Pine Tree Flag and Christian Nationalism

sasquatch69

A csb if you will allow. I have a neighbor flying the American flag upside down over a Trump 2020 flag. Do I have a reason to care about this? Yes, yes I do.

Upside down flag over Gadsden Flag here, my neighbor. See it everyday.
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

why does anyone care about this?

Seems more important than misquoting AOC or than a false hubub over the VP's childrens' book.

There's also this from the article:

While Sheets’ movement and its appropriation of the Pine Tree flag are tied to both extreme political arms of Christianity, Christian Nationalism differs from Christian Dominionism in a few key ways. For one, according to Prof. Hahner of Baylor, the dominionist movement in its current form only became popular recently. “Nationalism is more mainstream, while Dominionism is the deeper belief. Some aspects of Dominionism hold that demons are literally embodying the U.S. left, and that there is a holy war that the right must engage. So, Dominionism and Nationalism have become an à la carte menu that circulates and props up oppressive and genocidal beliefs,” Hahner said.

The bolded would have seemed laugable prior to Obama's election. Then something went very wrong with the US.

I guess it's all Obama's fault.

Edited by RomaVicta

8 minutes ago, 'stache said:

The only part I care about is them co-opting the Gadsen flag. It's bad ass and historical and is now tarnished by these fuckheads. I had never seen this pinetree flag before so I don't really care other than just more evidence that our country is going to shit with these morons holding so much fucking power.

really people shouldn't care about this at all..is this really the biggest thing we should care about?

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

really people shouldn't care about this at all..is this really the biggest thing we should care about?

First they came for the Communists. And I did not speak out. Because I was not a Communist.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Thanks for telling what we should care about.  And that we should only care about the "biggest things."  

Now go fuck yourself. 

Just now, Chad Fuck said:

Thanks for telling what we should care about.  And that we should only care about the "biggest things."  

Now go fuck yourself. 

I don't see a reason we should focus on this.

32 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

First, the "biggest thing" argument is the weakest of the weak, a classic deflection technique from professional complainers. "Why are we fixing parks when the roads are so bad?" "Why are we fixing roads when we need more police?" "Why are we hiring more police when the schools are crumbling?"

Second, considering these people have gone from internet trolls to literally trying to overturn the government and lynch lawmakers, I'd say it's moved up the list of "biggest things" quite substantially. And to be clear since I'm sure you'd deflect yet again, I'm talking less about the flag itself and more about the christian nationalism that played a huge role in the Jan. 6 insurrection.

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 1