Texas @ Iowa St 1:00 PM on ESPN2

Camelback80

Am I reading that correct, we were outshot 57% to 29%.  You realize how hard it is to shoot half of what your opponent does in conference play?  More turnovers than 2-point field goals.  Only 8 assists and 21 boards for the entire team.  The rebounds are even more surprising when you realize we only shot 29% from the field.  When you shoot that bad, can't you just accidentally grab ten offensive boards?  

One piece of good news, we were 13/17 from the line.  We don't get to that line that often, and we certainly don't shoot 77% well from it at any time.  So hey, we got that going for us...which is nice.  

Wow, we played horribly against a pretty bad ISU team.  Shaka's best chance of making the NIT or CBI is win 2 of the 3 from KSU, OSU, and TCU.  The rest of the games are lost causes.  That would get him to 16-15.  So even if he chokes in the conference tourney (where I still think we could win a game with so many bad teams down here with us), he's still .500 and post-season eligible.  

Which of course only delays inevitable coaching move we need to make.  But I feel bad for so many of these players.  They deserve to get some March hoops under their belt, no matter how bad it is.  If Shaka has a modicum of honor about him, he'll pay the $50,000 CBI entry fee from his own pocket.  

48 minutes ago, Chad said:

Shaka should be fired today. There is no excuse for being thumped that badly by one of the worst teams in the conference. Shaka is the last remaining stench of the Patterson area and he needs to go ASAP.

not to mention that ISU was already dog shit before they lost their best player/upcoming lottery pick. to lose this badly to a team that bad- inexcusable. 

2 hours ago, ISUCyclones said:

Two terrible teams out there today, woof

ISU played well and looked well coached.   I knew ISU was going to drub us because Smart has to have EVERYTHING going right for us to have a chance to win.  There was no chance of everything going right today.

3 hours ago, dcar00 said:

ISU played well and looked well coached.   I knew ISU was going to drub us because Smart has to have EVERYTHING going right for us to have a chance to win.  There was no chance of everything going right today.

"Looked".

Were a fucking embarrassment.  Shaka should be walking back via the shoulder of 35.  The Big 12 is a dumpster fire after the top 3.

• Like 1

Embarrassing. It’s hard to fathom that Texas with its resources could have hired two such incompetent boobs as CS and Shaka.

Guy ought to be fired before the end of the season just to send a message - that message would read “you are terrible at your job.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ISUCyclones said:

You would think maybe your coach would want to win a game or two so he can get a decent next job, damn

That’s one way to look at it. Another way is, Shaka has so many millions in guaranteed earnings from Texas that he doesn’t need to ever get a job again.

17 hours ago, Hmbre97 said:
23 hours ago, Blotto said:
I could see a 62-54 type shitfest. Taking the under  @ 132.5. Immediately after hitting submit, I punched myself in the nuts for betting an under. 

Ouch

Lol isu makes a completely unnecessary 3 pointer while up by 26 with 45 seconds to go, to hit the over at 133. It’s not a last second beat, but it’s a tough one. 

9 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

CDC is gonna can him. In 5 seasons he's shown zero improvement. None. We have no recruits committed for 2020 or 2021. Beyond hilarious at his ineptitude. 

Yeah, that is kinda weird.  For all the conjecture...you don't really hear anybody on either side of the issue discuss that we have zero commitments in the next two classes.  Most programs at this point in February would have at least 2 guys for the current year class (2020) and at least one guy for the class beyond that (2021).  I realize we technically have 12 guys on scholarship right now, so even if you can say with a straight face that all of them will be coming back...that at least warrants one new scholarship player before the end of the academic year.  And if you think all 12 guys are coming back to this shitshow next year, you're playing havoc with your brain.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, that is kinda weird.  For all the conjecture...you don't really hear anybody on either side of the issue discuss that we have zero commitments in the next two classes.  Most programs at this point in February would have at least 2 guys for the current year class (2020) and at least one guy for the class beyond that (2021).  I realize we technically have 12 guys on scholarship right now, so even if you can say with a straight face that all of them will be coming back...that at least warrants one new scholarship player before the end of the academic year.  And if you think all 12 guys are coming back to this shitshow next year, you're playing havoc with your brain.  

Exactly. It's absurdity to think all are coming back, and every year we have a transfer to two. Shaka has literally just said screw it. I mean, it's not like he can win with talent, anyway. Unbelievable, man.