Claim it Texas question

I filed a claim several weeks ago for $900-something. This thread reminded me to check the status. Current status says: “Your claim has been approved and submitted for payment. You should receive a check in 7-10 business days.”

Bernard

I think that stock shares may also show up as $0 because they can't assign a daily value with market changes.

I had that happen once due to a spin-off.  Turned out there were a few shares in my name - wasn't in TX but I'd surmise that if its something like common stock they have no way of putting a dollar figure to it based on market movement.

18 hours ago, HiggyBaby said:

My name and really old address from ‘98 is showing up with a $0.00 claim. Why even list it if it’s a zero dollar claim? Am I missing something here?

Have them mail the funds to me and I will tell you how to proceed from there. 

9 hours ago, Reagan1k said:

I think that stock shares may also show up as $0 because they can't assign a daily value with market changes.

I had that happen once due to a spin-off.  Turned out there were a few shares in my name - wasn't in TX but I'd surmise that if its something like common stock they have no way of putting a dollar figure to it based on market movement.

Instradesting. It is from an old mutual fund. I"ll have to followup on this.

Edited by HiggyBaby

Be prepared to wait for your money.   I've had several mineral rights checks from my mother's former properties fall into the unclaimed property over the past twenty years.  The irony I got a much faster response when mail was the only option to send the supporting documents vs downloading on their portal.

I did have them reach out to me once about one mineral rights check that didn't show up on the portal a few years back.  I don't know if they do this when it's a large amount above  a certain amount, but I was surprised when they did so and very happy when I got that check.  

• blacklab changed the title to Claim it Texas question