition does suck this year.  Quit being retarded.  

are you fucking retarded?   show me where i said this years competition for alabama was down?  you are the one who said all their opponents are the worst teams they have fielded  in 10 years.  would you like to make a wager on that brilliant claim?  $1,000 today, right now

1 minute ago, Mileslong said:

are you fucking retarded?   show me where i said this years competition for alabama was down?  you are the one who said all their opponents are the worst teams they have fielded  in 10 years.  would you like to make a wager on that brilliant claim?  $1,000 today, right now

They are.  Look at the SEC this year and at the teams vying for the remainder of the playoff spots.  Garbage.

And how exactly would you prove I'm wrong for this wager?  More irrelevant relative stats?  Or maybe we can get the 2012 Bama squad back together and have them play?  Its all about the eye test, and the competition this year simply doesn't pass it. 

And your opinions aren't even logically consistent with one another.  Seriously, look at your logic here.

UCF - undefeated, but not as good as P5 1 or multiloss teams.

Citadel - just as good as P5 Okie State with same record.

So tell me. On which of these claims do you want to admit you are wrong?

7 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

They are.  Look at the SEC this year and at the teams vying for the remainder of the playoff spots.  Garbage.

And how exactly would you prove I'm wrong for this wager?  More irrelevant relative stats?  Or maybe we can get the 2012 Bama squad back together and have them play?  Its all about the eye test, and the competition this year simply doesn't pass it. 

And your opinions aren't even logically consistent with one another.  Seriously, look at your logic here.

UCF - undefeated, but not as good as P5 1 or multiloss teams.

Citadel - just as good as P5 Okie State with same record.

So tell me. On which of these claims do you want to admit you are wrong?

i will prove you are wrong about all of bamas competition fielding their worst team in 10 years.  but after i do you pay the fuck up.

LSU - 2018 (9-2), 2017 (8-5)

Ole Miss - 2018 (5-7), 2011 (2-10)

Tenn - 2018 (5-6), 2017 (4-8)

Miss State - 2018 (8-4), 2016 (6-7)

now pay me my fucking money you moron

And yes UCF is not as good as this years terrible Bama team.  using your sixth grade logic, you can never make any claim unless the two teams actually played.  so the 2015 Kansas 0-12 could be as good as the 2005 texas squad because all you are using are "relative" stats

Edited by Mileslong

2 hours ago, Mileslong said:

so you're telling me that the rest of the world completely discounts ND's win over a top 4 team because it was the first game of the year?  gotcha, there are some of the most bizarre justifications on this thread, it really cracks me up...

Yeah, COMPLETELY, that's exactly what I said. We throw that one out COMPLETELY. Don't quote me and then put words in my mouth, try to read just the words on the page and don't listen to the voices in your head. ;)