Jump to content
Camelback80

Texas @ Iowa St 1:00 PM on ESPN2

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

I could see a 62-54 type shitfest. Taking the under  @ 132.5. Immediately after hitting submit, I punched myself in the nuts for betting an under. 

Fucking scrubs lighting us up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had we been at full strength, we’d have dominated to the tune of only a 20-point loss. We’re just that good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blotto said:

I could see a 62-54 type shitfest. Taking the under  @ 132.5. Immediately after hitting submit, I punched myself in the nuts for betting an under. 

That walk on 3 at the end. Oh my. Over hits by .5. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before today’s game we were at 72 on kenpom.  If we finish higher than about 90, do we even get a NIT invite?

 

so we would go CBI?  Is that the one that charges a fee?  Decline invitation, or make Shaka pay it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In lieu of the Fire Shaka Smart thread being temporarily offline, I would just like to say that a thorough evaluation of our basketball coaching staff may be in order after the season.  I reserve the right to reverse this after determining the impact injuries had on the final result.  Tough luck and all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CheesePie said:

I wish Shaka would do the right thing and quit

Give me a break.  We were dumb enough to sign him to that ridiculous contract and extension.  He can and should take all our money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Yeah, pull for a 30+ point loss...

Final... 81-52    Texas loss

giphy.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Texas did a pretty good job keeping it close. If we had switched players I think we would have lost 91-52.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

Ramey trying to transfer to ISU before the game is over.  Haha

Sounds good to me. Especially if he takes Shaka with him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Horn80 said:

This is happening because of injuries man, injuries.  

This game did happen because of injuries.  So will losing out on the season.  That doesn't excuse the last 5 years of abysmal offensive basketball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, DeadArmadillo said:

Iowa State had an awful lotta honkies on the court at the end of the game

I saw Awful Lotta Honkies live on 6th street back in the day. They kicked ass then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, SDG said:

Well my under bet hit so today is all bad.  

Fuck, I was wrong.  The only good thing about today is I’m drunk.  18 hours of sleep fourth coming. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And to think, 

 

this is a program that is top 20 in wins all time

and top 30 in winning percentage all time

 

 

and this is arguably our worst stretch of basketball under one coach. Nowhere to go but up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn’t see the “fire Shaka” thread at the top and thought that Texas must have won the game. Then I remembered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I reading that correct, we were outshot 57% to 29%.  You realize how hard it is to shoot half of what your opponent does in conference play?  More turnovers than 2-point field goals.  Only 8 assists and 21 boards for the entire team.  The rebounds are even more surprising when you realize we only shot 29% from the field.  When you shoot that bad, can't you just accidentally grab ten offensive boards?  

One piece of good news, we were 13/17 from the line.  We don't get to that line that often, and we certainly don't shoot 77% well from it at any time.  So hey, we got that going for us...which is nice.  

Wow, we played horribly against a pretty bad ISU team.  Shaka's best chance of making the NIT or CBI is win 2 of the 3 from KSU, OSU, and TCU.  The rest of the games are lost causes.  That would get him to 16-15.  So even if he chokes in the conference tourney (where I still think we could win a game with so many bad teams down here with us), he's still .500 and post-season eligible.  

Which of course only delays inevitable coaching move we need to make.  But I feel bad for so many of these players.  They deserve to get some March hoops under their belt, no matter how bad it is.  If Shaka has a modicum of honor about him, he'll pay the $50,000 CBI entry fee from his own pocket.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Lobo said:

So hey, we got that going for us...which is nice.  

