UCF

FondrenRoad

10 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

i will prove you are wrong about all of bamas competition fielding their worst team in 10 years.  but after i do you pay the fuck up.

LSU - 2018 (9-2), 2017 (8-5)

Ole Miss - 2018 (5-7), 2011 (2-10)

Tenn - 2018 (5-6), 2017 (4-8)

Miss State - 2018 (8-4), 2016 (6-7)

now pay me my fucking money you moron

And yes UCF is not as good as this years terrible Bama team

Again, relative stats. Tell me, which of those 2018 LSU wins were against non-2018 competition?

So you're not only a fucking idiot who has logically inconsistent opinions regarding P5 schools. You're also a fucking idiot who likes to make wagers on unprovable claims. Are you actually so stupid that you think your post would win the wager if it was made?  Do you really not understand that it is impossible for anyone to win that wager because every season is a closed system?  

When you go back to school on Monday, ask your 3rd grade teacher about it.

Edited by FondrenRoad

7 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Again, relative stats. Tell me, which of those 2018 LSU wins were against non-2018 competition?

So you're not only a fucking idiot who has logically inconsistent opinions regarding P5 schools. You're also a fucking idiot who likes to make wagers on unprovable claims. Are you actually so stupid that you think your post would win the wager if it was made?  Do you really not understand that it is impossible for anyone to win that wager because every season is a closed system?  

i swear to god you have a learning disability.  i'm not even getting into your fucking statement "inconsistent P5 opinions", LMAO that doesn't even make sense. saying that all of bamas opponents this year are the worst in ten years is a provable claim, how about we go on their records?  at some point these games have to be judged, so we use points, records and strength of schedule to determine champions.  in your mind, there has never been a national champion because every stat and every game is relative.  if you can't use records in similar conferences and levels of competition to judge whether one team is better than another then how can you every judge anything?  its like i'm arguing with a retarded cumquat...

is this UCF team better than the 2015 UCF 0-12 team?  i guess we can't prove that because relative

Edited by Mileslong

Just now, Mileslong said:

i swear to god you have a learning disability.  i'm not even getting into your fucking statement "inconsistent P5 opinions", LMAO that doesn't even make sense. saying that all of bamas opponents this year are the worst in ten years is a provable claim, how about we go on their records?  at some point these games have to be judged, so we use points, records and strength of schedule to determine champions.  in your mind, there has never been a national champion because every stat and every game is relative.  if you can't use records in similar conferences and levels of competition to judge whether one team is better than another then how can you every judge anything?  its like i'm arguing with a retarded cumquat...

No man, you're really fucking stupid. You're the one making bets on things that are impossible to prove, and then you seem to truly believe that you have proven something.  You haven't. I've made no definitive claims or wagers. I acknowledge that I am giving my opinions.

Again, shitstain. Every fucking season, every game has a winner and loser.  Every single year, there are the same number of wins and losses to go around whether the competition is awesome or shitty.  One of 3 bumbling teams is gonna win the Big 12 this year, and the Big 12 as a whole has just as many Ws and Ls as it has had in every 10 team season.  So record comparisons between years is largely meaningless.  Records only show how a team compared to other teams in the same year.  

This year's shitty LSU team gets to play this year's shitty other teams too. So unless you can get last year's LSU team, including some clones, to suit up and play this year's team, you can never definitively prove that one is better than the other. And that would be true even if one was undefeated and the other was 0-12.

And your question "how can you judge?" Is my whole point. You can't. You can only opine. But for 2018, it isn't too late to stop opining and see what happens on the field.  Let UCF in the playoff and see what happens. Otherwise, when they wreck the tOSU/Mich loser or us in a bowl, we will still be having this same argument. Forever.  Because at that point, whether 2018 UCF "could have" done anything in the playoff will be forever unknown.

Just now, Mileslong said:

Again, in your world there is no way to ever judge. So answer my question.

Is 2018 UCF better than 2015 UCF?

In my opinion, yes. Is it provable? No.

Here's a comparison to help you understand the logic better.  Which team is better, 2005 Texas or 1995 Nebraska?

I'm sure you understand why it would be impossible to prove which of those teams is better. Now you just need to understand that the same is true when comparing any teams from different years.

What one can do is form opinions based on observation. For example, I have watched this year's 1 loss OU play and it simply doesn't "look" as good as 1 loss OU teams of the past. I can't prove that though. 

This thread is about letting UCF prove it one way or the other on the field. So you and I don't have to opine or "judge."

You can obviously state that an undefeated team is better than a winless team from the same school only a few years apart. It’s called common sense. I’m not comparing two undefeated teams from different eras.

You say this years Bama team is not nearly as good as other Bama teams. I use stats you use a bad opinion. Might as well bang my head against the wall because you don’t believe you can ever prove one team is better than the other

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

You can obviously state that an undefeated team is better than a winless team from the same school only a few years apart. It’s called common sense. I’m not comparing two undefeated teams from different eras.

