UCF

FondrenRoad

Why would you use a game from last year to judge a team from this year, you colossal dumbass?

Also why do i get the feeling that the same people giving UCF a pass for playing absolutely nobody are the same ones who give the SEC shit for their soft ass OOC schedules?

Edited by Pam Cummings

Why would you use a game from last year to judge a team from this year, you colossal dumbass?

Also why do i get the feeling that the same people giving UCF a pass for playing absolutely nobody are the same ones who give the SEC shit for their soft ass OOC schedules?
So you really think UCF stands no chance against Georgia, Michigan, Notre Dame, OU or the likes?

On 11/19/2018 at 8:33 AM, Eastwood said:

Very, very few teams win 5 straight conference games each year. Let's not pretend that most of us wouldn't trade Kansas for UCF in the Big 12 straight up. If it wasn't for basketball, Kansas is a G5 school.

That's true.  It's also a very different argument.  UCF is better than Kansas is a long step down from UCF belongs in the playoff.

20 hours ago, Chad Sexington said:

Utes recruit Florida actively. We currently have 7 or 8 Floridians on the roster. Utah has a lot in common with UCF. I’d love to get rid of nothing nobody schools currently on our schedule, like BYU for instance. Our new AD is from south Florida. Hmm. 

Except for the 40 Polys on your roster...

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:
1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

So you really think UCF stands no chance against Georgia, Michigan, Notre Dame, OU or the likes?

Correct.

Edited by Pam Cummings

Bob Stoops was the only man that could hold Adrian Peterson under 100 yds.

As a RB, start and stop was not his strength.  He took a while to get going but the top end was fast and he could deliver a blow.  Much better from the I-formation taking a pitch off tackle then running over a safety.  Stoops' scheme totally misused Peterson.

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

No they dont.

Buy I wish they could just to shut up their 2 and 3 star roster.

Signed, all those 4 and 5 star players that turn out to be total busts and all those 2 star or no star players that turn out to be NFL draft pics. 

Edited by Gaelic
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Good for UCF putting more guys in the pros than Alabama year after year. 

That wasn't what I was referring to, you jackass.   I'm sure Mack and Charlie thought star ratings were all that was needed to go by in recruiting....

Edited by Fart
  • Fuck You 2

2 hours ago, Gaelic said:

Signed, all those 4 and 5 star players that turn out to be total busts and all those 2 star or no star players that turn out to be NFL draft pics. 

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

Good for UCF putting more guys in the pros than Alabama year after year. 

1 hour ago, Fart said:

That wasn't what I was referring to, you jackass.   I'm sure Mack and Charlie thought star ratings were all that was needed to go by in recruiting....

So you also go by Gaelic.  Good to know. 

• Like 1

I wanted to laugh at Tosh, but wasn't really that funny.  (ok except the crack about pay vs Saban) 

I don't know what he's all upset about, if they go undefeated this year I'm sure they'll print up shirts and paint it on their walls anyway.  

33 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Blake Bortles was the QB the year they beat the BXII champ in the Fiesta Bowl. Funny game, Vegas had the spread at something like 17 points favoring Baylor.

Bortles, Breshad Perriman, and Storm Johnson. That was a very good UCF team. I remember my cocky Baylor friend thinking they'd crush UCF that year. Baylor was at peak-Rapey and were the best they'd ever be. I warned him that they were in for a fight. UCF proceeded to kick the shit out of Baylor. 

21 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

Bortles, Breshad Perriman, and Storm Johnson. That was a very good UCF team. I remember my cocky Baylor friend thinking they'd crush UCF that year. Baylor was at peak-Rapey and were the best they'd ever be. I warned him that they were in for a fight. UCF proceeded to kick the shit out of Baylor. 

To be fair, they weren't used to people fighting back

or

Did you see Baylor's unis?  They wanted it 

9 minutes ago, Loco said:

I wanted to laugh at Tosh, but wasn't really that funny.  (ok except the crack about pay vs Saban) 

I don't know what he's all upset about, if they go undefeated this year I'm sure they'll print up shirts and paint it on their walls anyway.  

yeah, the saban joke is really why i posted it.

30 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

I think a lot of people were shocked at the outcome, Vegas included. I've heard from guys on that Baylor team that UCF showed up to kick some ass and the Bears were just happy to be there, they were riding high on the season they'd had and getting a NY6 bowl game.

You hear about teams just showing up for bowls and we've seen that in the past - 'Bama vs OU, OU vs Aggy etc.. One of the teams just seemed to want it more.

