TABC brown shirts

DaysOff

3 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

I was in Louisiana in college and 18 when there laws changed from 18-21 no grandfather clause. I went from drinking in a bar every night to..... drinking in a bar every night because Louisiana  does not give a single fuck 

IIRC, the federal govt threatened to withhold highway funds from any state that didn't raise its legal drinking age to 21.  So 49 states fell in line.

And Louisiana said, "We don't care, because we make more money from 18-20 yo's drinking than we do from highway funds."

IIRC, the federal govt threatened to withhold highway funds from any state that didn't raise its legal drinking age to 21.  So 49 states fell in line.
And Louisiana said, "We don't care, because we make more money from 18-20 yo's drinking than we do from highway funds."
Yes that's exactly what happened that I remember . I believe they said that the two IH we're actually hurting then anyway

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

55 minutes ago, Clintonaldo said:

All of this baptist bashing reminded me of today seeing a church member at the Costco as I had two 36 packs of Miller Lite in the buggy. My wife and his wife made small talk for a minute and he just looked at the buggy and then me and gave me the Chuck Norris thumbs up move. 

A few salty comments were made, but it's not bashing to bring up official platform policy of arguably the most influential church in Texas.  They have, and continue to have, deep influence on lawmaking in Texas.  Be it through traditional lobbying, the ingrained belief set of elected officials from that faith, advocacy groups, non-profits, fundraising arms, business lobby, and now PAC money.  

Some people will have to be dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century.  

2 hours ago, Clintonaldo said:

All of this baptist bashing reminded me of today seeing a church member at the Costco as I had two 36 packs of Miller Lite in the buggy. My wife and his wife made small talk for a minute and he just looked at the buggy and then me and gave me the Chuck Norris thumbs up move. 

Again...

Why do you always take two Baptists fishing with you?

Spoiler

Because if you take only one, he'll drink all your beer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I used to own a small liquor store in Tarrant County. I didn't sit on the line, but was like the 3rd store a couple miles down the road. The Wise County Judge was a good reliable customer every Friday until I screwed up and said "thanks, Judge."  He never came back.

12 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Thats pretty much what I heard too. Which is also why t wasn't really enforced while I was there. I don't recall ever getting carded in restaurants or bars. And it wasn't just dive bar type places. I would go to nicer restaurants and they did't care either. The only place that did was the gas station.

On 12/7/2018 at 3:00 PM, demos said:

There’s a reason why there are so many jokes about Baptists and alcohol. There’s also a reason places like Tyler, TX had so many “private clubs” but you had to drive to another county by beer and/or liquor. Denomination is a common factor in both.

I see you've been to Whiskey Bend.  Oh...the memories I have of BYOB Tittays!

14 hours ago, Lobo said:

A few salty comments were made, but it's not bashing to bring up official platform policy of arguably the most influential church in Texas.  They have, and continue to have, deep influence on lawmaking in Texas.  Be it through traditional lobbying, the ingrained belief set of elected officials from that faith, advocacy groups, non-profits, fundraising arms, business lobby, and now PAC money.  

Some people will have to be dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century.  

I get it and I was mostly joking. There are shit heads in every denomination of every religion. I am baptist but pro gay, pot, and just about everything else. Hell, I am even pro choice because the studies show shitty parents most of the time turn out shitty kids. 

I have a friend who had a son that is now a daughter and he was afraid of the judgement.  I told him according to the Bible all sin is equal and my life isn’t perfect and my condemnation would be a sin so who am I to judge.  I need to work on my own house before I start judging others.

I am a love the sinner type of guy because I sin more than anyone. I know one day I will have to answer to the big man and I hope the dude abides and tells me good job for not harshing anyone’s mellow  

On 12/7/2018 at 2:17 PM, hayden_horn said:

my ma lives in van zandt county. used to have to stop in athens on my way up to get the necessary supplies for family time.

they recently actually went wet a couple years back. like your mom last night.

so now i don't have to stop in that shithole athens.

I still stop in your mom’s shithole when I’m passing through. 

• Fuck You 1

On 12/8/2018 at 3:56 PM, Lobo said:

I've just always thought "timing" people's alcohol consumption, at least in terms of off-premise sales, was such a weird justification in somebody's head.  

And the Lord does not want people having alcohol on his Sabbath.  Well, first off his Sabbath was mostly on Saturday.  And even if it's on Sunday, what's the difference between a beer at 11am on Sunday and a beer at noon on Sunday?  Why is a bourbon on a Sunday evening forbidden but a bourbon on Monday at 10:00a perfectly fine?  

Don’t expect them to start making sense now. These are same people who say Jeffery Dahmer can go to Heaven as long as he says he’s sorry and asks his invisible Sky Daddy for forgiveness, but all 5+ Billion non-Christian human being currently living on this planet are going straight to Hell for eternity. 

Bernard

On 12/8/2018 at 3:56 PM, Lobo said:

I've just always thought "timing" people's alcohol consumption, at least in terms of off-premise sales, was such a weird justification in somebody's head.  

And the Lord does not want people having alcohol on his Sabbath.  Well, first off his Sabbath was mostly on Saturday.  And even if it's on Sunday, what's the difference between a beer at 11am on Sunday and a beer at noon on Sunday?  Why is a bourbon on a Sunday evening forbidden but a bourbon on Monday at 10:00a perfectly fine?  

Don’t expect them to start making sense now. These are same people who say Jeffery Dahmer can go to Heaven as long as he says he’s sorry and asks his invisible Sky Daddy for forgiveness, but all 5+ Billion non-Christian human being currently living on this planet are going straight to Hell for eternity. 

Bernard

• Like 2