 

Is it, though? If we went 0/17 from the line, players fighting amongst themselves, finger pointing, a coach or 2 loses his temper, maybe Shaka gets fired in ISU's locker room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shaka should be fired today. There is no excuse for being thumped that badly by one of the worst teams in the conference. Shaka is the last remaining stench of the Patterson area and he needs to go ASAP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I could see a 62-54 type shitfest. Taking the under  @ 132.5. Immediately after hitting submit, I punched myself in the nuts for betting an under. 
Ouch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Chad said:

Shaka should be fired today. There is no excuse for being thumped that badly by one of the worst teams in the conference. Shaka is the last remaining stench of the Patterson area and he needs to go ASAP.

not to mention that ISU was already dog shit before they lost their best player/upcoming lottery pick. to lose this badly to a team that bad- inexcusable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ISUCyclones said:

Two terrible teams out there today, woof

ISU played well and looked well coached.   I knew ISU was going to drub us because Smart has to have EVERYTHING going right for us to have a chance to win.  There was no chance of everything going right today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dcar00 said:

ISU played well and looked well coached.   I knew ISU was going to drub us because Smart has to have EVERYTHING going right for us to have a chance to win.  There was no chance of everything going right today.

"Looked".

Were a fucking embarrassment.  Shaka should be walking back via the shoulder of 35.  The Big 12 is a dumpster fire after the top 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ISUCyclones said:

Two terrible teams out there today, woof

Yeah, and we were the one that wanted it less.

A whole lot less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Embarrassing. It’s hard to fathom that Texas with its resources could have hired two such incompetent boobs as CS and Shaka.

Guy ought to be fired before the end of the season just to send a message - that message would read “you are terrible at your job.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tired Horn said:

Yeah, and we were the one that wanted it less.

A whole lot less.

You would think maybe your coach would want to win a game or two so he can get a decent next job, damn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ISUCyclones said:

You would think maybe your coach would want to win a game or two so he can get a decent next job, damn

That’s one way to look at it. Another way is, Shaka has so many millions in guaranteed earnings from Texas that he doesn’t need to ever get a job again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Hmbre97 said:
23 hours ago, Blotto said:
I could see a 62-54 type shitfest. Taking the under  @ 132.5. Immediately after hitting submit, I punched myself in the nuts for betting an under. 

Ouch

Lol isu makes a completely unnecessary 3 pointer while up by 26 with 45 seconds to go, to hit the over at 133. It’s not a last second beat, but it’s a tough one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CDC is gonna can him. In 5 seasons he's shown zero improvement. None. We have no recruits committed for 2020 or 2021. Beyond hilarious at his ineptitude. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

And to think, 

 

this is a program that is top 20 in wins all time

and top 30 in winning percentage all time

 

 

and this is arguably our worst stretch of basketball under one coach. Nowhere to go but up

No. It’s not. Weltlich. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, XYZ said:

That’s one way to look at it. Another way is, Shaka has so many millions in guaranteed earnings from Texas that he doesn’t need to ever get a job again.

Very true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

CDC is gonna can him. In 5 seasons he's shown zero improvement. None. We have no recruits committed for 2020 or 2021. Beyond hilarious at his ineptitude. 

Yeah, that is kinda weird.  For all the conjecture...you don't really hear anybody on either side of the issue discuss that we have zero commitments in the next two classes.  Most programs at this point in February would have at least 2 guys for the current year class (2020) and at least one guy for the class beyond that (2021).  I realize we technically have 12 guys on scholarship right now, so even if you can say with a straight face that all of them will be coming back...that at least warrants one new scholarship player before the end of the academic year.  And if you think all 12 guys are coming back to this shitshow next year, you're playing havoc with your brain.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, that is kinda weird.  For all the conjecture...you don't really hear anybody on either side of the issue discuss that we have zero commitments in the next two classes.  Most programs at this point in February would have at least 2 guys for the current year class (2020) and at least one guy for the class beyond that (2021).  I realize we technically have 12 guys on scholarship right now, so even if you can say with a straight face that all of them will be coming back...that at least warrants one new scholarship player before the end of the academic year.  And if you think all 12 guys are coming back to this shitshow next year, you're playing havoc with your brain.  

Exactly. It's absurdity to think all are coming back, and every year we have a transfer to two. Shaka has literally just said screw it. I mean, it's not like he can win with talent, anyway. Unbelievable, man. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...