RPM

Deadliest Catch Season 15

I’m watching the Monte - Harry Lewis opie season on the Wizard. Harry annoying the shit out of Monte is good stuff. Trains, Planes, and Automobiles like dynamic. Will Monte invite Harry over for Thanksgiving Dinner? 

Yeah they really should stop with the junior is in debt half a million, or any other financial doomsday shit. There’s a ton of money in the industry. It takes millions to buy a boat, it takes millions to maintain a boat, and the payout is millions. Now that it’s quota and not derby for these fisheries, the risk is mitigated a good deal. And if you burn through 20k of extra bait and fuel to get your quota it’s a drop in the bucket of the overall financials. And you can always cod fish or berdai or any number of other fisheries to bring revenue to a boat that is short, as bill and Sean and others have been shown doing here and there. 

the drama is the effort to get the crab, not the financial ramifications of the boat owners. 

I’m watching the season that aired in 2012. The stuff with Elliott and his ex/kids is pretty tough to watch. That said, Elliott should have appeared in person with an attorney at his ex’s restraining order hearing. Dialing into a court hearing seems doomed to fail. 

Also he shouldn’t have called her every 5 seconds for 14 hours straight. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

4 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I saw parts of the two-hour season finale of that one the other night, all kinds of shit happened. 

They had really bad ice flows all of opie season, so bad that most boats shut down for 3 weeks waiting for the ice to clear. But it was still a good year to be on the Wizard. Deckhands made $151k during opie season. I can’t imagine what that goofy bastard Lynn did with a check for 151 grand. 

King Season was interesting too. The survey cut their quotas in half so Junior, Keith, and Elliott had to go chase blue crab up north. Junior appeared to be the only captain that had a good blue crab season. 

7 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Was wondering when ‘Rona was gonna make an appearance. 

2-hour season finale next week, looks pretty good. 

I wish they’d shed some light on what the date is for each episode. Based on Sig’s recounting of the Seattle news, I assume the show is taking place in late February 2020.

Kind of a jerk move by Josh to leave Casey to catch 11k pounds of opies, but he’ll probably get home before the COVID stuff hits the fan. The rest of the fleet might not be so lucky. 

Jake might be screwed. I believe he had 126k pounds to catch with 3 greenhorns on deck while pulling blanks in the last episode. I could see him being at sea another 3-4 weeks. It could be a real pain in the ass for him to get home. 

Theres generally a six month or so lag time on these shows.

If I recall Casey was at the airport and made the audible to Hawaii since he knew they were going to be sick for awhile.

3 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I wish they’d shed some light on what the date is for each episode. Based on Sig’s recounting of the Seattle news, I assume the show is taking place in late February 2020.

Kind of a jerk move by Josh to leave Casey to catch 11k pounds of opies, but he’ll probably get home before the COVID stuff hits the fan. The rest of the fleet might not be so lucky. 

Jake might be screwed. I believe he had 126k pounds to catch with 3 greenhorns on deck while pulling blanks in the last episode. I could see him being at sea another 3-4 weeks. It could be a real pain in the ass for him to get home. 

Am I the only one that hits pause when they show close ups of their electronics?  The dates are usually Dec-Feb but I'm sure they get jumbled up during editing.

No, I think that is her full sister.  Sig only has one other daughter that is their half sister, but she is estranged.

Edited by kevwun

I was a little surprised they still speak Norwegian. Sig and Edgar and Norman are third generation American iirc. And not only does he still understand Norwegian, he married someone that speaks it as well. 

Mandy is not sigs blood daughter. She also needs to lay off the meth.

Sig lives in a Norwegian enclave within Seattle that still speaks the language.

I didn't know that either, but she lost a baby last year apparently .  Might have to do with that.

Edited by kevwun