Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

16 minutes ago, bluto said:

I ran through the dozen single gals over there who were under 140# and didn’t have kids, smoke, or have restraining orders.

Come on, man. The ones you need to be talking to are the ones who are in town for work, events, etc and who find local watering holes on weeknights. On the weekends, it's the girls from podunk west Texas towns who are in the "big city" for a weekend. 

Of the latter, many of those might be over 140#, smoke, and have restraining orders. But they didn't bring their kids with them, and you'll never see them again anyway. 

4 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Los Vaqueros > Joe T’s.

Agreed.  Northside location>TCU since they moved off of Berry street and parking sucks at the University location.

Charley's Old Fashioned Hamburgers on Granbury Road is the best burger in town.

• Hook 'Em 2

Yes still cash only. It’s a nice place and your girl will definitely enjoy the atmosphere more than Los Vaqueros, but I think LV food is better and it doesn’t have the hype of Joe T’s so you don’t have to deal with the circus of people and waiting two hours for a table and another hour for your food.

• Hook 'Em 1

I'll second a lot of the recs here...

BBQ - Panther City is my favorite. I like it better than Derek Allan's or Heim. Haven't tried Dayne's yet but hear it's also good.

Sushi - Hatsuyuki (W 7th area) or Shinjuku (Magnolia). Don't care much for Blue Sushi or Sushi Axiom but that's just me.

Burgers - Rodeo Goat, Hopdoddy, Kincaid's, Tommy's... they're all good to me in their own way.

Coffee - Craftworks, Summer Moon, Ascension, Trinity Coffee House

Other spots I like...

Casual - HG Sply, Winslow's, Press Cafe, Salsa Limon, Nonna Tata, Malai Kitchen, Coco Shrimp

Fancier - Ellerbe, Pacific Table, St. Emilion, Paris 7th, Wishbone & Flynt, Provender Hall, Waters, Grace

Good call on waters and grace, had an incredible meal there over holidays. Coco shrimp is good stuff too, really nice folks working there, black cat pizza is near there too. Same pocket has bearded lady, good beer joint with a big fenced yard area.

You’ll also go see 4 day weekend and eat dinner on the rooftop of reata at some point, it just happens. Even though I’ve never been terribly impressed by reata eats. Followed by drinks at Thompson’s or beer on the patio of flying saucer. Those nights were automatic happy endings.

Once covid subsides you’ll have concerts in the garden at the botanical garden, rodeo in Feb, neighborhood concerts on the big lawn off magnolia, Oktoberfest shit show, magnolia street fair, Main Street art fest, and a hoge poge of A and B level acts/events at dickies arena.

And as for the shadow shit talking (get back to creeping young girls ‘grams), almost every girl I dated that wasn’t a FW lifer gtfo’d to Dallas or beyond after a year or two there.

Damn, this dude’s a pretty big name around here. Fucked his life up. 

It was supposed to be a night of celebration as Justin Frazell, his family and others attended a New Year’s Eve party at his Mansfield home.

But a teenage girl at the party told Mansfield police that Frazell sexually assaulted her in a bedroom just after he had given her an alcoholic drink, according to a warrant.

The girl said Frazell left the bedroom but he later returned and tried to comfort her before she called a relative to come pick her up from the Mansfield house, the warrant states.

Frazell, a longtime radio personality at Fort Worth’s KFWR 95.9 The Ranch, was arrested last week and faces a charge of sexual assault, according to the warrant released by Mansfield police on Monday. 

Frazell, 47, was booked into the Tarrant County Jail on March 24, and released a few minutes later.

The Mansfield resident could not be reached Monday for comment.

Following his arrest, Frazell, a morning radio host, was fired, according to a statement released by the radio station about 5:30 p.m. Monday.

“Based on additional information that has come to our attention, 95.9 The Ranch has terminated its relationship with Justin Frazell, effective immediately,” the statement said.

“It is with great concern that we have learned of a serious legal matter involving Justin Frazell, who has been booked on sexual assault charges in Tarrant County, TX,” the station said in another statement announcing his suspension earlier Monday. “While the matter is entirely unrelated to his work here at 95.9 The Ranch and does not involve any of our other colleagues, we nevertheless concluded that given the seriousness of the matter it was appropriate to suspend Justin immediately. We trust that our legal system will provide due process and produce a just result for all involved. In the meantime, we ask that they be given space and privacy during this difficult time.”

Heather Anderson will continue as host of the morning show as she has since 2019, the statement said.

