Dallas Cowboys 2020 Offseason Thread -- 25th Anniversary of Mediocrity

Patrick Bateman

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, Drew said:

I for one am excited to see Jarwin focused on as TE. As well as how they utilize Pollard. They’re adding a WR at some point and I suspect the offense will be even better next year.

Just gotta get that defense better.

Need to really add to the OL with Frederick gone.  They need to find another strong starter somewhere as Ty Smith's back is always an issue.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Also, not sure if y’all heard all that shit about yannick ngakoue and the ownership in Jax, but he’s definitely getting traded. I don’t know his contract situation, but we should look into that. This team ain’t doing shit if D-Law is our only legit pass rusher. 

Wants a pricey new deal.  If we weren't going to pay Quinn, I doubt we're going to give up rich draft comp and sign him to a pricey deal.....

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Also, not sure if y’all heard all that shit about yannick ngakoue and the ownership in Jax, but he’s definitely getting traded. I don’t know his contract situation, but we should look into that. This team ain’t doing shit if D-Law is our only legit pass rusher. 

aldon smith and randy.  say what you will about both of them, but they’re probably getting reinstated and they can both legit rush the passer.  kinda surprised you’re even worried about it.  we need db’s. 

11 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Wants a pricey new deal.  If we weren't going to pay Quinn, I doubt we're going to give up rich draft comp and sign him to a pricey deal.....

I assumed something like that would have to be the case. I doubt anyone is going to give up rich draft comp after his little twitter outburst recently. That’s mainly I was asking.

I hope we stay at 17 and somehow CJ Henderson falls to us. That would be best case scenario in my opinion. But I think we either stay at 17 and draft K’Lavon Chaisson.

Also, it’ll never happen but i wouldn’t mind taking Ruggs at 17 if he’s there. IMO, he’s Tyreek Hill. If you’re going to make Dak the highest paid player, might as well give him the Matt Ryan treatment from earlier in his career and give him as many weapons as possible. 

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

That's fucking funny.  I think we trade down or take Chaisson.  I think I'd rather trade down.

I’d rather trade back as well, but we need to actually get value. It worked out, but I don’t want another Travis Fredrick draft day scenario where we feel like we can get the guy we want at the back of the first, but we don’t get nearly enough value for moving back. If you can’t find the value, you have to just take best available player. We have way too many needs to get cute.

That's fucking funny.  I think we trade down or take Chaisson.  I think I'd rather trade down.

This is where I’m at too. I do not think Henderson or the top 2 WRs make it(sorry, I’m not using their top pick on Riggs...lamb/judey only).

But I think it’s Chaisson or a trade down(which I prefer too)

11 minutes ago, Drew said:

This is where I’m at too. I do not think Henderson or the top 2 WRs make it(sorry, I’m not using their top pick on Riggs...lamb/judey only).

But I think it’s Chaisson or a trade down(which I prefer too)

You say that, but you can look at 5 different mock drafts and you will see 5 different ways they have that top 3. Ruggs is definitely part of that first tier. There are credible mocks that have him going as early as 11 to the jets or 13 to the 49ers. 

Plus, we don’t really know. There are going to be like 5 or 6 wrs drafted tonight alone. Those 3, Jefferson, Aiyuk from ASU, maybe even Mims from Baylor, and Higgins from Clemson. Our offense goes to another level with any of those top 3 guys, and it’s why I don’t hate the idea. Let’s do defense, but don’t reach on defense. That’s all I’m saying.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

7 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I keep hearing that it’s a top 3 and not a top 2, and that they really could go in any order. Ruggs ran a 4.27 and looks like Tyreek hill on tape. Our offense goes to another level with any of those 3 guys, and it’s why I don’t hate the idea. But I’d rather a top corner or top pass rusher fall into our laps.

if we don't trade down sturm thinks there's a good chance we get either kinlaw, chaisson, or henderson.  i'd be happy with any of those.

14 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I keep hearing that it’s a top 3 and not a top 2, and that they really could go in any order. Ruggs ran a 4.27 and looks like Tyreek hill on tape. Our offense goes to another level with any of those 3 guys, and it’s why I don’t hate the idea. But I’d rather a top corner or top pass rusher fall into our laps. 

Lolz at who would be throwing to a ‘Tyreek Hill type receiver.’

Might as well shoot a bbgun at a tank...

Just now, Iceman said:

Lolz at who would be throwing to a ‘Tyreek Hill type receiver.’

Might as well shoot a bbgun at a tank...