With a playoff game it's a bit different, it's not some run of the mill exhibition game as a reward for a good season. I don't know if UCF has the talent to go up against some of the other teams, I seriously doubt that they do. I would be shocked though to see them WIN a playoff game just because they're not going to get some team that is giving less than total effort. Can't say the same for UCF vs BU or AU, those teams might have been half assing it.

Not very coherent thoughts, sorry if it meanders a bit.

6 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Meaning UCF's roster isn't exactly overflowing with Polynesian players.  They make Utah one of the tougher defenses in the country and the best in the Pac 12 against the run.

Well, we have large white people and large polynesians, but very few black people. So UCF has lots of black people and better running backs. 

Is that about it?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 hours ago, markstanco said:

No they dont.

Buy I wish they could just to shut up their 2 and 3 star roster.

I’d give them more than a shot against OU, Ohio State, ND, and Wazzu given some of the teams that either beat them or came close.

UCF has a light schedule but that’s a solid team at worst with a dangerous offense.

Would I bet on them to win vs the top 6?  Maybe not.

Do they deserve a shot if they go unbeaten?   Yes.

we need an eight team playoff

1 hour ago, Sejjr said:

Most BU fans expected a shootout.   Team was sloppy with tons of offensive penalties with false starts aplenty.   Took the running game out of it and turned a probable shootout into a comfortable win for UCF.  When bu needed short yards on the ground UCF never stopped them but BU kept putting themselves in passing downs.

Rumors still fly that many players thought Briles was gone to UT after Mack was fired and had been out drinking the night before as a result.  Would explain the record penalty numbers but UCF was very good.

6 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

1- You use a game from last year because the only P5 they played this year (and destroyed btw) is Pitt who won the ACC coastal division.  Not a bad win but far from a top 6 game.  Last year provides an example of a team you’d write off beating a legit P5 opponent.

2- People are giving UCF the argument for inclusion for one reason- they are unbeaten.  If they slip up once 99% of people arguing for them reverse course.

31 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

I  don't believe it's as hard for UCF to schedule tough games as their apologists are saying.  How did Houston manage to schedule (then top 5) OU and Louisville in the same season?  Aren't they in the same conference as UCF?

A quick google search shows they have Pitt and Stanford next year, North Carolina and Georgia Tech in 2020 with a slot available, Louisville in 2021 with maybe 3 slots available, and Louisville and Georgia Tech in 2022 with 2 slots available. It'll be interesting to see how this season goes and what happens to those open slots after.

43 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

I  don't believe it's as hard for UCF to schedule tough games as their apologists are saying.  How did Houston manage to schedule (then top 5) OU and Louisville in the same season?  Aren't they in the same conference as UCF?

Because when the game was scheduled Tony Levine was Houston's HC and they were coming of 5-7 and 8-5 seasons.

UCF has scheduled well, some teams just don't want to take the risk of scheduling an elite G5 team. They played us back in 2007 and 2009, they played Ohio State in 2012, Penn State, Miami, Florida, Wisconsin, and South Carolina. Some times people just don't want to schedule you. Doesn't help that they had games against Georgia Tech (last year) and North Carolina (this year) cancelled. Not to mention when they scheduled North Carolina, UNC was coming off an 11-3 season and an appearance in ACC CCG, this year UNC is dog meat, just the way it is sometimes.

I personally believe UCF on a given night can absolutely beat a highly ranked team because that is true of some teams in the Top 20 as it is -- but I think it is equally true that it would be very hard for UCF to run say an SEC gauntlet and lose zero or 1 game either.

15 minutes ago, UTDD said:

I personally believe UCF on a given night can absolutely beat a highly ranked team because that is true of some teams in the Top 20 as it is -- but I think it is equally true that it would be very hard for UCF to run say an SEC gauntlet and lose zero or 1 game either.

I agree but until you lose you deserve a shot IMO.

38 minutes ago, S11 said:

I agree but until you lose you deserve a shot IMO.

Not in FBS. If they want a shot, they should move down to FCS where the rules for the playoff are established. There are just too many good teams that have legit schedules that are difficult to navigate without dropping a game or two. UCF's schedule is a joke and they play in a conference of teams that are only in FBS to leech their millions from the playoffs and have a better chance at getting a million dollar pay day from a P5 team wanting a home win.

• Like 1

Boise State beat OU (2007 Fiesta Bowl). Nobody thought they were good enough. Don't play "big boy" football.