The warrant written by Mansfield Detective S. Peacock gave this brief account of the allegations:

Several people were at Frazell’s Mansfield home on New Year’s Eve for the celebration.

Adults were there along with teens who were allowed to drink, according to the warrant. Children also were at the home.

The teens were hanging out in a bedroom when one of them was left alone in one of the rooms. That girl began to FaceTime with a friend, which lasted for hours. Her parents left the party, but she was allowed to stay overnight.

At some point, Frazell entered the room, gave her a drink and said, “This is between us. Don’t say I never do anything for you,” according to the warrant. She drank a little of the Whiteclaw (an alcoholic seltzer).

She fell asleep, but the girl told Mansfield police Frazell pulled off the blankets and committed sex acts on her without her consent, the warrant states.

Frazell stopped when he heard a child at a bathroom.

Frazell went to the door and told the child that he was in the bedroom checking on the girl.

He then left the bedroom, and the girl began texting relatives at about 5 a.m. on Jan. 1, trying to reach someone to come get her from the home.

She reached a relative, and the girl started crying. Someone in the home heard her and Frazell came back to the room, checking on her.

The girl told Frazell to leave her alone as he repeatedly tried to comfort her.

The girl’s relative arrived and the teen left, making an outcry when she arrived back at her home. Her parents called Mansfield police on the morning of Jan. 1.

After police conducted several interviews with witnesses and received DNA results earlier this month, a warrant was issued last week for Frazell’s arrest.

Frazell began his radio career in 1996 at 570 KLIF in Dallas, and then was the air traffic reporter in 1998 for 99.5 The Wolf, according to The Ranch’s website.

He began a weekly radio show at KFWR 95.9 in 2000 and has hosted weekday morning shows since 2009.

Frazell is married with two children. The couple started two charitable events for Cook Children’s Medical Center NICU unit in Fort Worth after their two children were born premature.

For the last eight years, Frazell has won several regional and national radio awards.

4 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

And Turkey putting Hopdoddy in front of Kincaids and then putting both in front of Fred’s...aye caramba

I probably eat Kincaid's the most out of that group, but probably enjoy Rodeo Goat the most, especially if weather is good and can sit on the patio. Not sure I intended them in that particular order.

I probably eat Kincaid's the most out of that group, but probably enjoy Rodeo Goat the most, especially if weather is good and can sit on the patio. Not sure I intended them in that particular order.

It didn’t last long, but on Crockett across the street from LA fitness was a joint called Brewster’s. Terrible service and half of their beer inventory was out of stock, but the burger was damn good. Not sure they lasted 6 months and that spot changed several times before becoming an Internet cafe a few years ago

4 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

That said is Joe Ts worth the hype? Obviously an institution and can see worse places to eat outside on a nice day, but food wise.

If it was about the food, you could go to Esperanza's on Park Place since they serve the exact same meals as Joe T's.  It's all about the atmosphere-go there once and then go to Los Vaqueros for the food from then on.

3 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

Kincaid’s is great, eat there for lunch fairly often. I’m not a fan of Rodeo Goat.

Best burger in town for me right now is M&O Station Grill down the block from Target on West 7th. Absolutely amazing burger. 

Don't forget Dutch’s. They’ve got a great burger as well. Spring is here, and the people watching there is fun; coed’s are out in force now. 

3 hours ago, DeepEastTexas said:

Kincaid’s is great, eat there for lunch fairly often. I’m not a fan of Rodeo Goat.

Best burger in town for me right now is M&O Station Grill down the block from Target on West 7th. Absolutely amazing burger. 

Don't forget Dutch’s. They’ve got a great burger as well. Spring is here, and the people watching there is fun; coed’s are out in force now. 

M&O is damn good, as is Charley's which someone called out above. 

I don't get Hopdoddy at all. Boring burgers for boring people. 

8 hours ago, DeepEastTexas said:

I've been needing to try M&O. It's about a mile from my house so nice to hear that it's good. I'm hoping that entire area builds up more.

6 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

Yall ever eat at Carshon's? Gotta be just about the least healthy lunches I ever had, but there are worse places to grab a sammich and pie

Oh yeah.  On Thursdays (I think, could be Fridays) they have a killer Coconut Pie.  Sandwiches are okay too, but the pies are outstanding.

7 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

Yall ever eat at Carshon's? Gotta be just about the least healthy lunches I ever had, but there are worse places to grab a sammich and pie

Hell YEAH!!  Only place I have ever found that serves a chocolate pie like my mom used to make-with warm chocolate filling.  Cash only but another of the one and only one type places that make Cowtown special.

