NotActuallyALonghorn

Coin Collecting Thread

I believe we had one of these on the old site, but didn't see one here. Anyhoo, I was given these coins by my parents when they cleaned out the safety deposit boxes. Apparently they were given to me as an infant.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Any comments? Guesses at grades? I really don't know anything about coin collecting, but I do have a few old Soviet coins that I found in the storage building left from the previous owner of my house.

Don't know much about coins but when I visited family last year my dad showed me this for the first time. It was passed on to him by his father. Pretty cool though.b3b2c73baf5e69539d7aed34d475aec6.jpgd8bdd8ddb97ba9ce01267aafe84eb069.jpg

I like the big hunks of silver. Nice and hefty.

Mopar: Sorry, but that note is not real, it is a reproduction. The brown 'parchment' paper is a giveaway, there are lots of reproductions of different notes on that kind of paper. The signatures ought to be pen signed as well, and yours are printed. There is a real note that looks like that though.

I posted this one in another thread. Found it tucked behind an old picture frame that I salvaged from a box being thrown out after my Grandfather’s death. It’s in pretty bad shape but cool to have.
7ff599c6d96c76b67fa3d291cb292fcb.jpg