6666 Ranch for Sale

RPM

According to The Texas Spur, “Sheridan is the face of the buyer group,” said Middleton, who said that the new owners plan to continue running the working ranch and to offer employment to all employees. “It’s all one deal, 266,000 acres with all three ranches . . . cattle, horses, equipment, furniture, brand, name, everything.”

Sheridan, reached by The Texas Spur through his Los Angeles manager while traveling, said, “I can’t comment on a pending transaction but I will say this: the legacy of the 6666 Ranch and Miss Marion’s vision for the ranch are vital not only to the ranch itself, but the rich heritage of ranching in Texas.”

He added, “This legacy is so important to me I chose to highlight it in the upcoming season of ‘Yellowstone’ and will continue to further the legacy and preserve its operations in a manner consistent with that great vision.”

• Hook 'Em 2

• 8 months later...

It’s done. 

The Four Sixes Ranch, located about 200 miles from Fort Worth, sold for $192.2 million Friday. The ranch, which contains over 142,000 acres, was reportedly purchased by a group led by ”Yellowstone” producer Taylor Sheridan.

Sam Middleton, the owner of Chas S. Middleton and Son Farm-Ranch Sales and Appraisals, confirmed the sale, but said he was unable to comment on any further details regarding the purchase. The Fort Worth Report, citing several anonymous sources, reported the land was sold to “a group led by screenwriter/producer Taylor Sheridan.”

Sheridan, a North Texas native who graduated from Fort Worth’s Paschal High School, debuted the “Yellowstone” prequel streaming show ”1883” in mid-December, which was filmed around the Fort Worth area. The director is expected to create a new spin-off, ”6666,” after the Four Sixes Ranch appeared in season four of “Yellowstone.”

“Founded when Comanches still ruled West Texas, no ranch in America is more steeped in the history of the West than the 6666,” an IMDb summary of the show said. “Still operating as it did two centuries before, and encompassing an entire county, the 6666 is where the rule of law and the laws of nature merge in a place where the most dangerous thing one does is the next thing. The 6666 is synonymous with the merciless endeavor to raise the finest horses and livestock in the world, and ultimately where world class cowboys are born and made.”

The physical property was founded in 1870 by Samuel Burk Burnett and was passed down throughout multiple generations of the family.

Burnett’s great-granddaughter, Anne Burnett Marion, died in February 2020 and the “terms of her will dictated all of her ranching operations would be sold,” the broker’s website said. It was the first time the ranch has been sold.

13 hours ago, deadshank said:

Well thank goodness they got the deal done because fudge nuggets is all for state confiscation if ranch deals can’t be done within 60 days over on the Briscoe Ranch thread.  

I missed the part where the family was squabbling over how to divide it up.  Can you provide a link for the details?

kthxbai 

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Pretty much.

Leave it to morons like this guy, sack and Rex to bite though.

Never said their was a squabbling family.  Can you show me a evidence where I did?  The post was just a poke at you for your grand idea on the Briscoe Ranch thread.  I didn’t know you’re so thin skinned.  

Admit your idea on the other thread was not well thought out, dumb and you refuse to give up on it.   There is no dishonor in saying “ya, that was a goofy idea.”   

Now you’re resorting to calling folks morons and smugly crowing that they bit on it.  Pretty pathetic.  

Do what you gotta do to make yourself feel better.  

57 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Never said their was a squabbling family.  Can you show me a evidence where I did?  The post was just a poke at you for your grand idea on the Briscoe Ranch thread.  I didn’t know you’re so thin skinned.  

Admit your idea on the other thread was not well thought out, dumb and you refuse to give up on it.   There is no dishonor in saying “ya, that was a goofy idea.”   

Now you’re resorting to calling folks morons and smugly crowing that they bit on it.  Pretty pathetic.  

Do what you gotta do to make yourself feel better.  

My premise was rich families that squabble over multi-million dollar properties should work shit out between themselves or else get fucked.  I wanted to know where the family infighting was to see how it applied to the 6666 Ranch case since you erroneously said I wanted the state to take it back.

You don't read so good.

59 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

I think there should be a law that if any family cannot figure out how to divide up a ranch within seven days of the owner passing it should be transferred to me, but they are still on the hook for the tax bill.

I'll bring some beer and chips over and you can show me your new place.

29 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

My premise was rich families that squabble over multi-million dollar properties should work shit out between themselves or else get fucked.  I wanted to know where the family infighting was to see how it applied to the 6666 Ranch case since you erroneously said I wanted the state to take it back.

You don't read so good.

I posted that I was just poking you.  You don't take that too well.  

44 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

You don't read so good.

Would be great leverage for some dickhead family member who was disinherited and otherwise has a factually and legally shitty claim to contest the will.