Jump to content
Machinator

Non-Texas Recruiting Notes and Highlights: 2019 Edition

Recommended Posts

UT legacy. If we didn't have Roschon this year and took only one last cycle, I would have liked this guy as a QB2 take:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McIvor will throw for roughly 3 trillion yards in that offense.

 

(assuming Kliffy makes it for those 4 years, or that they hire some other air raid disciple.) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, golfclap said:

McIvor will throw for roughly 3 trillion yards in that offense.

 

(assuming Kliffy makes it for those 4 years, or that they hire some other air raid disciple.) 

He could always do the same for Fedora or Leach 

Edited by Fud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Machinator said:

UT legacy. If we didn't have Roschon this year and took only one last cycle, I would have liked this guy as a QB2 take:

 

He has been friendly with the TT program for a while now.  I think most any other year he'd be a slam dunk for the Raiders.  That said, one TTU pay site has already reported that mom has already been asking about who will be the TT head coach year.

Clearly it's an issue for them as well as anyone else they're recruiting.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, pigmeat markham said:

He has been friendly with the TT program for a while now.  I think most any other year he'd be a slam dunk for the Raiders.  That said, one TTU pay site has already reported that mom has already been asking about who will be the TT head coach year.

Clearly it's an issue for them as well as anyone else they're recruiting.

 

 

Lubbock is the perfect place for McIvor and Kliff is the perfect coach for him.  He grew up in Fort Davis and supposedly was kind of taken aback by the bright lights and big city feel of San Angelo when he moved there his sophomore year.  He might enjoy Pullman though if he visits.  It's probably more like where he grew up than any major college town in America. It's probably too far from mama though. 

I think Tech would be the overwhelming favorite but for the fact that Kliff might not be around to tutor the kid.  I see between 6-8 losses on Tech's schedule next season and I think Kliff has to go at least 7-5 to keep his job.  My guess is that mama McIvor is looking at the same schedule I'm looking at and trying to figure out how Kliff keeps his job.  Maybe if Tech comes out strong and beats Ole Miss in the opener it will get some recruiting momentum going but that one I've marked as a "L" for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, texifornia said:

"bright lights and big city feel of San AngeloÔĽŅ"

wut

Yeah, I know.  But considering he grew up in Fort Davis, Big Spring would probably seem like a big city.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Is Kliff a good recruiter but not really head coach material?

He's awfully young. He wasn't ready for this head coaching job, but he might learn and do better next time.  He'll get another head coaching chance in a few years after being a top OC at Texas and basically learning the Urban Meyer way of doing things from Herman.  We'll see how he does the next go around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Is Kliff a good recruiter but not really head coach material?

As a Tech fan who follows the program pretty closely, candor requires me to reply that no, KK is not a good recruiter overall.    There were expectations upon his hiring that his age as well as overall happening guy reputation would serve him well on the recruiting trail.  Hasn't been the case at all.

That said, we're talking about a QB here and that's the one area he's been relatively effective.  Mahomes, Davis Webb (3rd rounder), Baker Mayfield, and  Manziel are all guys he's had a hand in recruiting and developing.  Even last season's weak sister Nic Shimonek signed a free agent deal.

In addition, Jacob Zeno has been listed as a Tech lean by even non TTU sites. My guess is that is not going to happen as Ga. is really recruiting him hard and he seems to keep extending his decision date.  Visited TT multiple times though.  Again, KK's job security is a concern.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bevo said:

Is Kliff a good recruiter but not really head coach material?

below avg recruiter, Leach was recruiting at a much higher level. I think it's another example of a coach who wasn't ready to be a hc 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, pigmeat markham said:

As a Tech fan who follows the program pretty closely, candor requires me to reply that no, KK is not a good recruiter overall.    There were expectations upon his hiring that his age as well as overall happening guy reputation would serve him well on the recruiting trail.  Hasn't been the case at all.

That said, we're talking about a QB here and that's the one area he's been relatively effective.  Mahomes, Davis Webb (3rd rounder), Baker Mayfield, and  Manziel are all guys he's had a hand in recruiting and developing.  Even last season's weak sister Nic Shimonek signed a free agent deal.

In addition, Jacob Zeno has been listed as a Tech lean by even non TTU sites. My guess is that is not going to happen as Ga. is really recruiting him hard and he seems to keep extending his decision date.  Visited TT multiple times though.  Again, KK's job security is a concern.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Well he's def on the hot seat, the only reason they brought him back is because of the flop Texas took in the 4th qt. If they lose to Texas he was going to be fired. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding McIvor, I believe his mom is a TT grad.  My understanding is that his parents are divorced and he lives with his mom.  One would think that and living in San Angelo would bode well for Tech.  There's that cumbersome little head coaching issue though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TCU gets a commit from Myron Warren.  3* DE from Many, La.  

