Wine

Hollywood

Probably one of my favorite US Pinots, Dragonette Black Label. It’s so fucking good. 2020 only 335 cases. just got our 2021 shipment. I have 8 bottles. 

IMG_4631.jpeg

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

I’ve said fuck all to Texas wine for years. Like two decades at least. Spicewood Vineyards is pretty damn good. We had the wine country itch Sunday and said fuck it let’s go drink swill. Had a GREAT Cab Franc, a Cali Pinot he made with Cali grapes, and their Viognier which is fucking legit.

first pic is the Pinot, second is the cab franc. viognier is sleeping in the wine storage till it’s hot as balls.

IMG_4636.jpeg

IMG_4637.jpeg

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 4/26/2024 at 8:18 PM, troph said:

I’ve said fuck all to Texas wine for years. Like two decades at least. Spicewood Vineyards is pretty damn good. We had the wine country itch Sunday and said fuck it let’s go drink swill. Had a GREAT Cab Franc, a Cali Pinot he made with Cali grapes, and their Viognier which is fucking legit.

If you like Spicewood, check out Ron Yates... same owner.  Next door to Yates, you should stop by the new Lost Draw tasting room.  

1 hour ago, texasdago said:

If you like Spicewood, check out Ron Yates... same owner.  Next door to Yates, you should stop by the new Lost Draw tasting room.  

We talked with him that afternoon cool guy. his parents started fall creek which the last time I tried their wines they were swill. I was complimenting his wine and almost made the comparison to fall creek in a bad way but but my tongue just in time.

Edited by troph

1 minute ago, troph said:

We talked with him that afternoon cool guy. his parents started fall creek which the last time I tried their wines they were swill. 

I don't think I knew the Fall Creek connection.  We went a few months ago... completely overpriced and very meh.  Ron gets it, though and he's a Longhorn.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, texasdago said:

I don't think I knew the Fall Creek connection.  We went a few months ago... completely overpriced and very meh.  Ron gets it, though and he's a Longhorn.

I agree. I revised my post I almost stepped in it big time.  he got a law degree too, he's a smart guy and someone I could be friends with. he's a thoughtful vintner for sure.

Edited by troph