Just ordered a machine gun (no regulations of course)

markstanco

2 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

i've bought several guns online in private party transactions.  each of them has had to go through a FFL for me to pick up.  even the one in-state.   these were all handguns though.

and to whomever was saying you can ship a shotgun or rifle to the house after purchasing it online, do you have a source for that?  

Post 102 has the link to the ATF. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

i've bought several guns online in private party transactions.  each of them has had to go through a FFL for me to pick up.  even the one in-state.   these were all handguns though.

and to whomever was saying you can ship a shotgun or rifle to the house after purchasing it online, do you have a source for that?  

Everything that I have ever purchased via private sale, including guns that were marketed online, had been transacted F2F.  Some with posters here. And always including a bill of sale, sometimes by my own insistence, but never going through a FFL. I would wager a large sum that either F2F or via FFL constitute the vast vast majority of private firearms sales. 

Edited by Anastasis

37 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

"Our drug laws don't make sense. Anyone here can walk down the street and buy a vial of crack."

Sounds like a good argument for decriminalization.

...with fairly stringent regulations that take into account others around you (can't drive under the influence of) absent seemingly large loophole workarounds. Not quite an apples to apples comparison having to include vehicle operation for the public good element, but to the point, I don't think there would be many, if any accusing the politician of telling a falsehood.

11 minutes ago, Archer said:

There is no loophole to sell a machine gun without a background check. It is a felony, period. 

Cool and agreed, but that was a reference to any gun purchase not just specifically a machine gun. However the point still stands. It is easier for a person to buy a machine gun here (legal or not) than it is most anywhere else in the world, because we allow for the legal purchase here. There may be demand by criminals all over the world, but in the US, they actually have the supply to meet their demand. But why even buy a machine gun when you can fit a bump stock to an AR all legally? 

5 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Well you can't buy a bump stock legally currently. But you have shown such a remarkable ignorance of gun laws both domestic and foreign that it can only be willful or dishonest.

How willful or dishonest are you being in arguing semantics about a comment on the impact of our current gun laws? 

3 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Your a package delivery guy, right? Rifles and shotguns should be pretty obvious. But muzzleloaders and pellet rifles could easily be mistaken for a firearm if in an unmarked box.

When I did ups driver helper in December, one of the pickups was the gunwerks facility. Every day we’d grab 2-15 rifles, plus other boxes with parts and ammunition. These rifles aren’t cheap, either. Some of the boxes may have just been cases I guess. Could have been ordered by a person or by a dealer. 

8 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

But you have shown such a remarkable ignorance of gun laws both domestic and foreign that it can only be willful or dishonest.

Of course, that can be the only possibility on a thread full of gun owners posting seemingly contradictory or murky info on gun laws that vary by state and methods to get around them.

22 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

When I did ups driver helper in December, one of the pickups was the gunwerks facility. Every day we’d grab 2-15 rifles, plus other boxes with parts and ammunition. These rifles aren’t cheap, either. Some of the boxes may have just been cases I guess. Could have been ordered by a person or by a dealer. 

Gunwerks is a custom rifle builder that specializes in long range weapons.  Their rifles are $1,500 to $7,500 without the glass.  You can order one online, have it built to your specifications and pay for with a credit card.  The rifle must be shipped to a FFL for the transaction to be completed.  

Wait, I though gun nuts were all hung up on very specific verbiage..  Every semi-automatic is a "machine" gun.   

Did he say fully automatic or machine gun?   So we can't talk about it because you don't know what you are talking about.  Learn words losers!  (see how obnoxious that is?)

On a serious note, you can buy a gun online (arrange a person to person transaction outside of a licensed dealer)   I have found some rare-ish guns online and arranged to meet the owner and purchase (not at my house because I'm not a psycho).  I have no experience with full auto stuff, I'm sure if you follow the law that's not allowed outside of FFL.  I'm 99% sure on that, but there are some wild ass gun laws getting on the books.

If any of you run across a JM stamped Stainless Marlin Lever action .45-70 for not stupid money let me know...  Actually don't, I don't have time to go shoot it anyway.