9 hours ago, DeepEastTexas said:

Been there a couple of times and just can't get into it.  It does seem to have a bit of a cult following so maybe it's just me.

Griff's is damn good especially for the price. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Is little Lilly sushi still around? Had it a few times pre fire but never went back, was pretty good stuff.

Always heard Cannon Chinese was great, never been personally, but no mention of it on the recent recs and it’s a south side location.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Been there a couple of times and just can't get into it.  It does seem to have a bit of a cult following so maybe it's just me.

Griff's is damn good especially for the price. 

If you think that Griff’s is “damn” good, then yeah, M&O ain’t for you. Neither is Kincaid’s, Dutch’s, Fred’s, or Tommy’s. Really, any good burger joint.

Griff’s is awful. It’s a low grade Dairy Queen knock off. It’s cheap, I’ll give you that, but you definitely get what you pay for. 

Life is too short to suffer through a low quality, little known franchise burger. 

Everybody's sleeping on the burgers at Swiss Pastry.

Speaking of which, how early do I have to call in an order for one of their black forest cakes? I have family coming into town in a couple of weeks and I have a couple of folks who need to try that shit. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Everybody's sleeping on the burgers at Swiss Pastry.

Speaking of which, how early do I have to call in an order for one of their black forest cakes? I have family coming into town in a couple of weeks and I have a couple of folks who need to try that shit. 

Swiss Pastry has an excellent burger. Unfortunately, they closed the restaurant during the pandemic, and the bakery was all that was open. They might have re-opened, but for most of the past year, it was shut down.

The Black Forest cake is awesome, and you should be able to get it with a couple of days notice. 

3 hours ago, DeepEastTexas said:

If you think that Griff’s is “damn” good, then yeah, M&O ain’t for you. Neither is Kincaid’s, Dutch’s, Fred’s, or Tommy’s. Really, any good burger joint.

Griff’s is awful. It’s a low grade Dairy Queen knock off. It’s cheap, I’ll give you that, but you definitely get what you pay for. 

Life is too short to suffer through a low quality, little known franchise burger. 

Griff’s is a deep fried indulgence and I have no qualms about going there.  I eat at Fred’s and Kincaid’s often and like both of them (although Fred’s has become rather pricey). Both are more high dollar than Griff’s but I still like Griffs just like I still like WhataBurger.  

I have never tried Dutch’s or Tommy’s.

The Rodeo Goat is still my favorite. 

Navajo Burger on Navajo Trail by Lake Worth is a good burger as well.  It used to be a Tommy's Burger, but switched over several years ago.  They got kinda pricey for a gas station burger, and their fries went to shit when they changed suppliers, but the burger remained good. 

The Tommy's Burger next to Ridglea Mall is really good, as is the one on Camp Bowie close to Uncle Julio's. 

27 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Griff’s is a deep fried indulgence and I have no qualms about going there.  I eat at Fred’s and Kincaid’s often and like both of them (although Fred’s has become rather pricey). Both are more high dollar than Griff’s but I still like Griffs just like I still like WhataBurger.  

I have never tried Dutch’s or Tommy’s.

The Rodeo Goat is still my favorite. 

I'm right there with you on Griff's.

• Hook 'Em 1

I eat at Kincaid's frequently, it is a great, reliable burger joint.  I only tried Rodeo Goat once, it is more of a fancy/gourmet burger joint  (I'm talking about ingredients, not atmosphere), but the quality of their burger was really good.  I would recommend both but to me they compete in different spaces.  Yes, they both serve burgers, but that is like saying Mamas and Zolis both serve pizza.

6 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

And this is for @TornACL

I have been watching the renovations closely when I drive down University. 

In related University news, I see that Bankhead Brewing has replaced all the signage at the old Deep Ellum spot, so that is progressing nicely.

And I still have no idea what the building at the old Dickeys BBQ lot will be. Two stories, two lane drive thru. 

Why can’t banks just get together and cohabitate in one strip center. Stop blighting a half dozen parcels in a half mile radius with bullshit that only olds use on any type of regular basis and provides no utility on weekends.

On 4/1/2021 at 8:55 AM, TornACL said:

Just what the area needed, another bank! I believe that makes 473 banks within a 2 mile radius. 

Maybe the banks and mega churches could be combined and solve this problem, since both are in the money business.

• Hook 'Em 1