ABGB vs PHP

dingleberryswitzer

ABGB vs PHP  

37 members have voted

1. 1. ABGB vs pho

• ABGB
    • PhP
    • Something really cool that I don't even know about.

20 minutes ago, Damor said:

I'm in Austin for a conference this weekend and haven't been to ABGB -- will they have the game on Saturday night, or should I save ABGB for Sunday and find another place to watch the game (like, maybe, the game)?

Hmm . . . don't recall seeing any TVs there last night, but maybe some of the ABGB pros on this thread can correct me.

Thanks, I'll save ABGB for Sunday.  I've been wanting to try it for a long time.

Like the St. Elmo idea, any other good spots (not necessarily breweries) for game watching around downtown?  Dumb OT question, I know, but I'm rarely around those parts these days.

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Somehow just seeing this thread, but for those of you giving the pizza rolls love at PHP, thanks.  I may have had a hand in that recipe.

Sweet!  They're really good.  So are the salads.  For lunch I often get the pizza roll/pinthouse salad combo, and a beer.

59 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Somehow just seeing this thread, but for those of you giving the pizza rolls love at PHP, thanks.  I may have had a hand in that recipe.

If you did . . . why are they seemingly much better than the pizza?  Same dough, same sauce, right?

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

If you did . . . why are they seemingly much better than the pizza?  Same dough, same sauce, right?

Same dough, but it's stretched waaaaay thinner, which makes it cook differently.  Then the ratio of cheese to pepperoni is key too.  It's actually the recipe I learned at Pizza Classics on Wells Branch back in the day.