Christmas Albums

Horn_Spanker

I'm always on the lookout for less traditional Christmas songs to add to my very limited playlist from, such as:

Punky

Hip hoppy

Interesting covers of prior Christmas songs

A majority of these being found via Robert Wilonsky's great Christmas Eve night music show broadcast each year here in Dallas on The Ticket radio station.

• Like 1

I'm sort of a minor aficionado of rock related Christmas music.Over the years I have made several compilations of Christmas songs that don't suck. There are quite a few decent songs, but mostly stuff you probably haven't heard, some by bands you probably haven't heard of.

But there are some legit grooves on this album.

51HQY8et8HL.jpg

Edited by DougO
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, noharleyyet said:

Pre-cray fat Mariah....

I had a friend in hs who said, "If Mariah Carey had a dick, I'd suck it for eight hours if I could lick her pussy for eight minutes."  Do not ask me why it was eight whatever, or how this theoretical Mariah became a hermaphrodite. 

He's an attorney of questionable repute in LA now. 

1 hour ago, Chad Fuck said:

I had a friend in hs who said, "If Mariah Carey had a dick, I'd suck it for eight hours if I could lick her pussy for eight minutes."  Do not ask me why it was eight whatever, or how this theoretical Mariah became a hermaphrodite. 

He's an attorney of questionable repute in LA now. 

...fee nomenclature akin to; "I'd like to screw her."  Respondent: "Out of what."

• Like 1

On 11/21/2018 at 8:50 PM, DougO said:

I'm sort of a minor aficionado of rock related Christmas music.Over the years I have made several compilations of Christmas songs that don't suck. There are quite a few decent songs, but mostly stuff you probably haven't heard, some by bands you probably haven't heard of.

But there are some legit grooves on this album.

51HQY8et8HL.jpg

On 10/14/2018 at 4:44 PM, Horn_Spanker said:

I've always thought that when an artist produces a Christmas album, they've jumped the shark.  Today I see Eric Clapton has a new album out called Happy Xmas.  Sad day.

I’m kinda digging it. It’s fitting in well with my holiday music stash. 

I found Jim Reeves' album on vinyl a few years ago and it is great.  My dad played the shit out of it every year.   Here a couple of gems from it that don't appear on almost any other album (the first is a little racist, but so good!)

and my his merry christmas polka is just amazing.  My kids are obsessed with it:

On 12/2/2018 at 2:11 PM, Druggist said:

I found Jim Reeves' album on vinyl a few years ago and it is great.  My dad played the shit out of it every year.   Here a couple of gems from it that don't appear on almost any other album (the first is a little racist, but so good!)

and my his merry christmas polka is just amazing.  My kids are obsessed with it:

Ha!  I do a polka podcast and always lead off my December show with that Jim Reeves Christmas polka.  Usually.  I've used this one once or twice as well, pretty kitschy...

• Like 1