Utah beat Alabama (2004 Sugar Bowl). Nobody thought they were good enough. Don't play "big boy" football.

TCU beat Wisconsin (2011 Rose Bowl). Nobody thought they were good enough. Don't play "big boy" football.

aggy beat OU (2013 Cotton Bowl). Nobody thought they were good enough. Don't play "big boy" football. Wait...

UCF could do it. Nobody knows. A real playoff would make these discussions pointless. 

Most BU fans expected a shootout.   Team was sloppy with tons of offensive penalties with false starts aplenty.   Took the running game out of it and turned a probable shootout into a comfortable win for UCF.  When bu needed short yards on the ground UCF never stopped them but BU kept putting themselves in passing downs.

Rumors still fly that many players thought Briles was gone to UT after Mack was fired and had been out drinking the night before as a result.  Would explain the record penalty numbers but UCF was very good.

Rapeing coeds in a big city tends to lead to a loss in focus.

2 hours ago, rickyspub said:

Not in FBS. If they want a shot, they should move down to FCS where the rules for the playoff are established. There are just too many good teams that have legit schedules that are difficult to navigate without dropping a game or two. UCF's schedule is a joke and they play in a conference of teams that are only in FBS to leech their millions from the playoffs and have a better chance at getting a million dollar pay day from a P5 team wanting a home win.

Better idea- expand to eight teams in the playoff and see how a football version of Butler, Villanova, or Gonzaga holds up.

7 hours ago, El Diablo said:

I think a lot of people were shocked at the outcome, Vegas included. I've heard from guys on that Baylor team that UCF showed up to kick some ass and the Bears were just happy to be there, they were riding high on the season they'd had and getting a NY6 bowl game.

You hear about teams just showing up for bowls and we've seen that in the past - 'Bama vs OU, OU vs Aggy etc.. One of the teams just seemed to want it more.

With a playoff game it's a bit different, it's not some run of the mill exhibition game as a reward for a good season. I don't know if UCF has the talent to go up against some of the other teams, I seriously doubt that they do. I would be shocked though to see them WIN a playoff game just because they're not going to get some team that is giving less than total effort. Can't say the same for UCF vs BU or AU, those teams might have been half assing it.

Not very coherent thoughts, sorry if it meanders a bit.

Playoffs are different, but most teams are down this year. Bama may have their best team ever, but the rest of the field is as below average as a top 10 has ever been. UCF could absolutely beat ND. Would probably even be favored. A high school could get OU into a last score wins shootout and they are in if they win. Then you have Clemson who aren't what they used to be either. Then OSU/Mich.  Wazzu. Meh.  None of the competition are worldbeaters, and UCF is at least disciplined unlike the rest of the non-Bama contenders. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

Ask 2017 SEC West Champion Auburn about that

Jesus Christ, there has never been one game in history that holds so much weight for a select group of nincompoopes as that game.

against a team who didn’t care about a that game who had been humiliated in the game before. I can’t wait for UCF to play someone good and get beat so all this crap and conspiracy theorists can go away

Playoffs are different, but most teams are down this year. Bama may have their best team ever, but the rest of the field is as below average as a top 10 has ever been. UCF could absolutely beat ND. Would probably even be favored. A high school could get OU into a last score wins shootout and they are in if they win. Then you have Clemson who aren't what they used to be either. Then OSU/Mich.  Wazzu. Meh.  None of the competition are worldbeaters, and UCF is at least disciplined unlike the rest of the non-Bama contenders. 

UCF would be favored against Notre Dame?! Holy shit I’ve heard it all now

10 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

UCF would be favored against Notre Dame?! Holy shit I’ve heard it all now

Not sure why you think ND is good.  They've looked mediocre against a fairly weak schedule too.  Have they even beat the spread this year?  ND will get beat something like 50-3 in whatever semifinal they play in.  They even struggled against the only decent common opponent with UCF, Pitt.  I guess they did beat Navy worse.  

ND 19 Pitt 14

UCF 45 Pitt 14

Penn St 51 Pitt 6

Edited by FondrenRoad

Not sure why you think ND is good.  They've looked mediocre against a fairly weak schedule too.  Have they even beat the spread this year?  ND will get beat something like 50-3 in whatever semifinal they play in.  They even struggled against the only decent common opponent with UCF, Pitt.  I guess they did beat Navy worse.  
ND 19 Pitt 14
UCF 45 Pitt 14
Penn St 51 Pitt 6

Lmao aren’t you leaving out that little game against Michigan?