I mean, Tyreek hill first broke out when Alex Smith was their qb. If you’re gonna pay this fucking guy and make him the highest paid player, might as well stack the deck in his favor and give him weapons to help ease the decline of Zeke and the oline. It’s too bad there isn’t a blue chip top tier TE this year. 

8 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I mean, Tyreek hill first broke out when Alex Smith was their qb. If you’re gonna pay this fucking guy and make him the highest paid player, might as well stack the deck in his favor and give him weapons to help ease the decline of Zeke and the oline. It’s too bad there isn’t a blue chip top tier TE this year. 

Alex Smith is a fantastic example.   How many TDs did he throw to his WRs in KC?  Not a shot at you, but what he actually did.

You're waaaaay more on target with the need for a stud TE fitting needs of the offense.

Edited by Iceman

28 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Alex Smith is a fantastic example.   How many TDs did he throw to his WRs in KC?  Not a shot at you, but what he actually did.

You're waaaaay more on target with the need for a stud TE fitting needs of the offense.

My larger point was that Dak can push the ball down field better than Alex Smith could and hill had 1100+ yards and 8 tds his last year with Alex smith. Maybe I’m just misinterpreting what you mean, but are you saying that Dak can’t support that many wrs (even though he kinda did last year) or are you saying he can’t get the ball downfield to utilize a threat like that? Because i don’t think either is true. 

And the only problem with an elite TE prospect is even the elite ones RARELY do shit in year one. Last year TJ hockenson and Noah fant were can’t miss guys. Both showed promise, but neither made a huge year one impact 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

My larger point was that Dak can push the ball down field better than Alex Smith could and hill had 1100+ yards and 8 tds his last year with Alex smith. Maybe I’m just misinterpreting what you mean, but are you saying that Dak can’t support that many wrs (even though he kinda did last year) or are you saying he can’t get the ball downfield to utilize a threat like that? Because i don’t think either is true. 

Dak's strength is NOT throwing his receivers open.  That's ex-fucking-actly what Mahomes does with HIll.

21 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Dak's strength is NOT throwing his receivers open.  That's ex-fucking-actly what Mahomes does with HIll.

I’m not a fucking mind reader lol. That was the first time you went into detail on what you were getting at (at least i think). 

Agree to disagree i guess. I think Tyreek hill would be a pro bowl caliber wr if he was here, just like he was in Alex smith’s last year as starter. Pat mahomes doesn’t make Hill. Is he the perfect qb to get the most out of his skill set, sure. But Hill would be a consensus top 10 wr with or without mahomes IMO. And if Ruggs is his comp, I’ll take a chance on that working out. I dunno. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

2 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I’m not a fucking mind reader lol. That was the first time you went into detail on what you were getting at (at least i think). 

Agree to disagree i guess. I think Tyreek hill would be a pro bowl caliber wr if he was here, just like he was in Alex smith’s last year as starter. Pat mahomes doesn’t make Hill. Is he the perfect qb to get the most out of his skill set, sure. But Hill would be a consensus top 10 wr with or without mahomes IMO. 

I wasn't taking away from Hill, but rather making the point( that you recognized) that Mahomes maximizes Hill' potential.  Dak ain't Mahomes, not even fucking close, when it comes to throwing WRs open.  To your initial point, Dak is way the fuck more Alex Smith than Pat mahomes.  Alex Smith is an all-time classic game fucking manager, dink, dink, dink kind of guy.

Again, get Dak a stud TE and hit the OL to better leverage Zeke.

Yeah I’m still not as high on Ruggs at 17. Get him later after a trade down? Sure.

But lamb and Judy are the top guys to me. Ruggs is a deep threat. That’s about all he’ll do for you. Dallas has no problem throwing down the field as is without a super speedy guy. If you don’t get those top 2 guys then wait and get you a slot guy that’ll do a lot more for you and you can get him later.

Just do not see the reason to spend a first on the 3rd best WR(and I’ve seen people with Jefferson or Reagor in he same area as Ruggs)

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Yeah I’m still not as high on Ruggs at 17. Get him later after a trade down? Sure.

But lamb and Judy are the top guys to me. Ruggs is a deep threat. That’s about all he’ll do for you. Dallas has no problem throwing down the field as is without a super speedy guy. If you don’t get those top 2 guys then wait and get you a slot guy that’ll do a lot more for you and you can get him later.

Just do not see the reason to spend a first on the 3rd best WR(and I’ve seen people with Jefferson or Reagor in he same area as Ruggs)

yeah you have no idea what you’re talking about.  you’re wrong just about everywhere here.  shut the fuck up, drew.