RPM

Deadliest Catch Season 15

I know part of it’s editing, but Bill sure does seem to pull more blanks than all the others combined. 

Can’t imagine how nervous the camera crew is during Junior’s struggles. 

Should have been a longer episode instead of a Scandies Rose replay at 9. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ss13 said:

I know part of it’s editing, but Bill sure does seem to pull more blanks than all the others combined. 

Out of Coast Guard helicopter range with Junior skippering the boat would make anybody nervous. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

14 hours ago, ss13 said:

Yeah that shit would be nerve wracking. Lucky that camera boat had an extra pump.

Is the Lady Alaska just a piece of shit? A breakdown and a leak right off the bat?

Posted (edited)

Uh I'm sure Junior personally did a full inspection of a boat that had been sitting for 10 years before he bought it. He doesn't call himself The Legend for nothing.

Meanwhile in Kodiak, the guy at Nootaikok's Used Boats can't believe he finally moved that old clunker out back.

Want to add it looks like the problem was a closed sump valve. The overflow they showed coming out of the hull was not coming from the dinky little sump pump they transferred. They needed a peri jet eductor. The fact they didn't have one onboard shows just how incompetent The Legend is.

A peri jet eductor is a cheap efficient pump that works off your fire/or any other pumped water supply. They move twice as much water than you pump via syphon.

fZiwjsMXbsPGuDUvLeTcATHzkkv7IwQmkvfsJ1T6

I didn't know it was legal to set sail in a commercial vessel with out one. That little pump they transferred had a garden hose discharge, it wasn't pumping shit.

The Legend has bought a leaky pig in a poke, as is. Now he's finding trash in the fuel tanks, faulty pumps, closed valves (still hasn't found the source of the leak) and he's venture way out of rescue range. What more proof do you need to know that is guy is a complete moran?

Stork.jpg

Edited by RPM

I find it hard to believe that Harley would have a single friend or ally in the entire fleet.  Does that cocksucker ever find crab without potlicking off of somebody else?

3 hours ago, Lat22 said:

I find it hard to believe that Harley would have a single friend or ally in the entire fleet.  Does that cocksucker ever find crab without potlicking off of somebody else?

Hard to believe Harley hasn't been called out big time by another captain. Maybe I missed it. He's an ass.

How much time did Harley really waste? If he put down 20 prospect pots and pulled blanks, it wouldn’t take long to stack and move. The show didn’t give us any points of reference to figure it out. I think a lot of the “betrayal” was fake and added for drama. 

But hey, what are gonna do? People don’t want to watch Sean Dwyer fish for 60 minutes. 

This shit has to be tv drama. He would get his ass beat in every dockside bar if he really did this shit.

I can't believe it's not highly illegal to pull another boat's pot and take the crab. That's twice he's done it on camera. That has to be an arraigned deal or Fish and Game would be all over them.

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:
14 hours ago, Lat22 said:

This shit has to be tv drama. He would get his ass beat in every dockside bar if he really did this shit.

This. Harley is usually referred to as the made for TV 14 term as a “jack ass”. Sailors can and do curse much worse than that. He’s the Season 16 bad guy, and Discovery is going to portray him that way. 

Would I rather have a beer with the Hillstrands or Harley, well that’s an easy question. At least I know John and Andy won’t steal my beer when I get up to take a piss.

Edited by billfromlaketravis

6 minutes ago, RPM said:

I can't believe it's not highly illegal to pull another boat's pot and take the crab. That's twice he's done it on camera. That has to be an arraigned deal or Fish and Game would be all over them.

Don’t think he pulled Cornelia’s this episode, that was after he re-set near them. Like someone said above, they make 2 days seem like 20 minutes in editing. 

Agree and I didn’t have too much of an issue with Harley on this one. He is a complete asshole though.