The Alamo

Parliament

Guest Lobo

Museum of Texas History cancels talk on book about Texas History.  

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/bob-bullock-texas-history-museum-pulls-out-of-forget-the-alamo-book-event-after-conservative-pressure/

Kind of a weird thing to do since historians and archivists at the Bullock Museum invited these folks to talk about the book.  

For the record---the book has been out for a month and nobody has been able to disprove anything in it despite a well-funded attempt to do so.  I look forward to the protests at the Texas Book Festival when this book is featured.  Kind of shitty when cancel culture comes to our museums.  I'm sure fossil protests are next.  What a fucking embarrassment to our state.  But I know, I know...I'm not a native Texan so I won't understand.  

On 6/25/2021 at 7:02 AM, CooterBrown said:

Mexico has a large amount of Germans in Monterrey. My Mexican ancestors were German. Fish tacos were created in Baja by Japanese Mexicans using tempura recipes. There’s a Chinese community in Tampico. A former employee was a 3rd generation Chinese Mexican. Heck, a dorm neighbor was from Kenya but was Indian. People migrate everywhere.

So is it no longer politically incorrect to ask “so what kind of Mexican are you?”

On 6/25/2021 at 6:23 PM, Cacti said:

I wonder how the Irish and Comanche would have interacted.

It would have involved a lot of whisky. 

Why did God give us whisky? Otherwise the Irish would rule the earth!

Why did the sun never set on the British empire? Because not even God could trust the English!

What a fucking embarrassment to our state.  But I know, I know...I'm not a native Texan so I won't understand.  

No no, you got it fully.

Signed,
Native Texan

*Also buy the book to support free speech and shove Danny Goeb’s snowflakeness right up his ass. It’s pretty good.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Mexico has a large amount of Germans in Monterrey. My Mexican ancestors were German. 

The Lehmann family owned & operated a motel on the north side of town in the 1950s & 60s.
The twin brothers graduated St. Edward’s High School in Austin in 1960 with my older brother.

On 7/4/2021 at 11:47 AM, Chad Fuck said:

No no, you got it fully.

Signed,
Native Texan

*Also buy the book to support free speech and shove Danny Goeb’s snowflakeness right up his ass. It’s pretty good.

For reasons previously discussed on this board in numerous other threads, I disagree with some of the central conclusions of the book.

That being said, I support free speech.  And so I will therefore (1) buy the book and (2) no longer support the Bullock Museum.

• Hook 'Em 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/22/2021 at 7:42 PM, Post Oak said:

Let me know what you think about it

Finished the book awhile back. I thought it was a great read and enjoyed the historical walkthrough of the Alamo story and how it has developed over time. The authors did a great job of describing the issues across different eras. The David Bowie story was pretty cool. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/6/2021 at 9:51 AM, Ghost of LL said:

For reasons previously discussed on this board in numerous other threads, I disagree with some of the central conclusions of the book.

That being said, I support free speech.  And so I will therefore (1) buy the book and (2) no longer support the Bullock Museum.

I find it hard to fault the museum personally. There's a lot of bad government influence in play.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Mexico has a large amount of Germans in Monterrey. My Mexican ancestors were German

necro reply but yup, lots of Germans in Mexico and Argentina. 

Fun fact, the final Emperor of Mexico was an Austrian. Maximilian I.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...