Yard Help

utexas8

I’m sure there’s a thread for this but couldn’t find any on tapa.

Dogs keep digging. Do I just put dirt in the hole? They are also wearing down the grass by fence line. When I say wearing down, completely gone so trying to bring it back to life.

What should I do, where should I start.

That’s not the dog that’s digging btw lol.

24020ea36a42a5b519d7faf0dc80c9d4.jpg

Nothing you can do about their walking trails. You’re never going to get good grass coverage there. Embrace it. Put down granite or mulch.

As far as holes, I’ll make a lap around the yard with a shovel to pick up some poop, toss it in the hole, then cover with dirt. They won’t dig in that spot again. Of course, if they just dig for the sake of digging (rather than them catching a weird scent in that spot) they’re just going to do it somewhere else.

• Hook 'Em 1

Nothing you can do about their walking trails. You’re never going to get good grass coverage there. Embrace it. Put down granite or mulch.

As far as holes, I’ll make a lap around the yard with a shovel to pick up some poop, toss it in the hole, then cover with dirt. They won’t dig in that spot again. Of course, if they just dig for the sake of digging (rather than them catching a weird scent in that spot) they’re just going to do it somewhere else.

Thank you. I will try that with the holes.

Was thinking about chicken wire but just stops the digging not the walking trails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

This worked best for me too... it took a while.. but I think they finally connected the fact that every spot in the yard contains they poop.  My dog that still like to eat tv remotes also has a nose for finding sprinkler pipes in the yard and would dig down to "let me know where they were located".  By some miracle she only would find them and not eat them. (shrub sprinkler risers and or drip lines are another story)