The Absolutely Too Early To Call Democratic Primary

RPM

With 0% of the vote in, Uncle Joe appears to be the front runner. Not sure if he can make it down the stretch, however. He's old and loveable, but he's old.

Beto is floundering. He might gain ground in a live debate, but personally I think he isn't ready. Cue Lloyd Bentsen.

Kamala seems stalled with no message.

Of the 20+ other candidates one keeps rising to the top. Pete Budig Buddiig Mayor Pete is holding my attention even if I can't spell his name.

I give 0 fucks if he's gay. He's legitimately smart, has solid military experience and he's not afraid to rub Cadet Bonespur's face in it. I would love to see him debate Trump. It would be a massacre.

• Like 1

Republicans fall in line and democrats fall in love. That process was somewhat avoided last time because Hillary was always the presumed nominee. I think they are looking to fall in love with somebody out of this huge field and haven’t found them yet. Somebody will take off and fly past joe is my prediction.

I don't care who the Democrats nominate. My vote in New York will just be piling onto Dotard and how much he is hated here, but I do hope the nominee is someone that can find a way to resonate with people in places Dotard won last time.

Buttigieg comes across as the most well-spoken and intelligent. However, Ma and pa MAGA, along with the Johnny Shithole's of the world, will pull the he's gay and not biblically in line with us evangelicals, which is humorous at best considering the guy they will vote for. 

Edited by UpperWestside

15 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

I don't care who the Democrats nominate. My vote in New York will just be piling onto Dotard and how much he is hated here, but I do hope the nominee is someone that can find a way to resonate with people in places Dotard won last time.

Buttigieg comes across as the most well-spoken and intelligent. However, Ma and pa MAGA, along with the Johnny Shithole's of the world, will pull the he's gay and not biblically in line with us evangelicals, which is humorous at best considering the guy they will vote for. 

Ma and Pa maga and Johnny don't matter at all. They'll vote for Trump over anyone. Midwestern union workers and suburban moms matter. Pete can get their votes.  

Buttigieg is polling at 2% with California Latinos. No bueno.

This part of the article about Pete campaigning in Fresno caught my attention.

After the event ended, Gomez told Buttigieg in Spanish about the drinking water problems that plague the region. Buttigieg, who speaks several languages, responded in Spanish that he would try to help.

“That means a lot,” Gomez said. “The next time he comes here, he should speak in Spanish more.”

This guy is correct, if Buttigieg can speak Spanish he should be doing it as much as possible. Mexicans love a gringo that can speak Spanish. Shit, George W Bush won over a bunch of Hispanics when he gave a speech in Spanish.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics/article/Pete-Buttigieg-tries-to-diversify-his-13925825.php