BYU @ Texas - Wed - Saturday Series Thread

zlavydra

34 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Gus and Augie seemed to do OK playing in the Grand Canyon.  Jury is still out on how Pierce plays his cards ...

Things did get kind of dicey for Augie when they detuned the bats.  That has been compensated for mostly, but not entirely.  And we have never quite recovered, even given that we have never been designed for power.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Things did get kind of dicey for Augie when they detuned the bats.  That has been compensated for mostly, but not entirely.  And we have never quite recovered, even given that we have never been designed for power.

Agree ... the word “power” was the bait for me.  That’s the one element of the game I find mostly irrelevant to our success over many years.

3 hours ago, Fletch said:

Like clockwork. All you do is bitch when we’re losing and you disappear when we win. Oh and your baseball takes are worse than the drunk guy at a game watching party 

When has Texas won under Pierce without Kody Clemens? Certainly wasn't last weekend when the SEC laid waste to this team or in his 2nd season with a 7-16 conference record. He got saved by Covid last season, but if you like mediocre baseball then by all means continue to support the worst coach on campus.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

When has Texas won under Pierce without Kody Clemens? Certainly wasn't last weekend when the SEC laid waste to this team or in his 2nd season with a 7-16 conference record. He got saved by Covid last season, but if you like mediocre baseball then by all means continue to support the worst coach on campus.

We were a cunt hair away from going to the supers his first year here. 2019 fell apart due to injuries. We probably would’ve been pretty good last year but covid. So basically, shut the fuck up

2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

We were a cunt hair away from going to the supers his first year here. 2019 fell apart due to injuries. We probably would’ve been pretty good last year but covid. So basically, shut the fuck up

You mean the year Texas was 2-0 in the regionals only to lose two straight because of their inability to score almost any runs. The same year they were under .500 in conference play? It's fucking hilarious you think a guy that is 35-34 in the Big 12 at Texas is a good coach.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

You mean the year Texas was 2-0 in the regionals only to lose two straight because of their inability to score almost any runs. The same year they were under .500 in conference play? It's fucking hilarious you think a guy that is 35-34 in the Big 12 at Texas is a good coach.

Let’s let the fucking season play out first. Like I’ve been saying for months. Do or die time. Now shit the fuck up 

Edited by Fletch

57 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I think it’s really premature to say worst coach on campus with Shaka here. I don’t know what to make of Pierce. I suspect he might not be the guy but I don’t know for sure. I know Shaka has been wearing makeup, floppy shoes and a massive red Ball on his nose for about 5 years now so I’m not willing, necessarily, to sign off on this claim. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1