You say this years Bama team is not nearly as good as other Bama teams. I use stats you use a bad opinion. Might as well bang my head against the wall because you don’t believe you can ever prove one team is better than the other

Fondren tries to make the case that UCF deserves to be in based on some silly SRS stat, but to him your stats are bunk! LOL. He tells us that Bama sucks because The Citadel sucks and doesn't even compare to 2005's 4-7 OSU team, but then tell us that UCF deserves to get in even though they might have played one team this season that is of the same quality of that 2005 OSU team. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mileslong said:

You can state anything you want. You can't prove anything. The 2 schools are playing different schedules. Stats mean nothing across years. A 10 team league with 9 games has 45 wins and 45 losses every year. Every year someone is going to win it. That doesn't change whether there are 10 all star teams or 10 pee wee football teams. And it is entirely possible that a balanced year with a 6-3 champion contains several teams that could beat a 9-0 champion from a different year.

You actually aren't even consistent with your own transitive rules. For example, you believe LSU's record in 2017 and 2018 are directly comparable, but you don't account for Auburn, Arkansas and Ole Miss having worse records in 2018.  You instead observe LSU's record in a vacuum, as if it played an identical schedule in 2017 and 2018. You do the same with your raw stats comparisons of Bama squads.  

Probably half the teams in the NCAA in 2018, if not more, would beat undefeated 1924 Notre Dame.  Even 2018 Citadel is probably larger and faster and runs an offense that 1924 ND would have never seen.  Do you agree?  Is that provable?

Lmao, it’s like discussing football with a teenage girl who works at Starbucks. With every post you bring up a bunch of nonsensical scenarios that have nothing to do with the issue at hand.

Everyone on the planet would say 2018 is better than 2015 UCF except you because it’s not provable. There is no point in discussing football with you

11 minutes ago, rickyspub said:

Fondren tries to make the case that UCF deserves to be in based on some silly SRS stat, but to him your stats are bunk! LOL. He tells us that Bama sucks because The Citadel sucks and doesn't even compare to 2005's 4-7 OSU team, but then tell us that UCF deserves to get in even though they might have played one team this season that is of the same quality of that 2005 OSU team. 

He brought out the Citadel comparison. I simply pointed out that, in doing so, he destroyed his own argument against UCF.

Nobody "deserves" to be in the playoff. Its an invitation event decided by a panel of judges rather than on the field. In the end we are arguing about whether Notre Dame stuck the landing on her triple lutz better than UCF.  Now most of the time, some skater leaves the Olympics knowing that they were robbed by the judges, and they usually have a good argument, and nobody will ever really "know."  In football, at every other level, we don't have this problem. It is a game that generates an actual winner and a loser each time it is played.  Yet you and miles continue to defend this beauty pageant for no real reason. There needs to be a real playoff. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

And what is your definition of a real playoff sunshine? Now there is four teams playing in it. You scream bogus because it’s a beauty pageant.

Make it an eight game playoff, will you still be crying it isn’t fair? Even if you make it 16 teams, guess what, the number 17 team will be screaming it deserves in. It will always be a beauty pageant on some level.

You can’t understand this? You make circular arguments and keep contradicting yourself. It’s about identifying the best team in football, at some point you have to rank them, it will never be a perfect science. You have like 120 teams competing, you have to rank them at some point.

As flawed as current system is, you would have a tough time saying the best team hasn’t won the championship in years.

28 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

And what is your definition of a real playoff sunshine? Now there is four teams playing in it. You scream bogus because it’s a beauty pageant.

Make it an eight game playoff, will you still be crying it isn’t fair? Even if you make it 16 teams, guess what, the number 17 team will be screaming it deserves in. It will always be a beauty pageant on some level.

You can’t understand this? You make circular arguments and keep contradicting yourself. It’s about identifying the best team in football, at some point you have to rank them, it will never be a perfect science. You have like 120 teams competing, you have to rank them at some point.

As flawed as current system is, you would have a tough time saying the best team hasn’t won the championship in years.

Every conference champ should get an automatic bid. That way at the beginning of the season, every team has a chance to play their way in. Beyond that, I don't care how wild cards are decided or whether they are included at all. They already failed to win their conference.  If the last wild card bitches, it really doesn't matter. They were excluded by losing on the field. And Notre Dame shouldnt be included at all until they join a conference. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

2 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

He brought out the Citadel comparison. I simply pointed out that, in doing so, he destroyed his own argument against UCF.

Nobody "deserves" to be in the playoff. Its an invitation event decided by a panel of judges rather than on the field. In the end we are arguing about whether Notre Dame stuck the landing on her triple lutz better than UCF.  Now most of the time, some skater leaves the Olympics knowing that they were robbed by the judges, and they usually have a good argument, and nobody will ever really "know."  In football, at every other level, we don't have this problem. It is a game that generates an actual winner and a loser each time it is played.  Yet you and miles continue to defend this beauty pageant for no real reason. There needs to be a real playoff. 

The skating comparison is apt. The P5 teams do an Olympic-quality routine with slight variations in the level of difficulty. UCF's routine is the equivalent of a skate-around at the public rink. There Olympic routine has a high likelihood of a fall, while UCF's routine requires effort to fuck up, especially if you are an Olympic-quality skater.