Deadliest Catch Season 15

RPM

So someone here may know more definite and I could be way off on this one, but i call bullshit on them shutting down the fishing for 2 years because "if they don't catch the quota the fish and game may decide there isn't enough in the fisheries."

Maybe under normal circumstances with full boat alottment out there that would be the case, but I would think they will realize the amount caught is lower because of fucking covid times.

Gotta create that drama.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Scraps said:

So someone here may know more definite and I could be way off on this one, but i call bullshit on them shutting down the fishing for 2 years because "if they don't catch the quota the fish and game may decide there isn't enough in the fisheries."

Maybe under normal circumstances with full boat alottment out there that would be the case, but I would think they will realize the amount caught is lower because of fucking covid times.

Gotta create that drama.

Funny we didn’t hear the same during the GOP-controlled govt shutdown in 2019. 

18 hours ago, Scraps said:

Gotta create that drama.

100% agree.  Swamp People does the same thing.  Every season there's a major crisis.

22 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

That’s not the real mom of the 25 year old daughter is it, they made you think it was then not so much so idk?  

Yeah, zero chance, she was WAY too calm. If that was her 4-year old granddaughter in danger, shit would have hit the fan. 

They should send Mandy to run the Lady A. 

I figured last season's "war with Russia" was the most absurd storyline they could create. Then this year they had the "the fishery will dissappear without John Hilstrand!" 

But no, we top that off with Sig, Keith, etc. all acting as if Josh is the best fisherman ever and knows all the secrets and is the key to finding crab. Fuck off, producers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Did some googling and the crab fisherman were trying to get Bairdi season extended back in April because they had only caught 46% of the fleet quota and the season was closing soon.  They got told no.  

But o was told Josh Harris singlehandedly was saving an entire fishery?

52 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

After Keith picked up supplies from F/V Discovery Channel, a segment they aired no less, the show lost any semblance of reality. 

You mean one of the filming ships being close by and having a spare part and giving it to them so they don’t sink was the breaking point?  Of course they have a couple filming ships how else did you think they got footage of the boats fishing?  If you did know then are they suppose to just film the boat sink?  So many questions with that being the breaking point.   It’s drama (egged on or created) and editing what they want you see that’s fake.  

14 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

You mean one of the filming ships being close by and having a spare part and giving it to them so they don’t sink was the breaking point?  Of course they have a couple filming ships how else did you think they got footage of the boats fishing?  If you did know then are they suppose to just film the boat sink?  So many questions with that being the breaking point.   It’s drama (egged on or created) and editing what they want you see that’s fake.  

He got a bilge pump from a film boat, but he also got bait.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Does Harley ever find his own spot to fish?! Every year all he does is set next to someone who is doing good, he seems like he’s terrible at crabbing.  

He runs the (iirc) 2nd largest crab boat in Alaska and runs it for Trident. He knows what he's doing, DC editing be damned. 

1 hour ago, The Ace of Aces said:

He runs the (iirc) 2nd largest crab boat in Alaska and runs it for Trident. He knows what he's doing, DC editing be damned. 

They all work for Trident. Casey's Dad is a bigshot for them. They all do what they're told and put on scripted drama between boats to make a TV show. Pretty sure that's why Andy left the show. He has FU money. This season got so bad I stopped watching 2 or 3 episodes ago.

Edited by RPM

5 hours ago, RPM said:

They all work for Trident. Casey's Dad is a bigshot for them. They all do what they're told and put on scripted drama between boats to make a TV show. Pretty sure that's why Andy left the show. He has FU money. This season got so bad I stopped watching 2 or 3 episodes ago.

He's a little different because Southern Wind's a straight-up Trident company-owned boat. He's just an employed captain of the corporation, not a independent owner (or part of a group) like the rest. 

Edited by The Ace of Aces

Man Wild Bill getting the news of Nick right before flying to the harbor that sucks!  Why in the hell is he fishing cod instead of crab at the start of the winter season?  That can’t be near the same kinda money.  Seeing how happy Sig was when Mandy came back was awesome.  Johnathan hires a def and blind in one eye guy with a bad attitude lol.  

Man Wild Bill getting the news of Nick right before flying to the harbor that sucks!  Why in the hell is he fishing cod instead of crab at the start of the winter season?  That can’t be near the same kinda money.  Seeing how happy Sig was when Mandy came back was awesome.  Johnathan hires a def and blind in one eye guy with a bad attitude lol.  
Because the crab quota will still be there when cod is done. There are boats that fish cod every year.

3 hours ago, Nole-4-Life said:

Watching Bill all choked up over Nick when he's pretty much shit on his own son makes me want to strangle that asshole.

Imagine what his son felt watching it.  Even if he doesn't watch the show, I'm sure that has been passed along to him.

Imagine what his son felt watching it.  Even if he doesn't watch the show, I'm sure that has been passed along to him.

Yep. Poor kids mom must have pissed off bill big time for him to still be such a dick to his own kid. Very sad.
  • Hook 'Em 1