I need to find an apartment

TXLNGHRN10

I'm having issues with my room mate and am tired of dealing with their shit.
So I need to find an apartment.  I've had a room mate / split a house since I got divorced 5 years ago. I can't afford a house by myself.. Being poor and paying child support on 2 kids sucks.

Anyone have any rec's for a a decent place up north around $800?

Learn to like your roommate. Or find about another $500 to cover rent and bills.  In Austin unfortunately that's sort of the deal now.  

You might be able to find somebody with a garage apartment that you could get closer to that sort of range and live alone.  Wish I honestly had a better answer for you, but sometimes the "grass is greener" observation results in a sooner rather than later "jumping from the frying fan into the fire" observation...

In the mid-1990s, a friend of mine lived at the place below for about a year.  It was...tolerable then, but I don't know what it's like now. It was a little "crimey," it wasn't unusual to hear gunshots some distance away. Their website shows rent for a (very small) 1 bedroom starting at $775.

https://villasoflacostaapartments.com/