School me on Boston and Philly

tchookem

My old work stomping grounds. I used to fly into Philadelphia and drive back and forth between Delaware and New Jersey and Philly.

I never cared for Philadelphia but you have to do the cheesesteak thing. Sonny's Steaks and Pat's King of Steaks were an awesome serving of deliciousness and gluttony. Also, the area is full of great pizza. Nomads Pizza has a truffle pizza that is outstanding. Seriously, it is hard to go wrong with pizza in this part of the country.

Take in a Phillies game if possible. The last game i attended there the Angels were visiting and the place was electric with Trout visiting. Granted, he may not be as welcome as he once was.

Also, the University of Delaware is a short drive away and the female to male ratio is outstanding. Newark is a cool little college town. Newark Delaware, Newark NJ is a shit hole.

That's all I got.

• Like 1

I’m a big fan of Boston. Eat Italian food at North End. I like Mamma Maria’s.  Go see a game at Fenway. Even if you’re a casual baseball fan, it’ll be a great time.  There’s a lot of good eating around the ballpark.  Citizen Public House & Oyster Bar is solid.  We enjoyed the Harpoon Brewery tour.  Oh, and there’s some real old shit in Boston.

• Like 1

Just got back from Philly. Stayed at the Kimpton Monaco, our room overlooked Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell, I think it was $229 a night. We used points. Get a ticket for the tour, they’re free. If you have a some time to kill before the tour, we enjoyed the Museum of the American Revolution, it was about a block and a half down the street. 

Reading Terminal Market was really cool as well. The gal at the oyster bar has spectacular RATs.

CHIEF

4 hours ago, South Austin said:

Go see a game at Fenway. Even if you’re a casual baseball fan, it’ll be a great time.  There’s a lot of good eating around the ballpark.

This x1000!

If you are in Boston during the baseball season with your son and don't go to a game at Fenway, you are probably a communist that hates America.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, F250 said:

This x1000!

If you are in Boston during the baseball season with your son and don't go to a game at Fenway, you are probably a communist that hates America.

Yeah Fenway is phenomenal. Did it with the family 2 years ago. Up next: Wrigley. In July: Dodger Stadium. Hard to believe that place is the 3rd oldest ballpark now. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ohchaucer said:

Has anyone mentioned Boston sucks yet?  

(I lived there.  I wish I'd only "just visited" because it's an amazing town to visit).

Hilarious and accurate. I feel the same way. I love to go visit but I was there for work a few years ago and by day five was ready to blow the fuck out of there.

Anyway, Boston:

Italian in North End (I love Neptune Oyster, Daily Catch, Galleria Umberto for pizza lunch and rice balls, and Giacomo's; I really like Mother Anna's also, but get the chicken creation)

Fenway

History shit. Definitely walk around the Common.

Union Oyster House is very cool but the food is meh to meh minus. Grab a pint at the Bell in Hand across the alley. 

Omni Parker House hotel invented Boston cream pie and they are fucking incredible.

Pastry wars in North End are between Mike's and Modern. Both are very good. I prefer Mike's because I think it's cooler, but have a cannoli at each one and then report back. 

Bunker Hill is cool.

Legal Sea Food is overrated but the chowder is phenomenal.