2018 Home Depot College Football Awards Show

satyanash

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

We got the silver medal in that recruitment. Sigh.

Strong had an in with him I think, he was from the same high school as Teddy Bridgewater. Jeff Howe held out hope he would flip to us all the way through Singing Day Eve, he really loved Baker.

4 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Strong had an in with him I think, he was from the same high school as Teddy Bridgewater. Jeff Howe held out hope he would flip to us all the way through Singing Day Eve, he really loved Baker.

Howe's one of the good ones in recruiting. Too bad his health has held him back if board scuttlebutt is to be believed (although, dude, lay off the cheeseburgers)

13 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

Just curious but how is tua flying around in a private plane for awards season not a violation? Didnt bo jackson lose baseball eligibility for taking private plane to meet with buccs???

I’m not going to bother googling all of them. But I remember a fishing trip snafu when two Auburn players went deep sea fishing on a boat belonging to one players father, as well as a funeral where transportation was provided that caused some shit. I’m sure there are others.

But hey, Im going to guess that since the aircraft belongs to the university of ESPN (SEC) it won’t matter. Hell, they will probably use it as a recruiting tool.

21 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

Just curious but how is tua flying around in a private plane for awards season not a violation? Didnt bo jackson lose baseball eligibility for taking private plane to meet with buccs???

I would say there is a major difference there. One is for collegiate awards, the other for pro sports. I imagine the NCAA allows all these players to fly to these awards shows, on their team planes with their coaches. Also, rules do change from time ti time. The current meal plan and monthly sipend that the P5 players get used to be illegal.

Edited by bamachine

I would say there is a major difference there. One is for collegiate awards, the other for pro sports. I imagine the NCAA allows all these players to fly to these awards shows, on their team planes with their coaches. Also, rules do change from time ti time. The current meal plan and monthly sipend that the P5 players get used to be illegal.
I know...thats why i said i was curious

Seems like it should be imo though since they are doing it to "aid in his ankle recovery"....so he doesnt have to fly economy or whatever with "schedule flights"

4 minutes ago, bamachine said:

O would say there is a major difference there. One is for collegiate awards, the other for pro sports. I imagine the NCAA allows all these players to fly to these awards shows, on their team planes with their coaches.

Glancing over the NCAA code under transportation. I see nothing regarding the player himself flying. But allowing a parent or family member on board would by the NCAA’s definition be considered an extra benefit. And therefore a violation. Again, not that anyone who matters would bother to address it.

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

Did Jeudy really win over Marquise Brown? That's shocking

LJH’s numbers are similar. Was there a reason he wasn’t part of the nominee’s?  Or did I miss that? They are only separated by a few yards, but I don’t know how many catches.

17 minutes ago, chase25 said:

I'm just trying to figure out the semantics that permeates through these awards shows. So let me get this straight, Tua according to voters wasn't even the best player at his own position, yet he is the player of the year? Okay

Kinda like a team that isn't even it's own conference champion winning the national championship.

This says any transportation provided by an institutional employee or an athletics representative is a extra benefit

Me personally would believe that includes the "team plane" flying one team member around since im Assumming the "team plane" is owned by an institutional employee or atleast paid for by one201949fde490fd352843929ce37504d9.jpg

3 hours ago, satyanash said:

The cornerback that Collin Johnson will be matched up against in New Orleans, DeAndre Baker, just won the Jim Thorpe Award as the best defensive back in the country.

Well good, maybe LJH can get free and Duvernay can race behind the defensive secondary with CJ occupying their best corner.