 

 

Offers from A&M, OSU, Arky, Ole Miss and more.  Just visited A&M a couple of weeks ago. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Baylor football signee runs the fastest 100 meters in State history:  10.04.  He has good size, too. 

 


 

Edited by Hornius Emeritus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't there an underclassmen from San Antonio several years ago that ran a sub 10? Not in the state meet, but I could've sworn I heard about it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2018 at 1:36 PM, pigmeat markham said:

As a Tech fan who follows the program pretty closely, candor requires me to reply that no, KK is not a good recruiter overall.    There were expectations upon his hiring that his age as well as overall happening guy reputation would serve him well on the recruiting trail.  Hasn't been the case at all.

That said, we're talking about a QB here and that's the one area he's been relatively effective.  Mahomes, Davis Webb (3rd rounder), Baker Mayfield, and  Manziel are all guys he's had a hand in recruiting and developing.  Even last season's weak sister Nic Shimonek signed a free agent deal.

In addition, Jacob Zeno has been listed as a Tech lean by even non TTU sites. My guess is that is not going to happen as Ga. is really recruiting him hard and he seems to keep extending his decision date.  Visited TT multiple times though.  Again, KK's job security is a concern.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Have to recruit parents as well as the player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Baylor football signee runs the fastest 100 meters in State history:  10.04.  He has good size, too. 

 


 

Think it was Roach that loved this kid last year while discussing kids we could/should go after.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Baylor football signee runs the fastest 100 meters in State history:  10.04.  He has good size, too. 

Hopefully he decides to stick to track full time. He could become a professional before the next Olympics if he totally commits to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Baylor football signee runs the fastest 100 meters in State history:  10.04.  He has good size, too. 

 


 

Grades

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Baylor football signee runs the fastest 100 meters in State history:  10.04.  He has good size, too. 

 


 

The wind aide is why this won't go down as the fastest nationally. Wind factor was a +3.2 when the most it can be and still count is +2.0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TCU gets a late LB or strong safety commit for the '18 class.  Former Central Arkansas commit who got a release for family illness reasons.  Ran a 21.28 200M at 6'1" over 200 lbs and anchored the state meet 1st place 4x200 relay over the weekend.  Judging from his Hudl, the kid can play.   Not sure how he was overlooked at Mansfield Legacy unless he was huge grade risk.  Even the recruiting services overlooked him.  He's literally a no star recruit.  Reminds me of Matt Pryor who we signed out of California a few years back about this time of the year.  No stars, no recruiting profile, no other offers and 5 years later he was all-conference and a 6th round draft pick.  

 

https://247sports.com/Player/Demauryon-Holmes-46055781

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/7959762/59c1715bb535bb01d424631d

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Baylor football signee runs the fastest 100 meters in State history:  10.04.  He has good size, too. 

 


 

TTU commit, Kesean Carter, out of the Woodlands ran a 10.22 as well.  Mucho speed in the state this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pigmeat markham said:

TTU commit, Kesean Carter, out of the Woodlands ran a 10.22 as well.  Mucho speed in the state this year.

The wind was a huge factor and that's why guys were running crazy times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, utfan87 said:

The wind was a huge factor and that's why guys were running crazy times. 

Yeah, I saw that.  He won the state 6A 100 meter title as a junior though running a 10.32, so he can legitimately motor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2018 at 2:26 AM, pigmeat markham said:

He has been friendly with the TT program for a while now.  I think most any other year he'd be a slam dunk for the Raiders.  That said, one TTU pay site has already reported that mom has already been asking about who will be the TT head coach year.

Clearly it's an issue for them as well as anyone else they're recruiting.

 

 

Looks like Iowa and ASU just offered McIvor too.  I bet he has 20+ offers before this is over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, angelos's frog said:

Looks like Iowa and ASU just offered McIvor too.  I bet he has 20+ offers before this is over. 

That wouldn't surprise me either.  His offer list is fairly decent already.  My hope is that he didn't get his feelers hurt by the delayed Tech offer given Jacob Zeno is clearly their preference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Machinator said:

 

Wow... and they even made sure to showcase the biggest bust ever, front and center.

Edited by BlueTurf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
‚Äč
√ó
√ó
  • Create New...