2019 Tampa Bay Rays Thread

Fawesome

On 7/22/2019 at 5:45 PM, BigOrange1 said:

i thought it was just the division winners make the playoffs as the 1 and 2 seed and spots 3-6 were the next best teams regardless of division?

This. Division winners get byes. 3-6 is next top 4 records, regardless of division.

There have been more shitty, awful, one sided trades this year than in all other seasons of this league combined, and of course i speak from experience having given up two or three of them myself. looking back at some of the big trades this year will make you cringe. unless you're hg and you're receiving half of them. but for the rest of us...oof.

57 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

There have been more shitty, awful, one sided trades this year than in all other seasons of this league combined, and of course i speak from experience having given up two or three of them myself. looking back at some of the big trades this year will make you cringe. unless you're hg and you're receiving half of them. but for the rest of us...oof.

while potentially true on an anecdotal level, i have traded away plenty of talent:

-meadows was crushing it for a month after i traded him, and i dropped the player i got in return

-devers hasn't really slowed down since early may

-altuve has actually rebounded in a pretty ridiculous way (i didn't think he would)

-soroka and paddack are rookies, but have been steady

-several closers i traded have continued to be great (yates and shane greene are top 10 closers, yates is #1 on pr for rp)

-soler is having a career year

-brandon lowe was having a great season but got injured

maybe i'm just accumulating talent and leveraging it to help my team...

sure, you've given up some talent, but with these juiced balls and record breaking k rates there's more talent out there than i've ever seen. but let me ask you this: did you ever trade away Charlie Blackmon and Max Kepler for Victor Robles and Caleb Smith who both immediately got hurt? did ya? Did you drunkenly trade Josh Hader, Pat Corbin, Lo Cain and DiDi Gregorious for Marcel Ozuna (who would go in to fracture all his fingers two weeks later? Well, did ya? 

Edited by Goo Punch

35 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

sure, you've given up some talent, but with these juiced balls and record breaking k rates there's more talent out there than i've ever seen. but let me ask you this: did you ever trade away Charlie Blackmon and Max Kepler for Victor Robles and Caleb Smith who both immediately got hurt? did ya? Did you drunkenly trade Josh Hader, Pat Corbin, Lo Cain and DiDi Gregorious for Marcel Ozuna (who would go in to fracture all his fingers two weeks later? Well, did ya? 

yes.

now what?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

Don't forget about Domingo German for JA Happ

3 weeks left in the season. Playoff standings if the season ended today:

Division Winners and Wildcard Byes

1. Killer B's

2. Jack Parkman

Wildcard One Week Playoff:

3. Two Ankle Bracelets vs 6. Inverted Swingers

4. Fart Knockers vs. 5. Killing Me Smalls

It appears if you get close to .500 you could make the playoffs. Good luck ladies. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fawesome said:

3 weeks left in the season. Playoff standings if the season ended today:

1. Killer B's

2. Jack Parkman

3. Two Ankle Bracelets vs 6. Inverted Swingers

4. Fart Knockers vs. 5. Killing Me Smalls

It appears if you get close to .500 you could make the playoffs. Good luck ladies. 

Final two weeks of the season. Playoff standings if the season ended today:

1. Killer B's

2. Jack Parkman

Byes seem pretty locked in barring something crazy.

3. Two Ankle Bracelets vs 6. Killing Me Smalls

4. Fart Knockers vs. 5. Inverted Swingers

Fart Knockers have closed the gap on the 3 seed and despite a pitiful week, BigO still hangs on to the 6th and final spot. 

D,

I have received your recent communication regarding a multi-person trade and have truly considered its ramifications. To review you offered the following:

Mike Trout, LAA CF
Zac Gallen, Ari SP
German Marquez, Col SP

for

Luis Castillo, Cin SP
Kyle Hendricks, ChC SP
Bryce Harper, Phi RF
Jose Berrios, Min SP

While having more pitchers might look appealing to some, it will not really do anything favorable for me given my current status as comparable to that of a Yemeni male prostitute with a bad case of the herp, i.e. dead last if you dont consider Steamed Hammels (sic) who was doomed by the spelling error before the season even started.   Furthermore, while Trout continues to have s superb season, even his over 300 average he could not make any difference when the rest of my team bats like a 5 year old amputee/cancer survivor. Additionally, I'v become rather fond of Bryce for some reason. Call me sentimental. 

I'm answering here because the app seems to have shit itself, kinda like my team.  I am afraid I must humbly decline. 

With hopes and prayers for a continued successful season for you and yours.  Say hello to Karen and the kids for me. 

Beer. 

• Like 2

welp, i'm out. this'll be the best team i've had in this league that didn't make the playoffs. if i had managed my team better in the early going i'd be in the playoffs with a pretty damn potent offense that's gotten really hot during the second half. instead, i managed my team like a complete and total fuck head, got myself way behind the 8 ball early on (2-21-1 in weeks 2 and 3, and no that's not a misprint), tried to make some hail mary trades to get back in it, and now my season is effectively over.

with that said, good luck to whichever of you jabronis makes the playoffs. my prediction- HG over Fawesome 6-5-1, should they end up on opposing sides of the bracket. other than that

• Like 1

welp, i'm out. this'll be the best team i've had in this league that didn't make the playoffs. if i had managed my team better in the early going i'd be in the playoffs with a pretty damn potent offense that's gotten really hot during the second half. instead, i managed my team like a complete and total fuck head, got myself way behind the 8 ball early on (2-21-1 in weeks 2 and 3, and no that's not a misprint), tried to make some hail mary trades to get back in it, and now my season is effectively over.
with that said, good luck to whichever of you jabronis makes the playoffs. my prediction- HG over Fawesome 6-5-1, should they end up on opposing sides of the bracket. other than that

Don’t know why you’re throwing in the towel. Only 2 games out of the last wild card spot.