Ski Season 2019/2020

3 minutes ago, Upgrayedd said:

Is that you flipping into Corbets? 

corbets, yes.

me? the fuck i wish it were.

my balls are old and shriveled. 

5 minutes ago, Upgrayedd said:

Is that you flipping into Corbets? 

Isn't that the only way you're allowed to drop in?

3 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Isn't that the only way you're allowed to drop in?

If I'm in there its because I fell into it or was pushed.

pulled a couple other pics from week before last

49545996501_b4b6641acb_b.jpg  
49545997091_f4070d1ce7_b.jpg  
49546224632_d187e726f6_b.jpg  
the salt lake in the background VVV
49545511278_851bfec8ba_b.jpg  
Baller! Great shots!

I'm always too busy gobbling up powder to stop and take pictures. That, and either skiing alone, or with guys who don't stop.

pulled a couple other pics from week before last

49545996501_b4b6641acb_b.jpg  
49545997091_f4070d1ce7_b.jpg  
49546224632_d187e726f6_b.jpg  
the salt lake in the background VVV
49545511278_851bfec8ba_b.jpg  

That first pic is especially fantastic.

Who knows about home wood mountain resort in Tahoe?

im looking at options for next season passes and if I buy them for red lodge which is nearby, I get free skiing at grand targhee and homewood when I stay at the resort at least 2 days. 

23 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

im looking at options for next season passes and if I buy them for red lodge which is nearby, I get free skiing at grand targhee and homewood when I stay at the resort at least 2 days. 

speaking of grand targhee, do most people ski both there and Big Sky when they travel to ski MT ?  Never skied MT but Big Sky came up on my Utah trip a few weeks ago.  Regarding Big Sky, I looked at the trail map and that 11k ft summit of Lone Mountain seems intense  - looks to have some big boy routes down.  

Grand targhee is in Wyoming, near Jackson and driggs, ID, west of the Tetons. 

closest to big sky would be Bridger bowl in Bozeman. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

23 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Homewood is a smaller area on the west shore.  Been a minute since I skied there.  Used to be a family op, now it’s under different owns.  Fun area (at least it was when I was there).  Didn’t get the crowds that Squawpine got.

Targhee is awesome.  GF’s aunt and uncle love in Driggs.  Know that area well.  Don’t go for a big apres scene (although Trap Bar is fantastic, mellow, friendly).  It’s not that type of place.  Decent terrain.  Ton of snow.  Probably fog.

The annoying thing about Alta is that in the summertime I can go through the parks and it’s 3 hours or so, but once the park roads close and I have to go around it turns into a 6 hour drive (assuming good roads).

I’ve had some great times at Grand Targhee. Or like Upgrayyed said, Grand Foggy. Driggs is a great town to put together a dirt cheap ski trip and you can drive on over to Jackson Hole mountain resort if you want to mix it up for a day or two. 

All the Montana locals I’ve talked to had lots of good things to say about Bridger Bowl. If I was gonna put together a ski trip to Big Sky I think it would be worth stopping in there too at least for a day to check out the scene. 

44 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Grand targhee is in Wyoming, near Jackson and driggs, ID, west of the Tetons. 

closest to big sky would be Bridger bowl in Bozeman. 

That’s right - GT is near Jackson Hole.  Not been there yet either and it’s getting talked up as a destination.  We’re just so locked into the convenience of SLC, reliable quality of snow, and multiple resorts.

but Big Sky anyone - yay or nay ?

I was at big sky 3 years ago in early April, but the wife and I just sat and drank while the kids did 2 days of ski school. The terrain is enormous and varied from what I understand. There are places to eat at the resort and our room was Hampton inn quality. Town is small though, didn’t really explore it at all. Plenty of snow, even got a couple inches while we were there. I’ll scroll through and see if I have any pics. 

Notice the relative emptiness of the chairs and the base.  This was the second week of April. 

I want to say we got the room, breakfast buffet, and 2 lift tix per day for like $200 per day. 

We don't care about night life.  Just need a house w at least 7 bedrooms and a big kitchen.  Looking at vrbo, there's definitely some qualifying MT vacation homes.  It also appears Bozeman has a costco, so we'd be in business.

6 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
57 minutes ago, triplehorn said:
Any thoughts on these emoji3532.pngemoji3532.pngemoji3532.png coming off that 11k ft summit at big sky ?
1573909921jpg_render.jpg

I think i would love that mountain.

Looks fuckin killer on a powder day 

Access to a number of those chutes and couloirs at Big Sky involves strapping skis/board on your pack and traversing steeps along paths while holding on to anchored horizontal guide ropes.  pretty wild.

I'm starting to understand the big sky vibe.  Had no idea bout the scale and terrain.

2 hours ago, triplehorn said:

Any thoughts on these ♦️♦️♦️ coming off that 11k ft summit at big sky ?

1573909921jpg_render.jpg

By the way, that’s only the top half of that mountain. If you go all the way up to lone peak and ski out of that bowl Or around it, you can have a miles long run that’s 5k vertical too. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

Southwest just announced they’re going to start service to Steamboat by the end of the year. Not sure from which cities yet.