2021-2022 Astros Offseason Thread

Planet Houston

54 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

That looks like opening day to me. Best balance/most modern lineup we could put together. 

Yep, Tucker and Alvarez need more ABs than Brantley, who is likely going to get fewer ABs against LHP. So if you give Siri those ABs, the best way to affect the rest in the lineup is move Tucker and Alvarez up in it. Though really all you are really doing is flipping Tucker and Brantley. 

On 3/29/2022 at 11:42 AM, Wulaw Horn said:

@Scipioand I will be giving away seats throughout the year- not altogether certain exactly how many- but we will be giving them out in sets of 2.  

First game available- lets make it a contest...

Guess JV's opening line box score from opening night Thursday April 7th against the Angels.  In order of importance (so it's an eliminator)

Earned runs allowed/IP/K's/hits/walks/# of pitches thrown.  We will eliminate starting with runs- everyone who nails the earned runs will go onto the next category, IP's, anyone left over who nails that we will go on to K's, then hits, then walks, then #pitches thrown.  Closest two people to his box numbers get two tickets each.  Good seats, 25th row down the 3rd base line, half way between the bag and Crawford boxes.

My guess:

2 ER/5 innings/6 K's, 3 hits/2 walks/88 pitches thrown.

Most times we will probably just do a standard drawing or pick a number or something like that- but I want to get a list going of everyone here who is interested in being in the group to have giveaways fro the year.  My guess is we will be giving away somewhere between 25 and 50 pairs of tickets during the course of the season.  And of course- playoff tickets again since that contest seemed to go well.  So, if you want on the list say so after you give your prediction for opening day tickets and you will be on and we will keep you open for future consideration.

For Frambino- 5.2/2ERs/5 Ks/3Bs/93 pitches. You can keep me on the list

Edited by RGBIII
  • Hook 'Em 1