Patricio Swayze

Shall we talk about heavy music?

Can't get into GA bands Cloak and Norma Jean, but I am going to see the Slayer Killology movie tonight in at the Roswell Movie Tavern.

Anyone going to Pigface on Monday at Elysium?  Lamb of God frontman Randy Blythe is going to be with them.  Danny Carey was for a few shows too, but he's not making this one.  Still should be wild.

Saw Power Trip open for High on Fire two weeks ago. So blown away by Power Trip that I said "fuck it" after 4 HOF songs.  They just didn't measure up.  Devil Master was cool as well.

14 hours ago, zlavydra said:

Saw Power Trip open for High on Fire two weeks ago. So blown away by Power Trip that I said "fuck it" after 4 HOF songs.  They just didn't measure up.  Devil Master was cool as well.

Ya I've seen Power Trip like 8/9 times now, only 3/4 from the latest album, they always kill it.  Devil Master took a while listening for me to get into.

On 11/22/2019 at 9:51 PM, Dark Horse said:

I don’t fuck around with extreme grind? (or whatever the fuck this is called), but the video is cracking my shit up. 

Absolutely Outstanding video.  Sound like Cattle Decapitation.

I'm really enjoying new Cattle Decapitation man - I know people usually don't like when bands add clean vocals but I think Travis Ryan does it right. 

On 12/7/2019 at 8:39 AM, Istian said:

I'm really enjoying new Cattle Decapitation man - I know people usually don't like when bands add clean vocals but I think Travis Ryan does it right. 

It's very good.  The BangerTV review is hilarious, I hadn't hear of goblin singing before that, but it makes complete sense and that's all I can think of it now.

Kinda hated this band on first listen but now I'm really digging it.  Drummer is nails, they sound like they are heavily influenced only by 90s Metallica, and the singer sounds like the Machinehead singer's clone.

Anyone going to the Evil Beat festival in Dallas on January 11? Carcass is headlining, with "support" from Power Trip, VIO-LENCE!, Razor, Deafheaven and a bunch of others.  I'm seriously considering flying in from Atlanta.  

Spirit Adrift is a band I keep seeing show up on lots of Metal Album of the Year lists. Reminds me a lot of the The Sword. Definite Ozzy/Priest/Maiden vibes with a heavier, doomy-ier sound, IMO. Ending riff that starts at 3:55 is my cup o' tea. 

Full album streaming here, have yet to skip a song: https://spiritadrift.bandcamp.com/

Interesting side-note: The frontman of Spirit Adrift is also the lead guitarist of death metal band, Gatecreeper, which also got a lot recognition this past year. He played all instruments except drums on the album. Pretty sure that's the lead singer of Gatecreeper playing bass in the video. 

Edited by Storm the Field

Every time I see this thread title I can’t help but think of Silver Bullet Band live:

When you got a headache
A little headache powder will help you

When you got a backache
Go down To John R. & Brush and a massage parlor will take care of you.

I guess I'm in a mood where I'm really digging new bands' takes on the classic 80's metal sound. Saw this video on Metal Injection's weekly highlights that came out every Friday morning (great source to find new metal btw.) Ended up listening to the entire album and started another that was released just last year.

Sounds like if Maiden wrote songs that ultimately appeared on  Ozzy's Bark at the Moon or Ultimate Sin albums.

Edited by Storm the Field