Small cars that are good for car seats.

more serious response: is your CX5 not available for this purpose?  i'd assume it'd be slightly better for car seats than the mazda3.  somewhat taller cabin + not bending down to fiddle with it as much.  and it's already yours, which is a bonus.

55 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Any car can fit  a single car seat in the middle.  Two gets dicey, but unless you have twins you can put one forward and one rear  facing.  Three across is tough, and you have to get special skinny car seats (diono is what we have).  But at the point you have 3 kids in car seats, just get a van.

bullshit.   My Mercedes has a tiny back seat, and  can only fit a car seat if the front passenger seat is pushed all the way forward, with the back pushed up to an unusable angle as well.  

11 hours ago, elfenix said:

more serious response: is your CX5 not available for this purpose?  i'd assume it'd be slightly better for car seats than the mazda3.  somewhat taller cabin + not bending down to fiddle with it as much.  and it's already yours, which is a bonus.

My wife will be driving the CX5 most of the time.

Edited by usmc0331horn

18 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Any car can fit  a single car seat in the middle.  Two gets dicey, but unless you have twins you can put one forward and one rear  facing.  Three across is tough, and you have to get special skinny car seats (diono is what we have).  But at the point you have 3 kids in car seats, just get a van.

15 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Or maybe a rubber

I have 4 kids (now grown) and the correct answer is Suburban.
rubbers are for not getting vd (with your username I figured you know that), use the pill to not get preggo

7 hours ago, usmc0331horn said:

My wife will be driving the CX5 most of the time.

i guess the answer is take your car seat, go to a mazda dealer, and try to cram it in the back of a 3.  it's probably the best car in its class, at least until it starts bumping up against GTI pricing.