2020 Ryder Cup

smwhorn

3 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

I wouldn't call Scheffler consistent off the tee (not looking at stats so maybe my perception is wrong)

yeah.  Bryson Scheffler could be very interesting but I assumed they would play with each other.  

my call

English/Finau vs. Rory/Lowry is probably a loss

Scheffler/Bryson v Rahm/Hatton toss up

Johnson/X probably a win

Thomas/Cantlay probably a win - I think Cantlay can drag Thomas across the finish line.

2.5 to 1.5 I'd take.

11 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I knew Stricker would play JT.  this could be a disaster.  

why not xander/cantlay and DJ/JT?

FAEI9N6XoAQn-w1?format=jpg&name=medium

Yeah, should not separate Cantlay/Xander.

I like resting Koepka and Morikawa with injuries.  Also like Spieth not playing this afternoon.  Berger probably needed to sit too.  

Some may disagree, but I think playing JT this afternoon to help him get out of struggles makes sense... Dude can be a birdie machine.

Not sure I like Finau and English together ?

Edited by LTtxfan

with Morikawa sitting today, i'm guessing he plays both tomorrow.  he has to play 4 matches.  i would have played DJ and Morikawa again this afternoon, then in the morning foursomes tomorrow, then let him rest tomorrow afternoon so he'll be fresher on Sunday for singles.  as it is, he'll play up to 36 tomorrow then again on Sunday.

5 minutes ago, alincoln said:

I assume he rested Koepka and Morikawa (fine), benched Berger (fine) and chose JT over Spieth (stupid).

Splitting Xander and Cantlay is idiotic.  Why not just pair DJ and JT?  Also worried that Rory will get his mojo back against English/Finau.

I agree but I think he is putting JT with the most consistent US player coming into this to drag him to a win.  I can see English Finau being a blow out loss.

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I agree but I think he is putting JT with the most consistent US player coming into this to drag him to a win.  I can see English Finau being a blow out loss.

Rory wasn't good this morning. Finau/English can certainly lose, I just don't see it being a blowout. 

• Hook 'Em 1

An optimist could also look at the pairings and say the first match should be a walkover for the USA, the second match could be a slugfest 2 on 1 with Rahm isolated, the third match could bury Rory if he can't best English/Finau and the fourth match provides the opportunity for JT to play himself back into form against a beatable pairing. 

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

I like resting Koepka and Morikawa with injuries.  Also like Spieth not playing this afternoon.  Berger probably needed to sit too.  

Some may disagree, but I think playing JT this afternoon to help him get out of struggles makes sense... Dude can be a birdie machine.

Not sure I like Finau and English together ?? 

I think the Finau/English is the "I'm going to try to take 3 and if Finau and English halve or god forbid win, bonus" pairing.

I don't like resting Morikawa unless he asked for it.  rest him once tomorrow.

17 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

Harris/Finau

Jay Z Reaction GIF by Complex

17 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

I wouldn't call Scheffler consistent off the tee (not looking at stats so maybe my perception is wrong)

And Bryson has actually been pretty consistent lately... also keep in mind the rough is a joke. 375 down in the 2nd cut is better than 300 down in the fairway. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Not sure I like Finau and English together ?? 

I'd have Spieth out there because he can get the crowd going like no one else on US team.  but I suppose he's planning to play him twice tomorrow.

I can see playing JT now to see how you are going to play him tomorrow.  

Edited by dcar00

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Scottie approach on #1...   YUCK

yeah.  thats where you say fuck it, regardless of where DCB is, and don't worry about going over with Hatton's kick in.

scottie needs to play his game like he doesnt have a partner.

Edited by dcar00